1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

No player has ever given his heart to an organization like TB. An outstanding player, teamate, and member of the community, Troy Brown set the standard for professional athletes, and especially wide recievers of the NFL. I will be proud to tell stories to my kids of his outstanding gamemanship, integrity, and the enourmous amount of heart he showed every week on the field. There would be no rings in New England without him.

Thank you for every play Troy, we'll check for your spot in the Hall!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EKL. Show EKL's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Hopefully, you will stay in the community - we love seeing you around, on or off the field. Thanks for being such a great player and role model.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shananies. Show shananies's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy Brown is definately one of the ALL time great Patriot players. He was the greatest all-around player of this generation. I hope to see the new Patriots Hall will pay great tribute to him.

Good Luck Troy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roxyanna. Show Roxyanna's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

What made Troy Brown special was that his high level of performance was matched by his high level of humility.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocky123. Show rocky123's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy Brown, Good Luck to U and God Bless. Great career Sir, Thank you!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firegerry. Show Firegerry's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

I have always admired Troy Brown for the way he carried himself on and off of the playing field. I had the good fortune of meeting him one night at Fenway Park a few years back. He is the consumate gentleman, a down to earth genuine nice guy. Let's hope the Krafts can keep him around here in some capacity. As a twenty-one year season ticket holder I say: "Troy, thanks for the many wonderful memories!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lurchman72. Show Lurchman72's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy,

All I can say is that it has been a pleasure watching you all these years. You are a consumate professional on and offf the field. I for one wish you were still wearing the red, white and blue. I am sure so don't most of your boys too. God Bless and I hope that you find happiness off the grid iron.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from therealcervantes. Show therealcervantes's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Back when the Patriots were awful, a laughing stock, there was exactly one bright spot, one guy who stayed above all the back biting and me firsting and juvenile behavior on and off the field. That guy shut up, did his job, and put the team first. That was Troy Brown. When the Patriots finally won their first Super Bowl, it was Troy Brown who deserved it the most, for everything he had done during the bad times.

The Patriots should do more than give him a day, they should retire his number. Even if he wasn't the greatest player ever, he was the greatest Patriot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian27b. Show Brian27b's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Thanks for all the great memories Troy, you are the consummate professional.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from birddog623. Show birddog623's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Thanks for the memories! You will always be remembered as a true Patriot who never changed uniforms for a few extra dollars. You were the heart and soul of this franchise for many years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1964. Show patriots1964's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy,You did everything right.We will miss you on sundays. Thanks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bidemytime. Show bidemytime's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

No chance that he'll make the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but one of the most durable and effective receivers we will ever see. IIRC, there was a three-year span where every single third-down catch he made converted into a first down. Name another receiver who's done *that*.

Thank you, Troy for your effort, your professionalism, and for all the memories.

- Scott

PS. I hope you kept the ball that you intercepted from old friend Drew Bledsoe!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmfarrand. Show jmfarrand's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Thank you ,Troy, for the devotion to the Patriots. As a life long fan, you contributed greatly to the success of the 3 Super Bowl Championship teams. It's been a joy to be able root for you. You are also a wonderful role model for student athletes and professional athletes. You epitomize class, devotion, work ethic and professionalism. You are and will always be a New England Patriot - the class of the NFL.

Good luck in all your future endeavors. Thanks for the memories!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bkv513. Show bkv513's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

This is Page One material - too bad the Globe decided to tuck it in the Sports pages. This man is a Classest of Class Acts.. he has demonstrated that on, and more importantly, OFF the field by the way he carries himself and treats his family. We will miss the likes of him.. if I was a sports writer and had a vote, Troy would be my first ballot vote into the HOF... no questions asked.
    It is not the numbers that count, it is the heart, and the way you play the game. We will really miss you Troy.

Ram Krishnan
    Nashua NH

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from medeirob. Show medeirob's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy,

You are the man, and will always be regarded as the consummate Patriot and professional. Very few people could do what you did, and so willingly - filling any spot, any role to help the team. I hope you are utilized within the organization to show these young men how to carry themselves, and what they should aspire to be. Retire this man's number - it is surely deserved.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wickedsmahtsoxfan. Show wickedsmahtsoxfan's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

We are very fortunate in New England to have two athletes who have stayed with their teams, taken on whatever role is given, swallowed hard when slighted and stayed classy throughout: Troy Brown and Tim Wakefield. Both have made multiple personal sacrifices for their team and both have played critical roles in Championship efforts.

Troy Brown-you are a legend in New England sports; thank you for being a dedicated athlete and a great human being. My son wears your jersey with pride. I can only hope he takes the example you have provided forward in his own life.

Great success and happiness in all you do moving forward.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inmate1. Show Inmate1's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy Brown... its nice to know there are still guys like him, the reason why I am a sports fan, one of the classiest guys in Boston Sports History. Why you continue to follow and write about Manny Ramirez is beyond me and embarrassing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trpeake2. Show trpeake2's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Congratulations to Troy one a stellar career. You made all Patriots Fans all across the nation proud. You proved critics wrong your entire career and were a role model for all who played or just enjoyed the game. Thanks for all of the great moments. You are deservedly among the Patriots Pantheon.

Cheers!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from john224. Show john224's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy - I loved your "BINGO! We got bingo" chant during the Super Bowl celebrations at City Hall! Enjoy your family time - the kids are only young once. You're a class act and you will be missed. Hopefully you'll stay around the New England area!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjgz4. Show jjgz4's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy thaanks for Super bowl 36. You mades some huge plays that year for the team... Your one of the best 3 recievers to put on a Pats jersey on ( Stanley Steamer ) and Moss.... Thanks Troy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from spider2510. Show spider2510's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy, thanks for the memories. You are my favorite Patriot. You are a great member of the community. Lastly, in a day where numbers are too often retired. Number 80 needs to be retired in Foxboro.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ladyamherst. Show ladyamherst's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy Brown did things the right way. But it begs the question why is not every player like this? I mean they are payed handsomely to play a game. So should they not do everything that is asked of them?
    As in, not complain, not showboat and be more than willing to play any position asked of them ...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

I freely admit that Troy Brown is better than me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tloco12. Show tloco12's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy Brown, The ultimate team player. Nobody exemplified the Patriots more than number 80. He made me proud to be a Patriots fan. He played any position that was needed of him. The year the dynasty begun, it was only fitting that he took the team on the field.He wore a smile on his face as constant as he wore the number 80, I became a fan of him before 2001, loved how he played hard non stop and never gave up on the play. TROY BROWN forever my favorite player

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegint. Show thegint's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Really miss you on the field, your what Pro is all about.

joe Dnbury, CT

Sections
Shortcuts