1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

TRADE BRADY???

[Quote][Quote]
    Brady isnt going any where, you dont trade a HOF QB in his prime to keep a very good back up QB... Iam not taking anything away from Cassel he has done a great job up till now but he is NO Tom Brady, not even in the same league! If you honestly think so then you need to put down the bottle and get some help! Iam sure there are AA meetings in your local area....
    [/Quote]

Well said. Bill Romanowski can say he dates hot chicks but just because he says it doesn't make it true.... the facts are these.... Cassel is a good backup, had 2 great weeks, PATS won't make the playoffs, Cassel will NOT be franchised and Brady will be back on top and next season all you dingdongs will act as if you never ever contemplated a Brady trade. Jesus just think about what you are saying ...trade Brady, there would be a riot by the actual fans at Gillette, season ticket sales would plummet, PATS without Brady would be like Indy without Jughead.....
    Just think of how rediculous that statement is... no matter, it WONT HAPPEN...EVER[/Quote]i never said its true.im just saying we will be hearing this from outlets for a while.ill be Livid if they trade brady.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsox3. Show patsox3's posts

TRADE BRADY???

[Quote]
    Case open nipple head...Brady is past his prime, has a bad knee and nothing but high class women on his mind. Ship him out to la..la..land and get what you can for the future. Brady is the PAST!!!!!!!!![/Quote]

What?? What is wrong with you??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Its a question to ponder. Me thinks Mr. Cassel adds an element with his ability to run and now that he's learning to go thru his progressions, he's getting sacked less and throwing on time more. But, he still has that ability to run. Brady does not, however, well Brady is Brady. He probably possesses the best ability to go thru progressions and well his pocket presence is legendary.

The things I wonder about are: Last years SB and his inability to execute. Was that his ankle? Or was it merely the Giants? Cassell has yet to see the likes of a defense like that yet. As BB always says "Let's not put him in Canton just yet". Also, $$$ will Cassell be cheaper....younger too. Hate to see Brady go, but it has to be discussed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

TRADE BRADY???

KrisPatsFan-1 8841055111968350861
    Comments: 12

11/25/2008 5:41:41 PM
    The Pats will franchise Cassel and trade him for a first round draft pick and two third round picks. Then, the $14 million won't hit the Pats salary cap.

If you think we could get a 1st and two 3rds for our backup QB I wish you were an NFL GM. Remember, we gave a 4th only for Randy Moss. From what I have read we would lose him to FA and get a 3rd round pick as compensation only.

JAR59-2 530799
    Comments: 96

11/26/2008 5:53:03 AM
    Brady for Mc Nabb, straight up. And the Eagles will throw in Andy Reid as well, just to get him out of town.

You sir are COMPLETELY out of your freakin mind!! You want the BEST QB in the NFL for that soup selling caveman that poses as a QB? Fergetaboutit!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jendog35holla. Show jendog35holla's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Anyone know what name brand of visor beanie TB is wearing at the Turkey day function?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Wouldn't the SD Chargers have been better off trading LT during this past off season for a slew of draft choices, and re-signing RB Michael Turner?

Aren't the Patriots in a similar position now with Brady and Matt Cassel? Food for thought: http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/11/27/should-chargers-have-traded-tomlinson/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from STAUGGY. Show STAUGGY's posts

TRADE BRADY???

NOW I CAN SEE WHY BOSTON TRADED RUTH,LET ORR GO,AND NEARLY FORCED RUSSEL OUT OF TOWN.
    BRADY IN N.Y. DALLAS, S.F. WOULD BE A "GOD"LIKE MONTANA BUT HERE HE IS IN N.E AND THE LACK OF LOYALITY BUG IS REARING IT'S UGLY HEAD.
    A BRADY TRADE WOULD BE LIKE TRADING THE POPE FOR REV. WRIGHT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Trading Brady is not worthy of any serious discussion, at least for serious Pats fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Love the idea.

No one liked the idea of Bledsoe being benched, of Bledsoe being traded.

Brady is worth MEGA Picks right now... and the Defense is in need of MAJOR overhaul.

They are starting to average giving up over 25 points a game... NEVER going to see another SB with a Defense doing that.

Bruschi needs to be replaced, Harrison needs to be replaced, immediately with top players in next years draft... they also need a new Tackle and TE that can block or it doesn't matter if they keep Brady, he will be no where near mobile enough next year to survive the season healthy.

Jake Long, Matt Ryan, Jerod Mayo ... you only get great rookies with top draft picks.

LaRon Landry, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas... Patrick Willis... not getting players like those in the bottom half of round one.

I really do think a top 10 pick that landed them Rey Maualuga and their own 1st round pick to grab William Moore is what is needed just for them to keep the Defense where it was at the beggining of this season before the injuries... they need STARTERS not projects or potential (risks) like Meriweather who is still working his way into being a decent player in his 2nd season (where as Mayo came right in and played like a legit 1st round pick).

If you want a winning football team... tough decisions have to be made. Trade Brady, get the draft picks needed to revamp the team... sign Cassel, and ride him into the future (along with O'Connel).

Hanging onto Brady is like hanging onto the past... can't find success in the future when hanging on to yesterday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Can someone take this thread out back behind the shed and shoot it in the back of the head? It is beyond stupid and an insult to those of us who are true football fans and have a real knowledge of the history of the game.

The fact is we will never have another run like we are having right now. It's a fact of football history, every now and then, a team goes on a dynasty run, the Steelers, 49'ers, Cowboys, etc. If you have any knowledge of history, you know those dynasties don't repeat.

It is a simple fact of history.

It is beyond comprehension that the Patriots would even think about screwing around with the man who put Foxboro on the map.

We'll win one or two more superbowls, then our run is done.

If we preemptively replace Brady, history is against us.. In the history of the NFL, only one replacement quarterback (Young) won the SB, and he only won one before fading.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

TRADE BRADY???

As far as I'm concerned, Tom Brady is our QB. But I don't think Belichick and Pioli will pay any attention to history, as so well-presented in the previous post. They'll be thinking unsentimental money and draft choices and a poor defense. Of course, their thinking would be affected by what Cassel does for the rest of the season.
    Go Matt! Go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

TRADE BRADY???

This is insane. Matt C has had a few good games. It's way too early to conclude this guy is an upper echelon NFL QB. It wouldn't surprise me to see two or more straight stink bomb games from him; he's overdue. He continues to have trouble with the deep ball. We have no idea how he will perform in the playoffs, if the Pats even get there. Let's not get carried away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Excellent thought. I've been saying the same thing...

Pay no attention to the 'NO TRADE, CASE CLOSED!!" people. If the Wright brothers listened to these types, they never would have invented the airplane.

We may have a unique opportunity here. Cassel is getting an extended try out, in actual game conditions, for cheap, cheap money. Brady still has huge value, even with the risk of his never coming all the way back from his knee.

Assuming cassel completes the season with an A+ grade, TRADE brady while he still has high value and let someone else assume the risk of his knee problem. We could still get a Herschel-like deal, ( 5 players, 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks for three years, + more) and restock for the next 10 years.

Can you imagine what BB and SP could do with those picks? Next year alone, including ours, we'd have two first rounders, two thirds and three seconds!! Hello stud CB, ILB, RB and OLinemen!!

We'd be INSANE to not consider offers like these, especially given that TB may have lost his fire in the belly!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

TRADE BRADY???

[Quote]
    Thinking with your heart again?
    Of course its worth serious discussion, serious Patriots fans want what is best for the team. Anytime you create off the table subjects you box yourself in to a corner. I LOVE brady but, I will always listen to options with my brain.[/Quote]

Tom Brady- Took a 5-11 patriots team to 4 superbowls and won 3. Set NFL records for winning and broke the single season TD record last season.
    Matt Cassel- 7 wins and playing great.
    I'm using my brain, how about you use yours.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

TRADE BRADY???

This is a good discussion. It's always good to talk about what ifs and get different opinions. However, before you trade a 31 yr old QB with 3 SB wins, 50 TD passes in a season, the greatest season a QB has ever had, at least two more years with Moss to go, and let's not forget exactly what his injury ISN"T. It isn't anything to do with his throwing motion. Not an elbow, or a shoulder. MAYBE---we should wait and see how this season turns out?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

TRADE BRADY???

[Quote]
    NOW I CAN SEE WHY BOSTON TRADED RUTH,LET ORR GO,AND NEARLY FORCED RUSSEL OUT OF TOWN.
    BRADY IN N.Y. DALLAS, S.F. WOULD BE A "GOD"LIKE MONTANA BUT HERE HE IS IN N.E AND THE LACK OF LOYALITY BUG IS REARING IT'S UGLY HEAD.
    A BRADY TRADE WOULD BE LIKE TRADING THE POPE FOR REV. WRIGHT.
    [/Quote]

Uhhh, yeah, I see how trading brady would be exactly like those deals, except for them all being in entirely different sports, with no salary caps, occurring hundreds of years ago, involving different owners in a different league with different commissioners and different player's unions.

Other than that, they're exactly the same!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

TRADE BRADY???

[Quote]
    Thinking with your heart again?
    Of course its worth serious discussion, serious Patriots fans want what is best for the team. Anytime you create off the table subjects you box yourself in to a corner. I LOVE brady but, I will always listen to options with my brain.[/Quote]

That's why FANS do not coach, have GM positions, or make any decisions for the team. It's all heart, "feelings" and whatever is hot at the time. We are fortunate to have Cassel doing so well as the back up QB we all thought and hoped he'd be. Now, we talk of trading Brady!! Outrageous!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

TRADE BRADY???

KEEP TOM.
    Franchise Matt , Trade him and build the D. Backfield and D line. There is just not enough consistent Pass Rush pressure to change the games when Necessary.

go Pats

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

TRADE BRADY???

I find it really funny how people are so outraged by the suggestion that trading Brady might make sense over the long term. People must have some serious long-term memory issues...Drew Bledsoe. It's the same thing, essentially. I know, I know...Bledsoe can't be put in the same league as Brady, right? Well, honestly, we will never know. Let's remember that Brady has had the benefit of some things that Bledsoe never had. That would be one head coach (Bledsoe had 4, I think) and only 2 different offensive coordinators (Bledsoe had a different one each year, basically). Let's also remember that, at the time, Bledsoe was the one who had brought some real respectability to the Patriots for the first time. Matt C is nothing like Brady...can't throw the long ball, right? That is exactly what was said about Brady in comparison to Bledsoe. Brady was horrible with anything over 15 or 20 yards in his first couple of seasons. His early success was always the result of dink and dunk and YAC. BB has demonstrated one thing very clearly this season. As much as some people like to believe that Brady is in a class by himself...I hate to break the news to you, but his success and the team's success has much more to do with BB's system. I do agree it's too soon to say a trade of Brady would make sense, but there is no way anyone can say that, by the end of the season, it wouldn't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

TRADE BRADY???

SurfinSox, no, actually, I have not seen any "idiot fans" here. I'm sorry if my having a different opinion than yours is so upsetting. My point, is simply that the current situation is, in so many respects, the same as it was when Bledsoe was injured. Even your reaction...it's very similar to what was being said at the time when thoughts of trading Bledsoe and keeping Brady were brought up. Maybe you weren't following the team at that time?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

TRADE BRADY???

The difference between the talk then and the talk now is that Bledsoe was not a HoF QB with three SB rings.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

TRADE BRADY???

True...but we did know what we had with respect to Bledsoe. At that point, he was the closest thing to a Super Bowl winning QB we ever had. Brady was the big unknown, and not all that impressive. Anyway, as I said, I believe that what we are seeing this season, is a demonstration that our team's successes over the past many years, has much more to do with the system than it does any one particular player. Depending upon what happens leading up to the playoffs, and (hopefully) beyond, we might be in position to fortify segments of our team (ie defense) without significant cost at another position (quarterback). Even with his injury, you know that Brady would draw an awful lot of interest. But, that's all speculation at this point. A couple of games from now and it might be a total non-issue.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

TRADE BRADY???

[Quote]True...but we did know what we had with respect to Bledsoe. At that point, he was the closest thing to a Super Bowl winning QB we ever had. Brady was the big unknown, and not all that impressive. Anyway, as I said, I believe that what we are seeing this season, is a demonstration that our team's successes over the past many years, has much more to do with the system than it does any one particular player. Depending upon what happens leading up to the playoffs, and (hopefully) beyond, we might be in position to fortify segments of our team (ie defense) without significant cost at another position (quarterback). Even with his injury, you know that Brady would draw an awful lot of interest. But, that's all speculation at this point. A couple of games from now and it might be a total non-issue.[/Quote]

Brady was plenty impressive in 2001. He won a Super Bowl with Troy Brown, David Patten and Fred Coleman as his wide receivers. Brady's only tight end target was Jerome Wiggins. Throughout his rookie year, Brady displayed a pocket presence that Bledsoe never had. Brady never made the killer mistake, which Bledsoe was always prone to. Beyond that, Brady was clutch throughout 2001.

We now see why Belichick kept Cassel as his backup QB, but it's way premature to say that Cassel is the next franchise QB. This discussion is absolutely crazy. I'll bet my next year's salary that this topic is not even remotely under consideration by the Pats front office.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

TRADE BRADY???

cyncalpatfan...

There are a lot of posters to this string who find it outrageous to even broach the subject of trading Brady as you have read. HE just came off one of the greatest seasons a QB could ever have and he is in the prime of his career. If Brady was a QB who also did a lot of running, ala Vick, or suffered this injury as a RB, we could have concerns for his ability to return at full speed. But, he is a pocket passer who isn't exactly the most knimble in the scrambling skills. He exhibits great pocket presence and, unlike a running back, we are not expecting him to carry the ball upfield and jig back and forth to avoid tackles. Brady's legs need to keep him roaming the pocket and get the ball to the folks who are paid to jig back and forth and gain YACs.

As it stands now, the best "bait" the Pats may have is Cassel, not necessarily Brady. Many think O'Connel can be a good back up to Brady. Let Brady come back and see how he does. So, if the Pats braintrust is salivating at anything, it may be the prospect of getting some quality D support from Cassel's trade opportunity because the thought of trady Brady is so far off the radar, Pluto makes a bigger blip!! Besides, there are a number of QBs who have had the type of injury TB has suffered and came back quite well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

TRADE BRADY???

AGC...
    All good points. If I was a betting man, I would be willing to wager that trading Cassel is probably the way the organization will go. That said, I don't believe BB would limit himself with regard to any possible trade scenarios. I think he has demonstrated that he has no allegiance to any player in any position. His goal is to keep this team winning. I don't doubt that if he believed that Cassel could consistently do what he has demonstrated, so far, and he found an offer that provided enough, he would trade his own mother. Let's face it...that's what makes him the coach that so many of us love to hate. He is entirely business and probably the best at what he does.

Sections
Shortcuts