1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ldupesox. Show Ldupesox's posts

Trade with Mets

Tell me if this sounds solid?

Red Sox get: David Wright

Mets get: CLay Buccholtz, Daniel Bard, Lars Anderson and Mike Lowell

The Mets have a higher payroll than the Sox, so they could afford Lowell. They would also be getting A Top front-line starter prospect who no hit stuff in Clay. They would be getting a solid starter but more likely Joba Chamberlain like bullpen prospect in Daniel Bard. And Lord knows the Mets want to revamp that pen, even after their recent aquisitions. And Lastly, this would be tough to give up, but we could give them Lars Anderson. I figure if the Sox could sign Youk to an extension and have Wright at 3rd, they'd be set on the corners for awhile, then when big papi is done, just test the free agent waters for a DH. The Mets could get a solid 1st base prospect to replace Carlos Delgado in about 2 years when he is done. I think that would be an EXTREMELY LEGIT trade for both teams. Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckhndrsn. Show chuckhndrsn's posts

Trade with Mets

i think a bit too much for david wright. I think you'd have to switch bard with a lesser prospect because lars would need to be included for it to be considered. maybe if we got another prospect in the deal, i dont love the trade but i dont hate it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

Trade with Mets

The Mets have spent big money the last couple years and are in a "must win"mode or somebodys going to get fired. They choked the last two years. They dont want our prospects. The are "win now". They certainly arent going to trade their best player. No chance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Trade with Mets

David Wright isn't going anywhere. Such an idea of trading for him falls in the realm of pure out in space fantasy. Try again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Trade with Mets

1-We wouldn't make the trade because it is too much to give up.

2-The NYM wouldn't make the trade because they just opened a new stadium, and rebuilding is not the message the fans want to hear.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRSF4E. Show BRSF4E's posts

Trade with Mets

What? Are you crazy? Lars? Daniel Bard? Wow, It's too much for David Wright Lars, Bard and Clay are the future of the Red Sox and good size. Lars especially that everybody talks about it. Keeping Lars and Bard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tooky-Fisher. Show Tooky-Fisher's posts

Trade with Mets

I can't stand the Mets - but they would never do that deal !!!

Clay Bucholtz - you have to be kidding.
    Daniel Bard - IDK
    Lars Anderson - only one organization loves this guy; the one from BST. Mike Lowell - great guy; but possibly the 'oldest' 35 year old infieler on the planet

....for David Wright ??? nfw.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tooky-Fisher. Show Tooky-Fisher's posts

Trade with Mets

....and 'yes' baseball fans - another moronic post by :

CPjon-gosox-2

We just cant keep up with your wit & that MIT degree !!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from youngdavid74. Show youngdavid74's posts

Trade with Mets

Not only No! But Hell No!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Trade with Mets

You might tempt the Mets with that offer, and you might even get a low level pitching prospect along with Wright. But if that is what it would take to get Wright, why do it? Wright is not a game changing player, as good as he is. But NY fans of the Mets love this guy, so he is the face of the METS franchise. In Boston he would be good, but not a season ticket seller (ie, face of the franchise), and his presence in the lineup would not guarantee a pennant, as I said, so don't give up that much of the future for David Wright. That's the way I see it. And hopefully that is how Theo sees it. And, sadly, the Mets probably cannot and would not see that as a good trade either--which is why they are what they are!

Sections
Shortcuts