1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

Uh, Told Ya Theo Wasn't Going To Get It Done

law, what do you think the holdup is? is theo even going to make an offer to Teixeira? I'm concerned that the yankees are going to make a huge offer before the sox get a chance to, they have proven that they will spend the money, especially opening their new stadium.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dooby275. Show dooby275's posts

We diddnt need a pitcher and they are the only ones who have signed so far. What would you say if we ended up with Texeira and Furcal. Until everyone is signed hold off on your comments. Also, Manny was giving up on the Sox. He wouldnt have been playing or trying at all if he was still there so your point about the Sox needing some punch in the lineup is useless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

That would be great if we ended up with Teixeira and Furcal, the pitching here is very good, a couple of bats and we win the w.s.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kendib. Show kendib's posts

Relax!!! Theo will sign Tex and a bargain veteran pitcher like Smoltz or Sheets and probably dump Lugo on someone once he shows he is healthy in the Dominican League. He will also land some good prospects in the spring for Lowell. Theo is the man!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kendib. Show kendib's posts

Relax!!! Theo will sign Tex and a bargain veteran pitcher like Smoltz or Sheets and probably dump Lugo on someone once he shows he is healthy in the Dominican League. He will also land some good prospects in the spring for Lowell. Theo is the man!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

If Theo comes up empty on Texeira they are going to burn him at the stake in Boston. I find he is turning into a Dan Duquette always in the game but always coming up empty. The only reasson that Duquette signed Manny in 2000 was because he got embarrassed into it by missing out on Mussina by getting into the bidding late and underwhelming him. All Duqutte did was pick up other teams throwaways, Ramon Martinez, Kent Mercker, Rudy Pemberton, Dwayne Hossey. All cheap players at the time. Rmember all these guys. Theo has picked up Matt Clement, Bartolo Colon, Wade Miller. Anyone seeing a pattern here. If I am wrong I will admit it but I do not think he is going to come up with Texeira but he is going to say that he gave it his best effort. The Yankees on the other hand come in aggressive and we get into it late and underwhelm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Again... Are you a complete moron or do you just play one on the Internet? Sabathia and Burnett? Thank you Yankees. CC will get lit up in the playoffs, Burnett will spend the majority of his time on the DL. Where did Tex ink? I must have missed that. The Sox don't need an ace, just another solid starter, which they are going after.

It's sad when the number of times you have been banned is greater than the number of valid points you've made

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kendib. Show kendib's posts

Theo=2 World Series. Keep the kids/a few smart signings/trade of veteran=3 World Series for Theo and young enough to contend for years to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulRodgers. Show PaulRodgers's posts

see, you would be okay if any other teams besides the yankees signed them. end of story.

you cannot swallow this..........neither can i.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[Quote]Again... Are you a complete moron or do you just play one on the Internet? Sabathia and Burnett? Thank you Yankees. CC will get lit up in the playoffs, Burnett will spend the majority of his time on the DL. Where did Tex ink? I must have missed that. The Sox don't need an ace, just another solid starter, which they are going after.

It's sad when the number of times you have been banned is greater than the number of valid points you've made[/Quote]
    The longer Tex is out there the more dangerous the Yankees become with their money. If they sign hm the only hitter top hitter left is Manny and I do not think he is coming our way again. The Yankees have us over the barrell if they sign Texeira because there is no one left.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

IF THEO WANTS TEX OR PEAVEY THEN HE GOING TO HAVE TO STEP TO THE PLATETHE WAY CASHMAN DID ON C.C., GO SEE THEM DIRECTLY AND LET THEM NO HOW IMPORTANT THEY OUR TO THE ORGANZATION, HE DID IT WHEN HE WENT AFTER SHILLING, IF THEO'S REALLY SERIRUOS NOW, HE WOULD BE DOING THE SAME THING, SOMETHING IS WRONG, WHY IS HOLDING BACK? HE HAS ONE OF THE BEST ORGANZATIONS GOING FOR HIM, THAT HE CAN SELL TO THESE PLAYERS, SOMEBODY ELSE IS HOLDING HIM BACK.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

I think we still have a shot at Manny. I don't see why he wouldn't want to come to Boston :-P (Please sense sarcasm)

I still think the Sox as constructed now are better than the Yanks, but would like a few moves to get done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Also keep in mind, none of us actually know what's going on with any of these guys. How do you know Theo hasn't gotten on a plane and visited with Tex? How do you know he hasn't given an offer? We just don't

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnpats168. Show soxnpats168's posts

The offseason is definitely not over, just wait and see..and trust Lord Theo, he brought us to salvation after 86 years of purgatory.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

How many "blockbuster trades for ace pitchers" have been made this offseason that Theo has missed out on? Just out of curiosity.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jekline. Show jekline's posts

um, you folks are forgetting that TEX is represented by BORAS. And that means, they will take there time. Theo can offer him the moon but no one can make TEX sign before he is ready. I personally believe Theo will land him. I really believe Tex is smart enough to see that The Sox are "THE BEST" organization in the game. We build a core of home grown talent (or by trade with the prospects Theo has stock piled) and compliment with free agents. The Yanks keep making the same stupid mistakes by trying to build a core with FA (thus having to give up draft picks) and complimenting with there non existent farm system. To you guys that are complaining- I say "the proof is in the performance". Since Henry, Luccino, Theo and Tito have been here- The Sox are w/out question the "best organization" in all of baseball. 2 WS- 4 ALCS since 2003. Um, the last time I looked that is "THE BEST" in the game. Get a life. Quit acting like spoiled little brats and let Theo do his job since he just may be one of the smartest if not "the smartest" in the game too. Either that or how about going and rooting for The Pirates or someone else that ownership doesn't care about anything else other than lining there pockets and not "paying"there players. Just ask Jason Bay ! I personally am proud to be able to root for a team that ownership from top to bottom cares about winning and a GM that is one of the smartest and best and lastly a manager that is a perfect fit for this team and this town. We do not throw money around stupidly for 30 year contracts to aging veterans. GET A LIFE !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

I love these Theo basher threads. We have nothing better to do but wait. The yankee trolls who regularly thrash Theo are right. This guy has been terrible. We should go back to the old days. Before we had 2WS, a strong starting staff, excellent lineup, speed and defense. Before we curb stomped the yankees. Before we had a great farm system. We should overpay for aging stars. We should ......maybe not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mydogskippy. Show mydogskippy's posts

if i was theo...obviously im not...altho im better looking....im smarter..lol ok im not as smart as you guys here.i would offer tex 3yrs 75 .take it or leave it.id offer a one year to smoltz 9 mil.pavano 4 mil one year...6 mil in incentives.randy johnson ..one year you pick the number,give lowell and ortiz a year to bounce back...two years 16 mil to varitek.extend youkilis...beckett.sign matt holliday in july.trust me these are the only moves we make this year...i borrowed laws crystal ball

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mydogskippy. Show mydogskippy's posts

if we are healthy we need a 3 or 4 sp...we need to dump lugo....a 4th outfielder..thats it.tex would be good for three years.believe it or not we have a great team...dlowe i agree with with but only 2 years....hell im 52 this is gonna be my best year watchin baseball ..cant wait to see the evil empires disabled list come july

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

What a bafoon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

" C A L M D O W N PLEASE " !!! ALL THE Y A N K E E S HAVE DONE HERE IS SPEND ALOT OF $$$$$$$ ON QUESTIONABLE PLAYERS/TALENT AT THIS STAGE OF THEIR CAREERS... NOTHING IS A GIVEN HERE.. NOTHING LIKE WATCHING BALL PLAYERS BREAK DOWN FROM HAVING TO CARRY ALL THAT $$$$$$$$$$$$$

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

If using logic and knowing what is going on with the Red Sox makes one a pink hatter, then I am glad to wear that silly term. Law, no one here is saying they agree with every move Theo has ever made, but you just look like an idiot for questioning the EVERY move of a GM who brought the Sox their first title in 86 years, a second title, and brought them to the ALCS multiple times with a lineup that is primed to win for years to come.

I've asked you this before, but what would your ideal offseason be for the Red Sox? What specific names would you prefer Theo end the offseason with?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

So to clarify, every one of those games the Rays won in the regular season and playoffs were a fluke? You really know nothing about baseball huh?

Sections
Shortcuts