1. You have chosen to ignore posts from caskinzfan. Show caskinzfan's posts

VARITEK!!!

Is it my imagination, or is he still not hitting worth anything?

Going back to working on his swing, it is a little bit too late, that ship has sailed...

It is time to make a move on the catcher front...actually a bout 3 weeks ago would have been great!

Bullpen catcher/assistant for Varitek...work with the younger pitchers & catchers...give him a position withing the club!

GO SOX!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT93. Show BurritoT93's posts

VARITEK!!!

In an unrelated story: "A-ROD Tosses Away Crutches!"

Wow! What a man, what a trooper, such a stud!

(I didnt think it was worth starting a new thread for him, so...)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

VARITEK!!!

Don't worry about his .105 spring training average. By the end of the season he'll double it to .210.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

VARITEK!!!

If Theo has a weakness it seems to be his loyalty towards aging veterans. There was no doubt in my mind Tek can't throw, run or hit anymore. Hopefully he can find a comfort zone, or Bard has a good year to help the offense a bit. Wake is another perfect example, he is one of a kind and could pitch until he's 50 but can he be productive?

The price was right to keep him but he just looks awfull on the mound so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedyaz2. Show tedyaz2's posts

VARITEK!!!

Bottom line is......

He sucks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

VARITEK!!!

It's time to start looking for catching help, Tek is not going to be the catcher he once was, and it's time to cut the cord with Wake also. While I love both players and will always be grateful for what they have meant to the Sox, their comes a time to face facts and that time is now 2009. I would give Mark Wagner a long look at catcher, and pur Buchholz in Wakes spot. I would thank both players and offer them jobs in the orginazation, then move forward.