1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Taipei1980. Show Taipei1980's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

RETIRE

!~NOW~!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Imyourshoulder. Show Imyourshoulder's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy,
    You're play showed what being a Team Player was all about. Thank you for all of your efforts and hard work. We will miss you. Enjoy life. You're the Best!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lfoster24. Show lfoster24's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy -- Best Wishes to you and your family! It's been one thrill after another to watch you play. When you helped the Pats by being a d-back as well as a reciever, and when you re-stole the interception in San Diego, are 2 of my many memories.

We are also a "Brown" sur-named family and always had "#80 BROWN " on the backs of our kids 'football jerseys!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NM-Sox-fan. Show NM-Sox-fan's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

He should go straight into the Pats Hall of Fame!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete22. Show pete22's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

If I was a coach of any sport today and I had to pick one professional athlete for my kids to emulate it would be Troy Brown. He was never the fastest or even the quickest but he seemed to always get open. He was never the biggest or strongest but he would never back down to anyone or shy away from contact. His stats would not always be fantastical, but usually he would have made a play somewhere in the game that helped his team to win. He would do whatever was asked of him even if it meant sacrificing his own numbers. He was never the loudest or most talkative guy but the way he played and how he conducted himself on and off the field spoke loudly and volumes. I could go on and on, he had a nose for the ball, he was winner, he was a football player, displayed sportsmanship, and was a man's man. But, finally, and most importantly he was a quiet, humble, and thoroughly decent human being. It is a sad day, yes, but also a day to celebrate, that an athlete in todays age of selfishness and poor sportsmanship, played his whole career the right way and went out with diginity and class. Congratulations Troy Brown on a fantastic career and I wish you as much success in all your future endeavors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rrs18. Show rrs18's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Thanks for all those years of great play and loyalty. I especially remember the Miami game where you scored the winning touchdown in overtime. I was sitting in a sports bar in Las Vegas next to a Dolphins fan who just scooted out the door when you took it in.

What a game.

Thanks again.

Russ S

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tranquilrivers. Show tranquilrivers's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Dear Troy: You are what all patriots define as the true image that makes thsi team what is great. I do not know of a more classey, team first palyer that wore the Patriots uniform. I wish you Gods blessing for peace, happiness and success in whatever you do. Thank-You for all the wonderful years, you will be missed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nesportsfan6013. Show nesportsfan6013's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy Brown is one of the few sports stars that has class, professionalism, unselfishness, and showed what true sportsmanship should be in not only football but all sports! Thanks for all you have given us fans over many years! I will never forget your humor as well! Bingo! We got Bingo! Thanks so much!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jafajw. Show jafajw's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

I would like to thank Troy for so many memories. I wish you and your family the best. I still look for #80 when I watch the games even though I know you are not there....wish you were.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HIIMED. Show HIIMED's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy Brown, my all time favorite Patriot. I mean really, was there a better clutch receiver in the game the past 10 years? In addition to being clutch, he had the best hands in the league. I never remember a throw to him where I said, "he should have had that one." The blocked field goal against the Steelers in the AFC Championship game where Troy picked a difficult fumble and lateralled it to Antwain Harris remains my all time favorite play. Troy, I wish you were still playing. Good luck in the future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mamba. Show mamba's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Thanks to a true professional & valuable member of Patriots Nation - in our hearts 4ever!!!! I hope they find a front office job for him ASAP - a great ambassador for Patriots pride & ways of doing things.

Thank you Troy for the memories & best wishes in all your future endeavours.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bird3399. Show bird3399's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy, we hardly knew ya... no wait, we did know you, very well in fact. You didn't speak much, except for on the field, where your actions spoke volumes. You were the greatest professional we've ever seen in sports. In a time where free agency, late nights and greed really have taken over sports in general, you stayed true to us. So many catches, so many punt returns and so many (3) interceptions. Thanks for never leaving us, because honestly it wouldn't have been the same without you.
    I'd like to think that Tom Brady learned a lot about professionalism from you. The guy could demand all the money in the world and threaten to leave for another team, but maybe it's because how you stayed, you took less money, you wanted to be a New England Patriot forever; maybe that's why he's so classy. I can't wait to tell my kids about Troy Brown. 20 years from now when we're watching pro football on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and big tall receivers are making normal 14 yards catches just shy of the first down and then getting up and hooting and hollering about how awesome they are, I'll be able to tell stories and show them highlights of Troy Brown... the guy who always ran the right route, knowing just how far that marker was, and would make all the catches, and then get back to huddle, because you were just doing your job.

Thanks for scooping up that blocked kick in the AFC championship game and lateraling to Antwan Harris so he could finish off the play. Unselfishness defined you. Thanks for never giving up even though everyone doubted you. Thanks for helping us win 3 out of 4. Thank you Troy for always being a New England Patriot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aliens. Show aliens's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Although I am a girl and never played football, Troy was certainly an inspiration as a player and a captain. He was a quiet leader who led by example, and always displayed the utmost character on and off the field.

He wasn't a flashy player, but always got the job done. Patriots nation should recognize him for what he's done for our franchise.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

TROY BROWN- You are the BEST! A million thank-you's for the game you brought to Patriots football. You are the standard bearer for a team player. Wishing you great success in whatever you put your hand to next. You will always be a PATRIOT.
    Patriot Nation is forever grateful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from doughnutz99. Show doughnutz99's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Simply the BEST all-around athlete in Football..I will miss this guy .To me he was the best i ever seen .He use to do it all!!!I hope he stays with the Pats in some role....Troy you were the hardest worker i ever seen.To me, i am a widowed single father of a little 9 year old girl and i only wish i could inspire her (half as much as you inspired me)with the hard work and dedication that Troy displayed though out the yearsI wish you nothing but the best ,man...Good Luck!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxpa33. Show bosoxpa33's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Thank you Troy Brown. Truely one of the the classiest, hardest working Patriots of all time. You have every real fan's utmost respect. The anti- Manny.Good Luck in the future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikelaz. Show mikelaz's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy Brown = First Down
    Thanks #80. Absolutely could not have won those Championships without you!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfd11. Show jfd11's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Thank you Troy! We won the BINGO game the day you joined the team.

God Bless!

-jfd

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CraigFerraro. Show CraigFerraro's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy Brown is everything a football player should be. Aside from being a great wideout he was a working man's type of player. He overcame lack of height and skill coming into the league. He did whatever he could to help the team and to make the team. He developed into one of the most dangerous options on offense and in the kicking game. When called on he even played in the secondary, and after a few games became a fine db. So let's salute this long time Patriot as one of the greats in team history!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rwe. Show rwe's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Troy, you personified the word Professional. Thank you for the class you always exhibited on and off the field. We're rooting for you as you move on to the next phase of your life.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from flitpro. Show flitpro's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

I never owned an NFL jersey before in my life. Brown's career which included team first, hard-nosed playing and the attitude to do anything to help win forced my hand to buy his jersey. I haven't bought another one....probably wont.

Bob - NH

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bones. Show Bones's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

Thank you Troy for showing what the word "teammate" is really supposed to mean. You will go down as one of Boston's greatest atheletes ever and deservedly so! You're the best Troy!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brianAu. Show brianAu's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

I have a Patriot wall of fame in my home, and Troy Brown is already on it. He is what every football player who lacks the superstar talent should want to be.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeeMS. Show LeeMS's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

To Troy Brown, the best of everything that any fan could envision when thinking of the great Patriot's teams. A class act that would be almost impossible to follow, he was so much a part of the success that the team accomplished when he was a player and he will never be forgotten.

Thank you, Troy for what you gave us every time you put on that uniform.
    We wish you and your family the very best and I personally hope that you will stay on with the team in some capacity because you will always be a Patriot to us and we know that there must be many ways that you could contribute to their future.

Best regards,
    Lee Simmons

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

TROY BROWN SALUTE

A great player and an all around class act. Troy you will be missed.

Mike

Sections
Shortcuts