1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Uh, Told Ya Theo Wasn't Going To Get It Done

"That explains why they are leaving Pedroia and Youk out to dry by trying to run the Sox 'on the cheap'."

And Pedroia's new contract was hanging him out to dry? Then why did he sign it? And have you read no reports that the Sox are working on Youk next? Get a clue, and try not to get banned again

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from phineasgage. Show phineasgage's posts

Good question, but I hope it is rhetorical. You won't get an answer.

That's not part of the game for trolls like Law.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Believe me, I'm not expecting one

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Although I didn't get an answer to a direct question, I got more proof of Law2005/2005a/2005b's bsaeball knowledge. "The Sox are 1 or 2 star players away from being a lock to win the next 3-5 world titles" I don't care what line up you put together, no team on earth EVER is a lock to win one title, let alone 3-5! Just ask the Yankees, who in this decade have put together All-Star teams. Or in another sport, ask the Lakers who put together a starting five of future Hall of Famers and didn't win.

How about that ideal offseason... Let's hear it Law2005/a/b/c/d/e/f/g

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

*squawk* Theo blew it! *squawk*

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

WOW, I guess we should have grossly overpaid for an overweight #2 pitcher that can't pitch "Big Games" and an injury prone Pitcher that only pitches well during his contract year. LOL!

Law5005a-z, Manny/Boras ran himself out of town. Be got a better dael getting Bay. Get that through your thick skull. You are probably one of those babies that still wanted Nomah, Mo and Petey to stay here....your crap is old and stinks.....grow up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

[Quote]

Theo knows what he's doing *squawk* give Theo another chance *squawk* its too early to tell *squawk*...[/Quote]

It makes more sense than the crap you've been spewing since you joined.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

I hope CC Sabathia isn't who you're referring to as a big-game pitcher, for the sake of you looking even dumber than you already make yourself look. In the likely case that the first baseball game you watched was last year's opening day, Sabathia gets rocked in the playoffs. Aren't those big games? Or do they not count?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

[Quote]

Good point...I mean all I said in October was that by the end of the winter meetings, Theo wouldn't sign ANY of the marquee FA. (Psst...Theo didn't) All the Theo chicks did back then was whine and claim it was too early and to give Theo a chance (they were wrong).

Yeah I totally get how a 100% accurate prediction doesn't make sense to you. Maybe one day when you're accurate at something that doesn't involve pounding Natty Lite cans into your forehead you'll understand.
    [/Quote]

And we told you to wait until we see what the ST roster looks like. It has been a slow developing market unless you're willing to throw stupid money around (see NYY). There's plenty to be had

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

No, you should wait around for the crumbs from the 2008 FA pitching class and try to bring back a pitcher THE SOX ALREADY HAD because you didn't have the stones to go out and sign a so-called 'big game' pitcher to front the Sox pitching staff in 2009. But oh yeah, you did get Wakefield for another year. What's that about pitchers that can't pitch big games? Postseason games that decide whether the Sox go to the World Series in 2008 are pretty big games...how'd Wake do?

I never even MENTIONED Nomar...definitely didn't mention Mo Vaughn (Theo wasn't even GM then) and given who Theo brought in after he didn't sign Pedro or Lowe (Matt Clement, Wade Miller) the Sox could have done a LOT worse than keep the two pitchers who closed out the games that got the Sox to the 2004 World Series title. Oh yeah, Manny ran himself out of town...please don't blame Theo...oops I read the Bill Simmons article from ESPN the magazine and ESPN.com about how Theo and the Sox FO ran Manny out of town and used the Boston sports hacks to cover their tracks...so much for Manny ran himself out of Boston. Or was it Manny in his interview saying he loved the fans in Boston and making it clear that his departure from RSN was a result of the Sox FO and the media dogging him constantly?

ASSuming and guessing is all you have. Here's a thought...READ WHAT I ACTUALLY SAY.
    [/Quote]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Law, if you look back, I have been telling you all along I didn't want Burnett, and I was thrilled to see the Yanks sign him for FIVE years and 80 MIL... FOR A GUY WHO WENT 69-66 in his career! Exact names. Who should the Sox get/ should have gotten?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

By the way, you talk all this time about how stupid the Sox were for "forcing Manny out" .. What do you think it says that it's December and no one is even close to signing him? What could that possibly mean?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Uhm, scoreboard I said I didn't want him before he signed.

I wonder what's going to happen to Law when he runs out of letters in the alphabet....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 47gorham. Show 47gorham's posts

I agree with Law. No wait a minute. I take it back. That would make me an idiot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mydogskippy. Show mydogskippy's posts

[Quote]

No, you should wait around for the crumbs from the 2008 FA pitching class and try to bring back a pitcher THE SOX ALREADY HAD because you didn't have the stones to go out and sign a so-called 'big game' pitcher to front the Sox pitching staff in 2009. But oh yeah, you did get Wakefield for another year. What's that about pitchers that can't pitch big games? Postseason games that decide whether the Sox go to the World Series in 2008 are pretty big games...how'd Wake do?

I never even MENTIONED Nomar...definitely didn't mention Mo Vaughn (Theo wasn't even GM then) and given who Theo brought in after he didn't sign Pedro or Lowe (Matt Clement, Wade Miller) the Sox could have done a LOT worse than keep the two pitchers who closed out the games that got the Sox to the 2004 World Series title. Oh yeah, Manny ran himself out of town...please don't blame Theo...oops I read the Bill Simmons article from ESPN the magazine and ESPN.com about how Theo and the Sox FO ran Manny out of town and used the Boston sports hacks to cover their tracks...so much for Manny ran himself out of Boston. Or was it Manny in his interview saying he loved the fans in Boston and making it clear that his departure from RSN was a result of the Sox FO and the media dogging him constantly?

ASSuming and guessing is all you have. Here's a thought...READ WHAT I ACTUALLY SAY.
    [/Quo actually i do read everything you say law...i have probably read everything you have written on this site.you remind me of my ex wife..she always had to be right about anything she said.if the yankees announce today that they dug up ted williams torso,sewed his frozen head back on and signed him for 10 years 250 million...you would be on here bashing theo for missing out on the obvious..you sir are a pompous azz and a waste of my time

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mydogskippy. Show mydogskippy's posts

lol law thats the first time youve actually made any sense on this board....FYI...I DONT HAVE A PIC OF THEO...but ive gone thru 4 keyboards this week ....the keys get stuck...you know kind of like your manny in the shower screensaver

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mydogskippy. Show mydogskippy's posts

law one more thing...the reason your manny inflatable doll wont inflate is because your blowing in the wrong place...theres a little valve in the back of the neck.....dont waste your time tho....if you get him inflated he will quit on you when you need him the most

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Hey kid!! Did you realize that the Yankees let go Giambi, Mussina (retired), Petitte (possible heading elsewhere), Abreu and few bullpen pitchers. Now since the Yankees signed two fat contracts with two newest pitchers, they still have to fill in CF (Damon is an injure prone player, will not play much there), RF (replacing Abreu), Catcher (Posada possible unable to catch), 1B (what if Switcher isnt doing a good job), 2nd (possible that Cano is traded, but it is unlikely), set up man (only if Joba isnt coming back to the bullpen), etc. That is a heck of alot of work for the Yankees to fill in these position players!! Sox's only position player that they need to fill in is the catcher!! And the rest are already filled in!!

Now if the Yankees do not get Tex or Manny, I am telling you that A-Rod is going to have a terrible year!! And then he will opt out of his contract for the second time!! Just kidding, dont think he have the opt out clause in his contract this time!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

[Quote]

Add amnesia to your growing list of attributes, you were the crybaby Theo chick who specifically came back with the "Has Burnett signed yet" response when I said Theo blew it on Burnett weeks ago.[/Quote]

You're right. I did say that. And guess what... it was true. He hadn't signed yet at the time. So, again, I was right. I told you many times of his record, his injury-prone career, and the massive over-paid contract he would command. Those were facts, and once again... Thank you New York Yankees for overpaying for Pavano-2

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

uselss post # 116 from the SUPER WOOD

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

[Quote]

Once again I'm right about something you attempted to deny/avoid admitting you said?

Gee that's a shock. Like I said...add amnesia to your list of attributes. Your being wrong about Burnett has nothing to do with Pavano.
    [/Quote]

Just to clarify... I was wrong about Burnett when I said he hadn't signed a month ago? That's interesting, because I am pretty sure he just agreed to a deal last week. Doesn't sound like I was wrong after all. And I was avoiding it by saying that I said? Well done. You are a heck of a lawyer, if only you knew a single thing you were talking about.

Burnett being on the DL throughout his contract does indeed have a lot to do with Pavano. Since you're new to baseball, I'll tell you about him. He signed several years ago with the Yankees (They're a team in New York), and he had the same resume as Burnett. He was a bust (That's when a player doesn't perform very well for a team). Burnett will be similar to Pavano, although with more upside. The Red Sox (They play in Boston) shouldn't want Burnett

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

And if all of us who "worship Theo blindly" are pink-hatters, what does that make a guy who worships Manny and cries himself to sleep every day because he's gone, even though the guy was a cancer in the clubhouse? If you're going to throw around the pink hat term blindly, throw at yourself in the mirror your mom hung up in the basement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

[Quote]Theo blew it big time, let all of the marquee FA players out there slip through his fingers and Boras knows Theo is cornered.

Add to this Theo's swap meet mentality where he prefers to bargain hunt at Big Lots while other MLB teams go to Saks'. Teixiera is a major, star, front line player...just like Manny (the 1st ballot HOF) was and those kinds of players intimidate Theo.

Is this your 4th grade term paper. "Slip through his fingers"?

Sabathia: Had to go first, did, went to Yankees as I predicted, was obvious to most. (Thankfully, Theo wasn't going to bid the bank on CC, so he never pursued him)

Burnett: Had to go next, did, went to Yankees because they made the price way more than the long term value for Burnett. Not a surprise, they said they were going to do it. (Thankfully, Theo wasn't going to bid a geriatrics deal for Burnett, who isn't good enough for that, so he never pursued him)

Tex: Angels need him more than the Yankees, Yankees don't want him going to Boston. I've predicted the Angels will get Tex, unless we're foolish enough to try and call the Angels, as the Yankees will then raise but will only take another A-Rod contract if it means keeping him out of Boston except for absurd money that Tex will never measure up to. (Tex is no Manny, as a hitter, on that you are wrong. We'll see how Tex goes, but I don't expect the FO to go over 160 million, and I'm glad)

Manny was under contract, and the Red Sox FO wasn't picking up the option unless Manny played out the string at a high level, which means, given Manny's declining numbers and physical condition, no time was good but the end of this season was that time. The fact that Manny had a big year here or there left in him, it was time to move on. Manny's tanking and breach of contract left the team no choice but to avoid the Courts and get rid of a "bad man". It wouldn't matter who the GM was, picking up Manny's option wasn't going to happen given Manny's track record of tanking before the 2008 season along with his stunts and clearly declining health and overall numbers.

We need one important thing, ASAP, and that's another solid pitching arm. The current crop is overpriced and we are correct to considering signing a reatread like Smoltz or something like that, look to see where the farm hands are, and then look to the summer when teams look to sell top players with big contracts.

You're like a little kid who is throwing a temper tantrum because Theo hasn't signed the mega contract FA's. Still time on Tex, but I'm one who wants nothing to do with Tex and 8 plus years and 160 million bucks plus. Still time for you to get your wish on that, I hope not.[/Quote]

two laws = one large moron!

law #1 continues to bash theo for being ineffective even though the sox's record over the last 5 years speaks otherwise. again facts seem to weaken his drivel.
    law #2 states the red sox shouldn't make teixeira a priority; that he's not as good a hitter as man-hole, although he is a better all-round player. also, tex comes eqipped with a brain. man-hole never had that option available. oh, yeah, law #2 still blames theo for man-hole leaving the red sox.
    law #1 and law #2; both are long-winded but short on brains.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

So you were OK with Manny not running out a ground ball with a no-hitter on the line? You were OK with him throwing a senior citizen to the ground? You were OK with him refusing to play and then standing in the box against the Yankees and not taking the bat off of his shoulder?

How can a player (Wade Miller) be a bust when he was signed to a minor-league deal?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

You say "what goes around comes around?" Well how about, if you act like a child, you'll get treated like one.

Sections
Shortcuts