1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thetrader. Show thetrader's posts

Timlin..u knew it

For a team that manages so scientifically and is data driven, why can't they see that this year almost every time Timlin comes in he gives up at least one homerun? He needs to be the "swifter" guy...mop up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Timlin..u knew it

Reply to all.

If you put this loss squarely on the shoulders of Mike Timlin you are all a bunch of morons.

What was the team BA w/RISP? I believe it was .000.
    How many times did we have the winning run in scoring position w/ less than two outs and fail to score? 4 of the 5 extra innings.

This loss goes on the pathetic offense last night and the mis-management of both the bench and the bullpen by Francona.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Timlin..u knew it

[Quote]I was surprised to see him pitching to Pena though. I know there was next to nobody left down in the pen, but it still seemed like a good time to make the move. I'd like to hear the logic.

The logic is that there's nobody else to turn to.
    [/Quote]

Not true. The right field ball girl can really wing it I hear. No seriously, anyone who watches the Sox and Timlin in particular could tell after the first two runners reached that he had NO CHANCE of retiring Pena. And Chris Smith was up throwing. FranCOMA simply has no awareness of actual game situations. He cannot synthesize ALL the variables he is faced with and simply does not make good decisions. That is all there is to it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Timlin..u knew it

[Quote]
    Reply to all.

If you put this loss squarely on the shoulders of Mike Timlin you are all a bunch of morons.

What was the team BA w/RISP? I believe it was .000.
    How many times did we have the winning run in scoring position w/ less than two outs and fail to score? 4 of the 5 extra innings.

This loss goes on the pathetic offense last night and the mis-management of both the bench and the bullpen by Francona.
    [/Quote]

Hard to argue with your logic harv53. The offense was definitely tanking and Terry was almost criminal in his performance last night. Not bunting with runners on 1st+2nd, nobody out, and a scored run meaning we win the game instantly was maybe the worst ingame decision I've ever seen him make. Just a rough night overall, and I'm officially back to wishing for a new manager someday soon. Terry is just too infuriating to watch and costs us too many games by "rolling the dice" with his crazy hunches. Bah! Last night's gonna be hard to forget anytime soon.