1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Trade Youk?

Are you crazy?? Who will play 3rd if Lowell isnt ready by mid season????? Think about that!! Plus he is one of the better bat than Lowre and Lugo!!! And maybe Lowell too!!
    Youk will never be traded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ufcchamp. Show ufcchamp's posts

Trade Youk?

I was ready to smash you based on the title, but after actually reading it (imagine that) I have to say that you echoed my thoughts exactly. When healthy the offense is fine/great already....people are looking at last year and not factoring in the injuries enough. Take that Teixeira(luxury) money, and sign Youk, Pap, Pedroia AND Lester to 5 yr deals...or maybe Pap (@ 4yrs) and Youk this year... Pedroia and Lester next year so that they're not all FAs at once. I'd be open to a move at SS, C, and maybe a long term solution in LF, but anything else is busy work to me.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ufcchamp. Show ufcchamp's posts

Trade Youk?

Are you crazy?? Who will play 3rd if Lowell isnt ready by mid season?????

If you actually read past the headline he's advocating not getting Teixeira, and committing the $$$ internally. Not like you had 20 responses that you had to wade through....at least read the initial post...geeeeeezzzzz!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Trade Youk?

And don't forget Beckett. If he comes back and pitches like he did in 2007, we will be needing to extend him for a lot more than he is getting now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Trade Youk?

Never happen, Youk is one of the toughest outs and competitors in baseball. He has a great glove and will continue to put up big numbers for us.

You don't trade guys in their prime that bring that to your team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

Trade Youk?

HELL................NO!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Trade Youk?

Absolutely not.

This thread popped up last summer. Take a good look at both Youk and Tex's numbers...honestly, they are nearly identical in every single category save for one: Youk is a far more versatile defender than Tex. His glove work at both 1st and third is nearly gold-worthy. Tex's wasn't at third, though his glove was good at first.

If the trade came down to giving up Youk to get Tex, no freaking way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ufcchamp. Show ufcchamp's posts

Trade Youk?

you jason are an idiot

How is he an idiot when he presents both sides of the argument?

manny - 20
    Schill - 8
    Timlin - 3
    Tek - 10 (for now)
    Crisp - 6 (round up)
    Cora - 2

That's only about $49M...
    Where is the rest of the money coming off the books to equal $86M? Not being smart, just curious...I hope it's that much, because I know the yankers have a similar number.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnoaton. Show bnoaton's posts

Trade Youk?

Well not to butt in but thier payroll was reported to be 134mill last year
    -----
    86 This is what he means I think

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Trade Youk?

Will all do respect, trading Youk is probably the dumbest idea I have ever seen posted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Trade Youk?

[Quote]Will all do respect, trading Youk is probably the dumbest idea I have ever seen posted.

[/Quote]

You must be new around here.

It usually pops up every season around August or so.

And if the 2009 Youkilis hits like the 2006 or 2007 Youkilis and not the 2008 Youkilis, it will come up again. Probably from the very people remarking about how stupid the idea is, and clearly doing so without even reading the posts...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Trade Youk?

[Quote]Well not to butt in but thier payroll was reported to be 134mill last year
    -----
    86 This is what he means I think[/Quote]

Check your math again.

134-46 = 88

Not 86

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkcch24. Show hawkcch24's posts

Trade Youk?

I understand the thought process here, but one thing to consider is if we trade Youk and get Tex,in a yr or two we have no 3rd baseman and we will be back to square one. By then we don`t who will be available and may end up paying more than we would have for Youk and not get what he brings to the table. I do think they will get Tex and thats more than fine with me and if so everything will really depend on the Phills because they wanted Mikey last season and will get him for less than they were going to sign him for, Youk will eventually get Lowell type money and if we have to spend in upper 30 mil range for a Tex,Youk combo at the corners for the next 6 yrs, thats something I could live with. As far as Paps we all know with his ego he will want to be the highest paid closer in baseball and as much as I hate to say it, he will not be giving a hometeam discount and will end up with the highest eventually.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Trade Youk?

Yes, you have to trade quality to get quality back. Or you can just keep your own quality. How much more of a quality do you want than a versatile player, 3rd in MVP voting, for less than
    6 mill a year? Plus plays with 100% heart and intensity.

Lowell is a better fielder at 3rd than Youk, but he is not a better fielder.

Lowell is a few years older. Is he going to be completely healthy?

The Sox wouldn't have to "bleed" a team, they would have to hit the aorta to trade Youk. But, you can say that with any player on the team then, that they would trade them if they got an unbelievable amount in return.

True, Lowell won't bring back as much as Youk would. But, that is not much of a concern with the Sox. The difference in quality of what they would get in return beteween them, they can easily go out and get it elsewhere.

*** I am not saying that I even want to trade Lowell. I am one that says I am not even sure it is wise to go out and get Tex to begin with. I see good and bad with both scenarios. But, if we do end up signing him, Lowell defintely has to go before Youk. Unless and aorta is struck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Trade Youk?

Understood, and as I said, I can defintely see the good points about not signing Tex at all. I am not all for signing Tex, but do see good points in it as well. Leaning just a tad bit toward not signing him. But, can accept either way.

BUT, IF we do sign him, which seems to be the more popular vote among fans, then we defintely trade Lowell over Youk. Or maybe Papi.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

Trade Youk?

I don't see why Youk couldn't play as well if not better than most of the SSs we have had in the last few years,, great glove and quickness made him gold glove quality at both first and third.. you would have a hard time telling me he couldn't play SS where Cal Ripkin and Jeter both awsome bats did it for years... then look at your lineup,, Tex, Destroya, Youk and Lowell all gold glovers ALL could be hitting above three hundred with 115 homers between them.. one hell of an infield... then you have Bey, Ellsberry and JD in the field,, who cares who catches then

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Trade Youk?

If Youk continues to play well the Sox will sign him regardless of whether Teixeira joins the team. They could easily become the two most productive corners in baseball. I could picture us moving Lowell in a trade to fill another need if Tex comes aboard.

The big question is what we do with Lars Anderson
    ?
    I can see Lars being ready for the majors in 2010 if he continues to improve. Do we trade Lars, groom him for another position or simply DH him and trade Papi? I really don't see Teixeira being our DH at 29/30 years old but that's another possibility with Lars taking over at 1B.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Trade Youk?

Jason your not giving Mike much respect. Mike (if healthy) is one of the top five 3B in baseball. This, together with his offensive production and personality in the dugout makes him an attraction to many teams. Mike's contract is also reasonable for many teams. Tex may or may not be more than Youk when Kevin's contract finally comes into question. We should look at it as getting another Youk on the team and let management worry about our finances.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Trade Youk?

[Quote]Good point PSF on the Lars situation.[/Quote]

Thanks havidyawd,

I would rather have Youk and Tex at the corners and let our management work out the contracts. With Tex we get younger with a much better bat so it's a no brainer.

Lars Anderson will be the tough decision, who cares where we get the money to pay for both Tex and Youk?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

Trade Youk?

[Quote]Jason your not giving Mike much respect. Mike (if healthy) is one of the top five 3B in baseball. This, together with his offensive production and personality in the dugout makes him an attraction to many teams. Mike's contract is also reasonable for many teams. Tex may or may not be more than Youk when Kevin's contract finally comes into question. We should look at it as getting another Youk on the team and let management worry about our finances.
    [/Quote]

Mike's CAREER OPS is .810, which would place somewhere around 10th among 3B last season. That's ignoring the fact that he's old and coming off an injury and a surgery. That's also ignoring the fact that he makes some serious $ for his production level.

All in all it makes complete sense for the Sox to trade him if they can and invest in another direction. The team also has Lars on the horizon if Youk's future contract talks don't work out so there's yet another reason to thin the herd. Also, it appears the team will NEVER play Ortiz at 1B which means the DH spot is permanently filled... yet ANOTHER reason to get rid of Mike Lowell when they can.