1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Time for the annual Steeler whoopin

It's so sad. The Steelers are one of the best teams in the league. Rock solid defense. Top 5 QB. Elite receivers. Best running team year in and year out. But they always fall apart against our boys.

And we cost them two Super Bowls this decade, LOL!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hmmmm.. do you really think the Steelers are firing on all cylinders now? They've not exactly been winning games very convincingly against quality teams. Only Washington is in the W column their last 5 games against teams with winning records. The Pats O has come along a lot these last few weeks. Like the Titans, their record came as a result of a soft schedule.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Maybe the Pitts are having some trouble this year, but I was referring more generally to their success this decade (except against the Pats, LOL!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Well then, why are we worried?!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

It's just not the same without The Chin standing along the sidelines, late in the game, looking in disbelief at what amounted to yet another train wreck like loss by the Squeelers. I still feel that their SB win was a symoathy thing from the NFL. Nothing else explains all those bad playoff calls they benefited from. Yet, let's all focus on the Pats "cheating". Hmmmmmm..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Steelers have the number one defense in both yardage and points per game. That is right.

Better than the Titans and better than the Gints.

I suspect they present NE a challenge, and are one of the two challenging games left on the schedule for NE, the other being a ARizona team that can score points with the best of em'.

That said, if the Pats can muster the kind of energy they brought against the fins and iun the second half against the Jets, I see no reason why they cannot beat any team in football.

So often when NE has lost there has been a distinct lack of fire, We need to see that down the stretch. IF they play that way, the sky is the limit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelersnumber1. Show steelersnumber1's posts

[Quote]Hmmmm.. do you really think the Steelers are firing on all cylinders now? They've not exactly been winning games very convincingly against quality teams. Only Washington is in the W column their last 5 games against teams with winning records. The Pats O has come along a lot these last few weeks. Like the Titans, their record came as a result of a soft schedule.[/Quote]

The Steelers actually have had one of the toughest schedules in the history of the NFL this season.

But you're right... your QB will shread this DEE as they are just "Vanilla & Run-of-the-Mill" nothing Cassel hasn't seen already... right.

For the record, this ain't the Fins, Jets, or Bills Defense... and Cassel has never played against this scheme before. Oh by the way, James Harrison is the guy who replaced Joey "Big Mouth" Porter... He lets his play do the talking, as do the rest of this bunch.

This is going to be a very low scoring game with lots of Icy Hot and plent of Ice to follow... I know the Pats will be up for this one, up against the best Steeler Defense since the Gregg Lloyd & Kevin Green Years. Neither starting QB may finish this one and Moss should prepare to be hit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Good post. I'd agree and I'm a Pats fan.

But the Pats are going to have a hard time in pass defense. Their secondary simply cannot stop, or even slow down, the opposition's pass game this season.

But if I were with the Steelers, I'd be scrambling to try to find a way to keep Welker, not Moss, from getting thrown to. It's not Randy you guys need to worry about this Sunday.

This will be a good one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

steeler jam none of us are taking this game lightly no matter what you may read on this forum we all know how tough it will be this year to get a win over your guys and we all know this is a must win for us to make the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Oh yeah, we're so scared of the Terrible Towels. Just like last year when Anthony Smith guaranteed a Steelers win, we were afraid to take the field. Or back in 2004 after they ended our NFL record winning streak, we were terrified of facing them in their house for the AFC Championship. Ditto for 2001. Oh no, that great Steelers D, whatever will we do.

ROFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyBradyFan. Show LadyBradyFan's posts

We beat em last year we can do it again. They aren't that good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

There is no way the Pats are taking this game lightly. The Steelers will have the Best D the Pats have seen all year. The only thing that kept the Steelers from having the same record as the Titans is a brutal schedule and key injuries. They are the better football team of the two. The Pats can beat them, but it's not going to be a cakewalk. Cassel & Co. have to negate the pass rush (running plays, screens and hitches) and Cassel can't spend to much time making decisions; how about fewer hospital passes to Welker; how do the Steelers defend Moss (CB press, with safety over the top, jam him at the line etc....). This will be very tough game; really looking forward to it, I consider this game kind of a barometer of how good this Pats team is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

[Quote]Oh yeah, we're so scared of the Terrible Towels. Just like last year when Anthony Smith guaranteed a Steelers win, we were afraid to take the field. Or back in 2004 after they ended our NFL record winning streak, we were terrified of facing them in their house for the AFC Championship. Ditto for 2001. Oh no, that great Steelers D, whatever will we do.

ROFL.[/Quote]

I love it when the Patsy fans talk smack because you'll end up just like last year......losers. You're the only team I know that had the rest of the country pulling for a New York team to win. Why? Because Boston fans are actually more arrogant than New York fans.

Yes the Steelers lost to the Patsies in the AFC Championship game in 2004 but now that we know you taped our defensive calls when we whipped your butts during the regular season should anybody be surprised? You will always be known as cheaters so get used to it.

Now that you don't know our defensive calls for this year just sit back and watch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

substantial arrogance from Mighty. Very surprising. And some of you wonder why us trolls are here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

[Quote]

The Steelers actually have had one of the toughest schedules in the history of the NFL this season.
    [/Quote]

Please. The Steelers didn't play a decent team besides Baltimore for the first six weeks of the season.

They had a tough three weeks with the Giants, Wash and Indy and lost 2 out of three of them. Last week's game against the mighty Bengals was a real toughie, wasn't it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Cakewalk

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

[Quote]Cakewalk[/Quote]

Agree.....Steelers 31 ....Patsie 6

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

[Quote]

Please. The Steelers didn't play a decent team besides Baltimore for the first six weeks of the season.

They had a tough three weeks with the Giants, Wash and Indy and lost 2 out of three of them. Last week's game against the mighty Bengals was a real toughie, wasn't it?[/Quote]

Give me a break. This is coming from a fan of a team that has the absolute easiest division in the history of the NFL. For the past 10 years you've had 6 automatic wins every year....Miami, Buffalo and the Jets. The only thing missing from those games is that the players weren't wearing skirts. Ane if the Steelers had your schedule this year they would be undefeated.

Does anyone in the Boston area understand football?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

Yes it is sad that after going 17-0 last year N.E. became the only team in history to go undfeated during the regular season and CHOKE in the big game. What's the matter did someone lose the tapes of the defensive calls from the previous Giants games? LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Hey Twix,
    Remember those two super bowls you would have won this decade, if you hadn't needed to play the Pats to get there?
    You never thanked us for letting Miami beat us the last game of 05, thereby finally allowing you guys to get to the Super Bowl without having to face us in the playoffs. But as a fan of Roethlisberger, I'll pre-emptively say, you're welcome!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Harley,

I'm just stating the obvious. You have had 2 weeks of Cassel excellence which says alot about Belichick, your line, and receivers and less about the QB. But you are talking as if Brady is out there. Wait a minute, maybe it is the scheme and not the QB. Maybe Brady isn't that great. Just kidding, but Cassel's success does beg the question - anyway thats another subject.

Left side of your line may be a little thin this game going against a ferocious defense due Light's hair pulling fight. And your defense is suspect even without the injuries.

Every week I watch the colts (and they are on a run), I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, but they keep pulling out games. The colts are not great yet they beat the pats. Yes the colts also beat the steelers, but I just don't see the room for arrogance regarding this game.

Finally, reliving past success as reason to bank on it this time is a bad formula for it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Not being arrogant, underdog, just stating the facts.

Not dwelling on past success either. Just trying to console Steelers fans so that when they lose this Sunday, they'll remember it isn't as bad as the two times we spanked them in the AFC Championship this decade.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Yes it is sad that after going 17-0 last year N.E. became the only team in history to go undfeated during the regular season and CHOKE in the big game.

Please get your facts straight before you troll here! First off, they went 18-0 before losing the Super Bowl by three points. And there have been 4 teams to have an undefeated season (07 Patriots, 72 Dolphins, and the Bears twice back in the 40s I believe). And the only one to win the championship game was the Dolphins back in 72. Both Bears teams also lost in the NFL Championship game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[Quote]Harley,

I'm just stating the obvious. You have had 2 weeks of Cassel excellence which says alot about Belichick, your line, and receivers and less about the QB. But you are talking as if Brady is out there. Wait a minute, maybe it is the scheme and not the QB. Maybe Brady isn't that great. Just kidding, but Cassel's success does beg the question - anyway thats another subject.

Left side of your line may be a little thin this game going against a ferocious defense due Light's hair pulling fight. And your defense is suspect even without the injuries.

It's not often I agree with you Dogg, but some of confidence on this thread seems way overstated to me. This would be a HUGE win for this Pats team and frankly I don't think they should be favored, even by a point. The defense hasn't shown they can stop anyone and Cassel hasn't seen a defense this good. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, no smack talking here.

Every week I watch the colts (and they are on a run), I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, but they keep pulling out games. The colts are not great yet they beat the pats. Yes the colts also beat the steelers, but I just don't see the room for arrogance regarding this game.

Finally, reliving past success as reason to bank on it this time is a bad formula for it.[/Quote]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

[Quote]Not being arrogant, underdog, just stating the facts.

Not dwelling on past success either. Just trying to console Steelers fans so that when they lose this Sunday, they'll remember it isn't as bad as the two times we spanked them in the AFC Championship this decade.[/Quote]

You know when someone is desparate when they have to keep living in the past. If you want to re-live the past then just keep veiwing those tapes!
    Ooops sorry.....I couldn't resist.

Sections
Shortcuts