1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

TRADE BRADY???

The whole issue revolves around our resident lady killers commitment to the Pats, short-term versus long-term. I can't see the One hanging around Foxboro for too many more years, especially with Giselle whispering alternatives in his ear. I'd build the future around Matty and O'Connel and shop GQ around the league for some serious picks. Life moves on and we ought to get some cha-ching for ol' gimpy while there is still a market for his legend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Surfin...Truth is, Bledsoe never did any of the things that Brady did. Yes, he did get us into one SB, actually two, if you count Brady's first SB. Remember, Bledsoe did come off the bench and delivered the touchdown we needed to win. But that's not the point. I'm saying that the circumstances are remarkably similar. Cassel's performance, to this point, is no less impressive than what Brady did when Bledsoe went down. The fact is that this team is lacking in some important positions, primarily on defense. If you can find a way to fix that weakness with little, if any, loss at another position, such as quarterback, then, yes, you do make the trade. I would imagine that is how BB sees it. Again, if you look at how he conducts business...he shows no allegiance to anyone. Do I think that this is truly likely to happen? As of now, no. However, if Cassel gets into the playoffs with this team and is successful, then all bets are off. Anything would be possible at that point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Well, I can't say what the front office is or isn't considering. Most likely they will not address anything like this until after the season. Cassel's numbers do indeed compare to Tom's through 10 starts. Comparing Brady now to what Bledsoe was in 01 is useless. Brady wins hands down. Cassel still has yet to take the team on a stretch run (after the loss to the Rams the 01 Patriots ran off 9 in a row to win it all). I'm hoping they tag Cassel and get something in trade, while keeping him out of the AFC. But we all know how the talking heads do things. Today on the NFLN pregame show they are going to discuss the "trade Brady" topic. And of course, that gets us here all putting in our two cents worth (some like to put in a few bucks worth)! While it would seem sacreligious to trade someone like Brady, these things have happened. I'm hoping to see #12 in 09 tossing TDs to Moss, and hopefully another Lombardi, regardless of what happens this season. But as long as Cassel continues to do well these discussions are only going to get more intense. I do think it's way too early to be speculating on it myself. But Marshall Faulk will surely come up with some ridiculous reason why trading Tom would be their "smartest" choice! It should be pretty funny, I need a good laugh. Speaking of good laughs, how about Plax? Guy tries to be a "thug" and shoots himself! Poetic justice, maybe. Let us all hope Cassel adds more fuel to the debate by throwing another 3 TDs to Moss today in a rout of the Steelers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

TRADE BRADY???

While I don't believe the Pats will trade Brady, I'm still chuckling over the image of Bellichick trading his own mother.

"How about a fourth-rounder and a bag of footballs for mom?"

Hilarious.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

TRADE BRADY???

ncfinfan..... talk about dreaming, but, I can understand the sentiment from a division rival. Miami brass and Pats brass, (until Miami got Parcells ) are two different groups. Hence, why the Pats are where they are and the Fins are rebuilding.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

TRADE BRADY???

I say trade who ever posted this comment Brady is the BEST Q.B in the league Cassel is Just getting his into his Groove it took most of the season for him to do that.
    last week was his First week actually throwing the long ball
    Brady will be fine next yr He is still young, so he will bounce back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

TRADE BRADY???

I think Cassel's play today should end this discussion thread!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

TRADE BRADY???

and kids, this is your brain on Drugs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

TRADE BRADY???

Moss dropped balls that hit him in the hands.

Watson dropped balls that hit him inthe hands.

Light let the DE by time and again to cream Cassel.

The smurfs they have at CB couldn't stop anyone.

But lets blame Cassel... everyone knows if Brady were playing, that would have made all the difference. None of that stuff has ever happened when Brady played.

So... we get Brady next year, and all the problems in the Secondary go away, and Bruschi regains his 2004 form, and Watson becomes a top notch blocker, and Light and Kaczur never get beat by a DE again.... pheeeeew good to know!!! For a moment there I thought this team was really starting to look like crud.

Sections
Shortcuts