1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tinisoli. Show tinisoli's posts

Varitek's place in history...

Makes you wonder if it's achievements like this that may one day leap out at HoF voters and compel them to put Tek in Cooperstown. He's unlikely to have the offensive stats to get in?most catchers have more hits, RBI, homers, steals, and/or more games behind the plate?but when you start piling up WS titles, no-hitters caught, and the reputation as one of the game's premier pitch callers, well, that's impressive stuff. If he can reach a few milestones like 1500 hits, 200 HR, 800 RBI, it'll help his case.

And another WS or two will do.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tinisoli. Show tinisoli's posts

2000 hits is not reachable for Tek. He's never had more than 137 in a season, and it's unlikely he'll play for another 6-7 years. The other milestones are doable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ce242114. Show ce242114's posts

Posted this on another board - sorry if its redundant but it seems to fit the topic:Varitek's games:9/10/99 Martinez 9IP 1H(HR) 17K 0BB
    8/29/00 Martinez 9IP 1H 13K 0BB
    4/4/01 Nomo 9IP 0H
    5/25/01 Nomo 9IP 1H 14K 0BB
    4/27/02 Lowe 9IP 0H
    6/14/05 Wells 7IP 1H /Timlin/Foulke 2IP 0H
    7/18/06 Lester 8IP 1H/Pap 1IP 0H
    10/1/06 Hansack 5IP 0H
    6/7/07 Schilling 9IP 1H
    9/1/07 Buchholz 9IP 0H
    5/19/08 Lester 9IP 0HDon't know if I even have them all.� There were also at least 5 2-hitters that I stumbled across (mostly Pedro's). Also, two world championships.�� That C is well deserved.� Any offense that he supplies is a bonus.� Only one gold glove is a disgrace.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

The day Tek retires or moves on will as sad day as any in RS history.� Granted, he's not the most irreplacable player on our team, but I'm sure I would get an arguement from many.I'm with the previous poster who suggested his number be placed on our wall of fame after he shuts down.� As the years move forward and we all reflect on our success, Tek will end up being the most beloved Sock of this era.�

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbredsoxaddict. Show vbredsoxaddict's posts

I think Tek is one of the most irreplaceable members of our team.� The leadership he brings to the team and the confidence he instills in the pitchers are intangibles that are difficult to replace.� Not to mention that Tek is having a pretty good offensive year so far also.� That might not last, but I have said before if Tek hits .240 all year, I'd be okay with that.� We have enough offense in the rest of our line up, and his value in other areas is too significant.��

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

If anyone doubts Tek's importance to this team, just look back at the summer of '06 when he went out for an extended time with an injury. Sure, there were a number of other key guys who got hurt in the same period, but it was Tek's absence that really fueled the meltdown. It may not be a tangible thing that can be measured in numbers, but without him controlling the flow of the game from behind home plate, the Sox were a mere shadow of themselves. Any other player on the team can go on the DL for a while and the team can make up for it- even Manny- but Tek is simply irreplacable. The day he retires will be the end of an era in Boston, and finding his succesor could be a long and difficult road. Pitchers and sluggers get all the glory, but a catcher of Tek's caliber is a rare find.And he should be in the HOF, even if�for no other reason than smacking A-Rod in the face! In that one perfect moment, a dynasty was born.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

One feature of Tek's game that no one mentions or even notices, he runs well.�He's at least a average to above average runner, for a catcher he's well above average.� He can go first to third, from time to time he will beat out a ground ball double play, and does not clog up the bases when he's on.� This is one more nice feature he bring with his game.�