1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

I would never trade him for Jones.

I would trade him for Hall, but it would take more than that.

I would trade him for Sheppard but I don't think the Eagles would want an unproven WR.

I think it is most likely we stand Pat wth Jackson.

Remember, he came out very young. He is as old as the senior WR crop is this year. Give him some more time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

Trades for other players a re quite a rarity in the NFL today. Jacksons not worth trading because he has no value. If we got Welker with a 2nd and Moss with a 4th, what does that make Jackson worth? A 6th? Maybe?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

Nice post, thanks for the constructive comments.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from christiansenna. Show christiansenna's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

When the Pats drafted Jackson a couple of years ago, Denver was very interested

in drafting him. This was why the Pats made the trade with Green Bay to acquire

Jackson before Denver did. Denver might trade a draft pick for Jackson.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parisdice. Show parisdice's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

Why would you trade Chad Jackson after non-other than Randy Moss himself thinks that this guy is going to be a top performer....He has now had 1 year to watch Randy and Wes work out and see the results of thier hard work.....remember he will not be the 1st(randy) 2nd(Wes) or even 3rd(Watson) option so we are looking at a 4th option reciever maybe even 5th when you factor in the RB or HB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

Your comments are kind of comical....

First off, today there is no market for Jackson at all. They guy needs to show he can stay on the field.

Second, if the Pats were to pay Sheperd, Hall...wouldn't they give that money to Asante?

Falcons(Hall) do not have the cap to sign the #3 n #7...similiar with Eagles (Sheperd)

Take a look at Moss cap years 2 n 3...don't think he will be here all 3 years...need to develop a your WR..Could be Jackson. Who would you rather have? Jackson or one of the guys coming out this year? Clearly Jackson..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

They wont trade CJackson. He gets this year to bust out or he's out. Thats my humble opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikem235. Show mikem235's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

Trading Jacskon makes sense from one perspective, but not from another.

First, it makes sense because the Pats don't need him. He's not going to get a lot of chances in the New England offense. He's behind Moss and Gaffney on the outside and plus Welker is in the slot (where Jackson really isn't suited anyway.) Faulk and Watson are also going to get their balls. So unless there is a major injury, Jackson is going to see very little playing time outside of the pre-season.

But it doesn't make much sense to trade him for a couple of reasons. First, he's not worth much in trade right now. He's got potential, but he hasn't displayed it at a pro level, and nobody is going to shell out top draft choices for him. Realistically you could maybe get a 4th rounder for him.

Second, he might be good enough to help another team that doesn't have the quality receivers that the Patriots have. And why make another team better?

So I think the answer is keep Jackson, use him for injury insurance. Get him some time late in games when it's a blowout. Show him off in the pre-season. Maybe next year he'll be worth more in trade.

He's not going to catch 50 balls, as someone suggested. That's ridiculous. Because after Moss and Welker each get their 100, and Gaffney, Faulk, and Watson get theirs, there aren't 50 left. If Jackson was better than Gaffney, they wouldn't have resigned Gaffney for 2 million dollars. And fourth receivers don't get 50 catches, not even on the Patriots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

What are you going to get for the guy at this point based on his career so far? A bag of used kicking balls? Believe me, he's not on my "must-watch" list as I consider him a bust at this time. Give him another year and if he doesn't GET-IT, then move on without question.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

rdsx549, reference to 19217.1. C Jackson has little trade value if any at this point. Personally I think both Pacman and Hall are trouble. Both are conducive to poor behavior and I fear locker room negativiism.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

While Welker did alot of his work in the slot, he was on the field in most of the 2 wide sets with Moss. When they went to these packages, stallworth and gaffney were on the sidelines, Welker was on the field. He is without a doubt the #2 receiver on this team and there is no chance that he drops from that spot after catching 112 passes last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

Donte Stallworth had 46 receptions last year, and spent a good portion of the year as the #4 receiver. Yes he started the season ahead of Gaffney, but the two of them combined for 82 catches last year, theres no reason Gaffney and Jackson can't combine for that amount or slightly more this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

theres no reason Gaffney and Jackson can't combine for that amount or slightly more this year.

The main reason will be that Jackson isn't able to get on the damn field. Starting with a full training camp will be very helpful.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

I agree, that obviously he has to stay on the field to accomplish those stats. Someone said that there are not enough balls for him though, and thats just not true with the way the Pats throw the ball. This is not in response to you but it boggles my mind that some fans still don't understand that Welker is clearly the #2 receiver on the team. Just because he lines up closer to the quarterback when there are 3 receivers on the field doesn't mean he's the #3 receiver. Look at the # of plays on the field last year. Moss leads by far, then Welker, then Gaffney/Stallworth are a distant third. Also, in 2 receiver sets, Welker stays on the field. 112 receptions and he's behind a guy with 36 and a guy with 0? Give me a break.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from philipbalikian. Show philipbalikian's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

Once again pyegian has been eating too much dolma and mante!! Jackson will never make it - he has to go!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agw. Show agw's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

LOL!!!!� My sentiments exactly!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

While I do enjoy my Armenian cuisine, saying Jackson will never make it when he is 22 years old and very talented but has been hampered by injuries is a little bit ridiculous. Give him a chance to get on the field. He has more talent than anyone who would come in to replace him. Maybe you should eat some more mante! Which, by the way, happens to be my favorite food. Too bad there is no place in Boston that makes high quality mante.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from philipbalikian. Show philipbalikian's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

mante - shmante !! I personally like that stuffed football kefte ####. Jackson better show what he has this year or else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

If you ever make it to LA, go to Carousel in Glendale, CA, their kufte is god's gift to middle eastern food lovers. If Chad Jackson ate some, he would be guaranteed to live up to his immense talent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikem235. Show mikem235's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

No matter whether you love him or hate him, you have to agree that there are a lot of "ifs" surrounding Jackson. IF he stays healthy, and IF he plays up to his potential, and IF he gets on the field, he could be good.

And the Pats should hold on to him -- because the Pats are in the great position where they can afford to gamble on greatness. They can take a risk with the IFs. Because if he doesn't work out, they still have receivers who can get it done. IF Jackson turns out to be a stud, then they play him. If he doesn't, they sit him and sign gaffney for another year. It's a no lose situation.

And regardless of what you think of the guy's potential, you couldn't get a 4th round pick for the guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

Trade Chad Jackson?

Chad jackson has had all kinds of chances to prove himself.he just cant stay healthy.in the pats system any receiver has a chance to shine.Look at reche caldwells stats two years ago.not to shabby for an average wr.chad jackson being the no.2 receiver possible,but I dont see it happening.jackson deserves another year to prove himself he has two strikes now.The pats need a serious LB,or DB by free agencie or trade.seward isnt the anwser.seau is a fill in.Lito,or De-angelo,or pac-man are the anwser.players are disgruntel on Loseing teams,but if they have an oppurtunity to play for a contender they are real hard working players. I beleive pac-man will take advantage of his second chance.plus it wont cost anyone to much to get him so there wouldnt be to much lost if something did happen.then Last resort Ty Law.he would be great if none of the above happens,but the pats cant afford to wait to long,but shouldnt pay to much eathier.takeo spikes,or ian gold,or trotter maybe bring back colven are the anwsers at LB.

Sections
Shortcuts