1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Time for the annual Steeler whoopin

[Quote]Good post. I'd agree and I'm a Pats fan.

But the Pats are going to have a hard time in pass defense. Their secondary simply cannot stop, or even slow down, the opposition's pass game this season.

But if I were with the Steelers, I'd be scrambling to try to find a way to keep Welker, not Moss, from getting thrown to. It's not Randy you guys need to worry about this Sunday.

This will be a good one.[/Quote] This year's whine: THE SCHEDULE. Hmmmm... let's take a look at this vaunted schedule. Wins against Houston, The Brownies, Jacksonville, San Diego, all stand 4-7. Then there's the GREAT 1-9-1 Bengals. Want to extol the tremendous virtues of the 5-5-1 "aimless" Eagles? There's the 2 wins vs the Ravens and 'Skins (both 7-4), with losses to the Colts and Giants. Seems to me the Pats had just about the same schedule last season (played the AFC South and NFC East, PLUS the first place teams the year before). The aggregate record of ALL '07 Patriot opponents was 105-87. If you will recall, the Pats went UNDEFEATED aginst this strength of schedule, including wins against the 13-3 Colts and 'Boys, 11-5 Jags and Chargers, the 10-6 Titans and Giants, mand teh 9-7 'Skins. This is a body of work against teams as they were achieving these records. Excepting the Giants, this year's Squeeler opponents over .500 will be hard pressed to get to 10-11 wins. So, spoare us teh Ward-o-dile tears on "schedule". Compared to last year's Patriots schedule, the Squeelers have a cake walk, with 2 or your 3 losses coming to teams well over .500, and one to an aimless team right at .500. Enjoy your other 6 wins against teams well under .500, while claiming a false hardship. The REAL whining and bawling starts Sunday with the Patriots. To make the tears even more juicy, it's on the road! Then you have to play the 'Boys, Ravens, and Titans, before the league throws you a bone called the Bengals.

As for your '08 defense, it's tough to suck against vastly inferior opponents. Waa! Waa! Waa! Get those crying towels ready. May I suggest you invest in those "As Seen On TV" Shammy Wows? After all, they are more absorbant.

Tough schedule.... LMFAO!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[Quote]
    There is no way the Pats are taking this game lightly. The Steelers will have the Best D the Pats have seen all year. The only thing that kept the Steelers from having the same record as the Titans is a brutal schedule and key injuries. They are the better football team of the two. The Pats can beat them, but it's not going to be a cakewalk. Cassel & Co. have to negate the pass rush (running plays, screens and hitches) and Cassel can't spend to much time making decisions; how about fewer hospital passes to Welker; how do the Steelers defend Moss (CB press, with safety over the top, jam him at the line etc....). This will be very tough game; really looking forward to it, I consider this game kind of a barometer of how good this Pats team is.
    [/Quote]

Huh? Show me this mythical "brutal" schedule! They're 8-3 with losses tothe 10-1 Giants, 7-4 Colts, and 5-5-1 Eagles. Wins? against 7-4 Ravens and 7-4 'Skins. The other wins? I wouldn't call the 4-7 Texans, Brownies, Jags, Chargers. Plus throw in two impressive wins vs the 1-9-1 Bungles. Remember, the Pats went undefeated last season against stronger out of division opponents. Right now, the Squeelers are 4-0 vs their division. That leaves them 4-3 versus everyone else. I'm sure impressed!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[Quote]Wow Patriot fans are stupid....
    The New England Patriots still have a potent offense, even without Tom Brady, but this time the Steelers can counter with a healthy defense.

Last year when the Steelers went to Gillette Stadium, their starting safeties were Anthony Smith and Tyrone Carter, because Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark were out; LaMarr Woodley was inactive because of injury, and Aaron Smith would leave the game with a torn biceps and miss the rest of the season.

And if there was one area the Patriots exploited more than the others, it was the safeties. Brady threw a 63-yard touchdown pass to Moss and 56 and 32-yard touchdown passes to Jabar Gaffney. No such help this year chumps...Get ready to eat some Steel.....
    [/Quote]

LMFAO! Now we have a Squeeler fan whining about "injuries" as an excuse in last season's seeminly annual Squeeler debacle. Injuries happen in the NFL. Too bad the Squeelers got some boo-boos. GET OVER IT! JUst get ready for yet another introduction to Pats Ball.

And you Squeeler fans wondewr where the "Squeeler" comes from! Just have a nice yellow slicker ready for Cry Me A River Ward Sunday night. Don't want him to catch a cold because of the tears that will be shed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[Quote]

Give me a break. This is coming from a fan of a team that has the absolute easiest division in the history of the NFL. For the past 10 years you've had 6 automatic wins every year....Miami, Buffalo and the Jets. The only thing missing from those games is that the players weren't wearing skirts. Ane if the Steelers had your schedule this year they would be undefeated.

Does anyone in the Boston area understand football?[/Quote]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

AZPat,

Nice!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[Quote]

Give me a break. This is coming from a fan of a team that has the absolute easiest division in the history of the NFL. For the past 10 years you've had 6 automatic wins every year....Miami, Buffalo and the Jets. The only thing missing from those games is that the players weren't wearing skirts. Ane if the Steelers had your schedule this year they would be undefeated.

REALITY CHECK, oh cavity causing troll. Here's a fact. The Pats BEAT the NFC East on their way to being undefeated. Hmmmm.. so far your Squeelers are 1-2, with a game to play vs the 'Boys. The best possible you can do is 2-2 against the same teams the Pats beat 4-0. Not very impressive, I must say. They also beat the Colts, which the Squeelers failed to do this year. So much for your uneducated "undefeated" drivel. THis doesn't include the upcoming games vs the Pats, Ravens, and Titans, before you get your final cupcake vs the Brownies.

Want to talk division opponents? Strap this one on. Your Squeelers play in a poor division, which includes the Bungles and Brownies. Check out the AFC East and you'll find EVERY TEAM is above .500. Seems to me that this would make the Pats season "tougher".

Can anyone in Pittsburgh understand what a logical thought and analysis is?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[Quote]

No, they don't which is why we have to come in here and set them straight on a daily basis...They call us "Trolls" but I like to think we are Americans exercising our rights of free speech...Until Jan. 20.[/Quote]

Jeff, I see another high and tight one caught you, huh? Just go to first and lick your wounds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

[Quote]

Point out any post I've made that said the Pats have had a tough schedule. I haven't.

Any other irrelevant points you'd like to make, Skippy?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

[Quote]

REALITY CHECK, oh cavity causing troll. Here's a fact. The Pats BEAT the NFC East on their way to being undefeated. Hmmmm.. so far your Squeelers are 1-2, with a game to play vs the 'Boys. The best possible you can do is 2-2 against the same teams the Pats beat 4-0. Not very impressive, I must say. They also beat the Colts, which the Squeelers failed to do this year. So much for your uneducated "undefeated" drivel. THis doesn't include the upcoming games vs the Pats, Ravens, and Titans, before you get your final cupcake vs the Brownies.

Want to talk division opponents? Strap this one on. Your Squeelers play in a poor division, which includes the Bungles and Brownies. Check out the AFC East and you'll find EVERY TEAM is above .500. Seems to me that this would make the Pats season "tougher".

Can anyone in Pittsburgh understand what a logical thought and analysis
    is?[/Quote]

The Pats beat the Colts? What planet do you live on? Looks to me like the only teams you beat that are over 500 are the ones in your pathetic division, except for Denver. And the rest of you wins are against KC 1-10, SF 3-8 and the Rams 2-9. Upcomeing games against the Seahawks 2-9 and Oakland 3-8....Whoa.....you better start buying Super Bowel tickets.

Your division and your schedule is a joke!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[Quote]

The Pats beat the Colts? What planet do you live on? Looks to me like the only teams you beat that are over 500 are the ones in your pathetic division, except for Denver. And the rest of you wins are against KC 1-10, SF 3-8 and the Rams 2-9. Upcomeing games against the Seahawks 2-9 and Oakland 3-8....Whoa.....you better start buying Super Bowel tickets.

Your division and your schedule is a joke![/Quote]

Ah! Just like your name sake cookie: all air, no substance. Your drivel proves my point about reading for COMPREHENSION. My post clearly reflects on LAST year's schedule, which, as you know, the Patriots aced. Included were 4 wins against the NFC East, which your Squeelers are struggling with (that would be 1-2 against), plus a win vs the Colts, BOlts, Jags, etc.

Go ahead and drag out the pathetic NFC West, which is, by the way, the same crowd the SQUEELERS played last year. Want to take a trip down Memory Lane? If you will, let's take a left at Week #4, and tell us what you see. OK, I'll help. I believe it was a loss to the Arizona Stinking Cardinals! 'Nuff said on that issue. But, let's take a look at the "joke" that you allege the AFC East to be. All teams over .500 (can't make that claim with the AFC North, can ya?). But, as lomng as we're on the subject, please explain to all how your vaunted Squeelers managed to gak it up against the JESTS! (that would be the 4-12 JESTS!) and be HUMILIATED by the DFL team in the entire NFL, those wild and wacky Fins (they of the 1-15 record record; note the "1").

So, stay a typical know nothing Squeeler fan. Don't admitt that they went 2-2 against a "joke" AFC East, and lost to the stinking Cardinals. Be proud of that! Stand tall! Get ready and don't be disappointed when the Squeelers lose, yet again, come Sunday.

Thanks for proving my point about COMPREHENSION.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Twix016. Show Twix016's posts

[Quote]

Ah! Just like your name sake cookie: all air, no substance. Your drivel proves my point about reading for COMPREHENSION. My post clearly reflects on LAST year's schedule, which, as you know, the Patriots aced. Included were 4 wins against the NFC East, which your Squeelers are struggling with (that would be 1-2 against), plus a win vs the Colts, BOlts, Jags, etc.

Go ahead and drag out the pathetic NFC West, which is, by the way, the same crowd the SQUEELERS played last year. Want to take a trip down Memory Lane? If you will, let's take a left at Week #4, and tell us what you see. OK, I'll help. I believe it was a loss to the Arizona Stinking Cardinals! 'Nuff said on that issue. But, let's take a look at the "joke" that you allege the AFC East to be. All teams over .500 (can't make that claim with the AFC North, can ya?). But, as lomng as we're on the subject, please explain to all how your vaunted Squeelers managed to gak it up against the JESTS! (that would be the 4-12 JESTS!) and be HUMILIATED by the DFL team in the entire NFL, those wild and wacky Fins (they of the 1-15 record record; note the "1").

So, stay a typical know nothing Squeeler fan. Don't admitt that they went 2-2 against a "joke" AFC East, and lost to the stinking Cardinals. Be proud of that! Stand tall! Get ready and don't be disappointed when the Squeelers lose, yet again, come Sunday.

Thanks for proving my point about COMPREHENSION.[/Quote]

Yea they aced it alright. What was the SB score? Once again you guys love to live in the past. So if you're going to talk about how tough your schedule was last year don't forget to include the pathetic AFC East while you do it. Don't tell me what you did last year or the year before. Unless
    you want to bring up the biggest choke of all time. Are you still trying to sell all your SuperBowel Champion T-shirts?

Tell your boys to get out the Geritol this weekend....they'll need it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Man, what is with the attribution links for these posts. That last, which AZPat posted gets attributed to me! Anyway...

Twix..... The AFC East has all teams above 500 this year, the AFC North does not.. so live in the present. The purpose of AZ's post is to point out that against basically the same competition the Pats have a better record than the Steelers. You do like to point out a lot about the Steelers past, so let's call the kettle black!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[Quote]

Yea they aced it alright. What was the SB score? Once again you guys love to live in the past. So if you're going to talk about how tough your schedule was last year don't forget to include the pathetic AFC East while you do it. Don't tell me what you did last year or the year before. Unless
    you want to bring up the biggest choke of all time. Are you still trying to sell all your SuperBowel Champion T-shirts?

Tell your boys to get out the Geritol this weekend....they'll need it.[/Quote]

We're still waiting for you to tell us just how "tuff" the Squeeler schedule has been so far, and what this misguided opinion is based on. I already pointed out how they're 1-2 vs the NFC East, right? And that they have only 2 wins vs teams over .500, right? And that they play in a lame division, with the 1-9-1 Bungles and 4-7 Brownies, correct? Where's the "iron" part of this? PLEASE tell us all where teh strength is! Seeing you made the contention that if the Squeelers had the Pat's schedule..... My point on the NFC East was that the Pats ACED them last year, while the Squeelers..... well, even YOU get that picture. Then, there's the NFC West. which your Squeelers also failed to take care of business against, losing to teh stinking Cardinals (week 4, remember?). So, don't think your half witted, hair brained and half azzed comments about strength of schedule isn't going to be properly addressed. Well, maybe not in Pittsburgh.

Once again, thanks for proving my point about COMPREHENSION.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[Quote]Harley,

I'm just stating the obvious. You have had 2 weeks of Cassel excellence which says alot about Belichick, your line, and receivers and less about the QB. But you are talking as if Brady is out there. Wait a minute, maybe it is the scheme and not the QB. Maybe Brady isn't that great. Just kidding, but Cassel's success does beg the question - anyway thats another subject.

Left side of your line may be a little thin this game going against a ferocious defense due Light's hair pulling fight. And your defense is suspect even without the injuries.

Every week I watch the colts (and they are on a run), I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, but they keep pulling out games. The colts are not great yet they beat the pats. Yes the colts also beat the steelers, but I just don't see the room for arrogance regarding this game.

Finally, reliving past success as reason to bank on it this time is a bad formula for it.[/Quote]

Pretty prescient comments, Dogg! Thoroughly enjoyable second half that stultifies most of these posters' attempts to be taken seriously!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]so where are all the Pats fans? having trans-gender surgery so they can all "marry" Tom?

LOLOL

the Pats were just awesome today, freakin wicked awesome...................lol[/Quote]

The Pats were "freakin, wicked AWFUL!!" As a Pats fan I accept it. Teams can have a sucky game. What of it? Does it make your team that much better? At least I can say the Pats have given a heck of a lot more joy to their fans this decade than any other team. So, you can enjoy this rare moment of giddiness!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote] As a Cowboy fan I never thought I would see the day when I would root for the Giants in the Super Bowl, but I did. It's because I the fans of New England are PATHETIC![/Quote]

Can I say ALL Cowboy fans are pathetic like you can say that of Pats fans because I do not support the Cowboys? You know them all? I don't know all the Cowboys fans and I am certain there are Cowboy fans that make you cringe with what they post. Why must you place a label on all Pats fans? What have they done to you?

There are those that embarrass the crap out of us with their posts, posts that are seen on every fan site across this nation. So, unless the "thing" that you use to judge Pats fans as being pathetic does not exist elsewhere, why not leave your hate for Pats fans at home and leave it there. I have no reason to hate you because of your loyalty to the Cowboys. Support your team and leave hate out of it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]Hey NIZ
    you really are an idiot[/Quote]

So is Twix....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

You guys got us good today! Just hope you don't run into us in the playoffs when Ty Warren is healthy again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slick101. Show Slick101's posts

You say the Steelers always fall apart against your pathetic Patsies? You are a bloody moron. Your team is impotent. I loved Clark's hit on Welker by the way. Enjoy watching PGH in the playoffs this year, loser! You girls are staying home.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]You say the Steelers always fall apart against your pathetic Patsies? You are a bloody moron. Your team is impotent. I loved Clark's hit on Welker by the way. Enjoy watching PGH in the playoffs this year, loser! You girls are staying home.[/Quote]

I think the Pats record against the Steelers the last few years speaks for itself. The Steelers deserved the win today, nothing much else to say, Pats got womped.

As for Clark's hit, he will definitely be fined given he hit Welker when it was clearly obvious there was no ball near him. Good clean hits are Ok, this hit isn't in that territory. Clark took advantage of Welker who shut down once the ball was deflected and simply started to stroll, he wasn't even in a jog. If Clark had hit a QB the same way, possible suspension.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

ty warren please he is not 23 point diffence maker fool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from steeltime. Show steeltime's posts

differerent year...'08...that was a butt-kicking...probably going to stop all of those rumors about you trading brady and his bad knees...and having matt cassell as your qb.
    yeah...400 yards...passing agianst us?? HA!!!!!!!!! did you get 200? oh yeah...and...it's going to take next year for brady to rehab too...that injury takes two seasons to recover from...ask dante culpepper...so..you'll suck in '09 also..so..you got that going for you....which is nice. he'll play..but..you'll suck.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Slick101. Show Slick101's posts

[Quote]
    You are making an incomprehensible point about comprehension? My, you are a clever gal! AZPAT, I will concede you one point though regarding your asinine "strength of schedule" post. The Steelers did get a break this week, having an opportunity to play a sorry-ass outfit like the Patsies. By the way, how many guys on your defense are already eligible to collect social security? Ben had all the time in the world today. Give my regards to Marsha Brady, sweetie...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts