1. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatbenny. Show phatbenny's posts

Tired shmired

these guys get paid millions, work six months a year, their work is playing a baseball game for a few hours a day, and they�talk about a lack of energy in Toronto because its been a tough road trip.well, if you are tired drink a cup of coffee before the game.� people pay a lot of money.� people drive their family to toronto at $3.50 a gallon to see the game because its cheaper than a Fenway outing.��

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

Tired shmired

How many times have you been to three countries and been away from home for 3 weeks.It is very easy to say just drink a cup of coffee but it just doesn't work as easily as you think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

Tired shmired

How many times have you been to three countries and been away from home for 3 weeks.It is very easy to say just drink a cup of coffee but it just doesn't work as easily as you think.
    why is 3 countries a big deal.....the Japan trip is tough, but Toronto, come on.......it is closer than most of their road games, to say a 3 country trip is a big deal is just exagerating...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Tired shmired

�''Damn straight , I say test them sox for greenies today !!!� ''

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

Tired shmired

I believe Canada is counted as a country correct.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatbenny. Show phatbenny's posts

Tired shmired

Okay, in retrospect I regret harshing on the sox who said they were tired.It was marginally whiny, but you're right, they've been through a lot of security checkpoints.I�really like this baseball team.� I like guys like Youk and Pedroia and Varitek.They are so business like.� That's all I want to see,�guys that give 100%.I liked it when Ellsbury was so pissed off that he'd just struck out.� I like that he cared.I like watching Youk - every pitch - the guy is so focused.like Terry O'Reilly back in the day - guys that just try so hard all the time.� that's so admirable.And a fan who sees that won't go home feeling ripped off no matter the outcome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

Tired shmired

I agree a bit with the OP. I recently moved to Asia and just needed a good sleep, a day or two to feel normal (and I'm 6'4 and don't travel first class). The Sox had what, a week or two to get settled in Japan, then at least a week in California??

And baseball isn't exactly the most taxing game... maybe in terms of mental concentration... but I agree- these guys get paid millions to work half the year... I think the whole 'Sox must be rusty/tired' slant is just that- a media angle (and an excuse for players).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtnridr. Show mtnridr's posts

Tired shmired

you may have just moved to asia, but you take the trip they just did and try to play ONE baseball game, let alone 11.� and no they didn't have a week or two in japan and a week in LA to get settled.� obviously you didn't pay attention to anything that was going on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

Tired shmired

How much time did they have in Japan?

And no, I couldn't play a professional baseball game after making the flight to Asia... I couldn't play it before getting on the plane either, or any time at all, because I'm not a professional baseball player.

My point was that it took me a long nap and at the most two days to feel completely normal and able to do what I do naturally/professionally, which in the players' case is play baseball. My focus and concentration and the quality of what I did was not affected after a day or two.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtnridr. Show mtnridr's posts

Tired shmired

they played their final ST game on 3/19 and then promptly left for Japan, they landed on the 20th played games the 21,23,25,26, left the 27th, played in LA 28, 29, 30, went to oakland, played 4/1,2 went to toronto, played 4,5,6.� now tell me that even highly trained, professional athletes can deal with that kind of exertion.� in a 19 day trip, they had 5 days they didn't play baseball, and those days were filled with lots of other crap they had to do i'm sure. and�thats the whole point, the body can only take so much... and to whoever brought up our troops.� all i have to say is why, do you think that because we are talking about baseball players that we aren't concerned for what is happening there.� i think that was ignorant of you to even suggest that...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

Tired shmired

Joe, I was saying that at least in my own experience jet lag is gotten over in a day or two. And yeah, I think 'jet lag' is one of several terms or complaints that is exaggerated by a pampered society that likes to complain.All I was saying is I really don't think a professional baseball player is on the mound saying 'boy, I sure am tired... not sure I'm going to spot this fastball- dammit, I did!' or a hitter can't get around on one because he's tired. Everyone lags at work sometimes- you sharpen up and get through it, even if it takes some coffee or a bit more will. Maybe subconsciously or psychologically it affects them... I don't know. I do think the media overdoes it a bit, though I realize baseball takes a hell of a lot of focus.��

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

Tired shmired

I completely agree with you,I am retired from the Navy and believe me they deserve a whole lot more money than they are getting.

These guys are the real heroes,not the athletes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Tired shmired

Posted by�Eddyd08�� ''� and for our dear yank fans..that are saying ooh look at then now whinning..well we did learn from you guys.(no wait I mean we learn from the complains you guys had once your team cameback from that opening series in Japan) also see Oakland is also 3-4

�you are missing the pointit was theo who taught us to say '' ooh look ''� '' bad apples ''�how do you like them apples now ;-)�

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Tired shmired

Posted by�EdCaf� '' I'm not sure if it bothers the players as much as it appears. It could just be tthat all of this complaining is being driven by the sportswriters who travel with the team. Perhaps it's the reporters who are most upset at having to travel and be away from their families? a good / interesting point EC��naaa I'm going� to stick with the bad apple theory ;-)�

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

Tired shmired

I believe Canada is counted as a country correct.
    Yes it most definately is a country........but how could the sox complain about playing out of thier country, The� Blue Jays play all of their road games out of thier country, I don't see you talking about that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

Tired shmired

I agree KeepManny.........the Japan trip is very tough, but going to Toronto is no big deal.....These people keep crying,........."Oh 3 countries we had to play in, we have it so tough"...........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac28. Show pinstripezac28's posts

Tired shmired

but your team will always be know as the bad apples..lol(�wrong again eddythem are rotten apples �enjoy your special day

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatbenny. Show phatbenny's posts

Tired shmired

SinceYaz,Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.�