1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

This RSN stuff has to end

You hope.� Hey...I thought everyone loved Torre!
    We are thankful for everything he did for our team. But the last 4 years he was making questionable moves and he got quite complacent. I swear sometimes he was sleeping in the dugout. And he never stood up for the team like Girardi is doing. Torre actually threw Arod under the bus once. Managers shouldn't do that. It was time for him to move on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

"Maddon said there should not be any difference between ST play andregular season play. And in the regular season they would have beenpaid back."

Um, if running over a catcher is ok in the regular season, there's no reason to pay them back for it in the regular season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Oh good lord, now you are comparing the sox and yankees with Russia and the USA? LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

I don't agree that the yankees have lost with Damon....yet. His first year there he did great. Last year wasn't good, but when he played and led off they did much better. I will wait and see how he does this year. No, he isn't playing in CF like he was suppose to, but he seems more suited to LF. I liked how he played it there last year. But it is true the yankees haven't had much luck with FA.

As far as other teams stepping up, spending more money, competing for the FA's out there, yes they have. And of course that has made it harder for the yankees to win. I think it is a more level playing field then it has ever been. Even the teams with a lot of young kids look pretty good out there. I find that good for baseball. I don't have a problem with it. You can't win them all. But the yankees are still out there competing, and except for last year were winning their division and making the PO's. They won't and can't always win. But they have had a heck of a run for the last 12 years or so. To compare the yanks and the sox as Russia and the US though is a little overboard. It is just a game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

The Yankees came to that conclusion after trying to buy EVERY title since free agency started (1970).��� They have been successful only six times.� 6 for 37 = 14%� Now that there is another team willing to spend with them, and outsmart them, they are realizing they haven't been successful.� Since the RS, Angels, Mets, and Cubs stepped up; ZERO WS rings.� Even when they won battles for free agents, the Yankees lost.� Zambrano, Contreras, Rogers, Johnson, Damon, Weaver, etc etc.It was kinda like the cold war.� The US bi.tched that the USSR was sending a far greater percentage of their GNP on�weapons.� Until Reagan stepped up and said that he would outsend the USSR at every turn.� Down came the�walls, down came the Evil Empire.So it sounds like you agree with the yankees approach of spending money in order to win.� and all along sox fans criticized the yankees for doing business that way but now that the sox are doing it the same way the yankees did, it is smart.............LOL............