1. You have chosen to ignore posts from robbosox. Show robbosox's posts

Timlin..u knew it

I just knew it... when Timlin came in..that we were in trouble..He has had a great career, but its almost over...Just shows how deep into our bullpen we were to have him come in...Go Red Sox

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicksam1. Show nicksam1's posts

Timlin..u knew it

It's tragic. Timlin was for so many years THE ROCK of that bullpen, the leader. I hate knowing that people are going to boo him, deride him, when they would never have come close in 2003 and won in 2004 -- and in 2007, for that matter -- without him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Timlin..u knew it

It's not almost over; it really is over. Mike: Please call it a day. You've been too good to keep on being embarrassed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from robbosox. Show robbosox's posts

Timlin..u knew it

Ugly outing...ugh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from roberr48. Show roberr48's posts

Timlin..u knew it

Timlin just assured that he will not be on the playoff roster......Sorry to say but time has caught up with him and Wake......It is Over....I can't believe that Francona can expect these guys to come through any longer...they look old and throw old.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbv2003. Show gbv2003's posts

Timlin..u knew it

Why does Francona keep using him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ieyetouch. Show ieyetouch's posts

Timlin..u knew it

WHY is Timlin even on the roster?
    Where is Al Nipper? (Probably shining Rocket's shoes).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tampabaysox. Show tampabaysox's posts

Timlin..u knew it

excellent managing by Francona here. It's a good thing he pulled Lopez after striking out the first batter on three pitches. If he had been subjected to throw ten more pitches to complete the inning, his arm would have clearly fallen off. Plus, I've heard that ANY right handed pitcher is better than a lefty when facing a right handed hitter. If Francona had a right handed high school pitcher available, it would still be best to have him replace Lopez agianst Bartlett. Kudos, Terry..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bert0529. Show Bert0529's posts

Timlin..u knew it

[Quote]Why does Francona keep using him?[/Quote]

He hasn't seen much playing time. There are only so many guys down there, Francona has to use him sometime.

I was surprised to see him pitching to Pena though. I know there was next to nobody left down in the pen, but it still seemed like a good time to make the move. I'd like to hear the logic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicksam1. Show nicksam1's posts

Timlin..u knew it

You can't be serious, blaming Francona for this. Boston needs good lefthanded relief pitching and you don't overextend Lopez in a game like this when you're practically guaranteed a playoff spot at this point. This is a good game to win but NOT essential.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicksam1. Show nicksam1's posts

Timlin..u knew it

I was surprised to see him pitching to Pena though. I know there was next to nobody left down in the pen, but it still seemed like a good time to make the move. I'd like to hear the logic.

The logic is that there's nobody else to turn to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bert0529. Show Bert0529's posts

Timlin..u knew it

[Quote]I was surprised to see him pitching to Pena though. I know there was next to nobody left down in the pen, but it still seemed like a good time to make the move. I'd like to hear the logic.

The logic is that there's nobody else to turn to.
    [/Quote]

That's what I'm figuring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tampabaysox. Show tampabaysox's posts

Timlin..u knew it

Yea, whatever you do, don't over extend Javier Lopez! Then all is lost!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Timlin..u knew it

Mike Timlin is being carried on the roster because of sentimentality from years past. He has ZERO value and everyone with half a brain can see it. You don't hold a roster spot for a guy that needs 3 days between appearances to even have a chance at success, and even then he's basically pitching batting practice out there. Check out his WHIP! Lefties hit him at a .330 clip and righties right around .300. I really hate to hear the argument made that "we need to use him because the rest of the guys have been used..." because it totally misses the obvious: we have a guy in our bullpen who shouldn't be there, and someone who could actually help us isn't there. There's no way in hell we can carry this batting practice pitcher into the post season. He cost us yet another game. Theo and Terry better snap out of the delusional fog they seem to be stuck in and actually make a decision to take back Timlin's rostor spot. He's lost the right to have it looooooong ago.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirtywater2005. Show dirtywater2005's posts

Timlin..u knew it

Release Timlin whenver he ptiches its a home run.. Francoma blew this one no division. all season thye have not been able to win the real critcla games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkat. Show jkat's posts

Timlin..u knew it

It apparently wasn't an important game to win or else maybe he would have started the hottest hitter in all of baseball - why does he always sit guys when they're on fire??? i just don't get it - don't tell me they need a rest - Ellsbury is hitting like .150 the past week or so - just ridiculous - and sorry, Timlin is done - the goal is to win homefield because this team can't win on the road - they aren't winning in LA and they aren't winning in Chicago or Minnie and they sure as hell aren't winning in Tampa - when's the last time somebody on this team had a really big hit, and don't tell me Bay on Tuesday - they lost that game - i mean twice they had men on 1st and 2nd with one out and couldn't get a hit - this was a bad series to lose. I'd also be worried about Paps - he's been way too hitable and only really good defense has kept him from blowing more saves - they'll be out in the first round if Toronto doesn't catch them...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Timlin..u knew it

This is a good game to win but NOT essential.

Spoken like a good company man. I guess none of these games are essential.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmccarthy76. Show bmccarthy76's posts

Timlin..u knew it

It was the 14th inning so i don't blame Francona for using him. Lopez gave us good innings.

I was suprised Beckett didn't go one more ining. He only thorugh 84 pitches....thought he could have at least started the 7th.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1387537. Show user_1387537's posts

Timlin..u knew it

The problem is Timlin shouldn't even be in the bullpen. He is taking up a spot that another reliever should be filling. Its obvious its over. Its over, get used to it. Goodbye Timlin. If he isnt done then the loyalty of the team to him is more important than winning. Just not right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkat. Show jkat's posts

Timlin..u knew it

[Quote]Release Timlin whenver he ptiches its a home run.. Francoma blew this one no division. all season thye have not been able to win the real critcla games.[/Quote]
    you're dead on - they pad their stats with blow out wins from time to time but when's the last time they really won a critical game at the end...i can't recall one - no clutch hitting at all...manny had to go, but God, can somebody get a hit in extra innings with men in scoring position? the Rays hadn't been able to deliver the big hit the entire month and two nights in a row they embarrass the sox at the fens...i just don't get it -

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1387537. Show user_1387537's posts

Timlin..u knew it

Francona just said in the post game interview the pitch Pena hit for a homerun wasn't a bad pitch. Well, it looked like it was laid right up there for him to hit it out. Denial is a sickness with some people.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rudy99. Show Rudy99's posts

Timlin..u knew it

how can anyone blame Timlin for this loss .... all blame goes right to that pathetic line up tonight .... Jacoby O-fer ( you just knew he would get a hit there in the 14th inn when they were already down by 3 ) and Jason O-fer

you learned A LOT about both of these two team with this game tonight .... the Rays will take these two gutsy wins and carry it a long way , well into October

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from badgealbert. Show badgealbert's posts

Timlin..u knew it

[Quote]Timlin just assured that he will not be on the playoff roster......Sorry to say but time has caught up with him and Wake......It is Over....I can't believe that Francona can expect these guys to come through any longer...they look old and throw old.....[/Quote]
    I CAN'T BELIEVE FRANCOMA WOULD DO ANYTHING SHOWING GOOD BASEBALL SENSE. HE'S THE PROBLEM BECAUSE ANY DECENT MGR. WOULD HAVE BOOTED TIMLIN'S A$$ OUT OF BOSTON A LONG RIME AGO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkat. Show jkat's posts

Timlin..u knew it

[Quote]IF Bay on Tuesday wasn't a big hit, what is?[/Quote]

the one in the 9th on Tuesday to tie it that they didn't get...the one in the 11th or 12th with two on and one out that they didn't get tonight...manny's 3 run homer in the ALDS...bill mueller bottom of the ninth in the ALCS...any other questions?