1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

To KC? Why punish him?

Haha... I know, huh? But really, it comes down to taking the best offer, which this likely was. Coco will be somewhat happy because he'll start every day and be one of the stars of the team. (If the report is true)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

To KC? Why punish him?

The Kansas City outfield is now crowded with Coco Crisp, Jose Guillen, David DeJesus and Mark Teahan. I'm not sure where Crisp fits in, unless the Royals have another trade in the works.

The Royals probably wish they had one outfielder with Crisp's range and Guillen's arm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

To KC? Why punish him?

yeah, that's some punishment.
    he gets to play everyday and is being paid 5.5 million dollars.
    gimme some of that punishment, please. hell, i'm not even a masochist.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

To KC? Why punish him?

The ones who were being punished were the fans, not Crisp.

He made a decent pay as a part-time outfielder who has been a streaky hitter. Great defense , but just not enough offense to be an everyday player here.

A likeable guy and I wish him well in a low pressure environment where he can go into one of his lengthy slumps and it won't be front page news.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

To KC? Why punish him?

It would stink for Coco if he went from sharing time in Boston to sharing time in KC. I hope he gets to play out there. He did well in Boston under the circumstances. He never quit on his teammates, that's for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

To KC? Why punish him?

As in Bronson Arroyo to Cincinnati for $25M/3 years? I'd SUE! :->

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

To KC? Why punish him?

Coco is going to get a great ovation when he returns to Fenway for the first time as a Royal. He made a little noise at first when his playing time was reduced, but after that he shut up and did his job well. He became a true team player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BatmanJWO. Show BatmanJWO's posts

To KC? Why punish him?

[Quote]

That trade was more painful, because Arroyo had just signed a new deal with the Sox, and gave them a hometown discount. He was a starting pitcher in the '04 WS. No, he wasn't a superstar, but he loved Boston and this team, and it felt like a real betrayal by the FO when they traded him.

In retrospect, it was a poor baseball decision too. Wily Mo Pena was a waste of a bench spot here in Boston. Arroyo had an excellent first year in Cincinatti. At the very least, he could have given us some good games in '05, or he could have been included in a better trade deal for a better player. I mean c'mon! Wily Mo Pena? What did we need another overweight, one tool player for? And in the year that Papi broke the RS season long HR record.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20.[/Quote]

Yes, hindsight is 20/20 but they traded a good young arm in Arroyo to keep old, fat-bastard David Wells. Theo didn't have a good year that year. Mistake at short. Mistake in the rotation. He's improved since then.

Sections
Shortcuts