we get what we deserve!!

I HOPE ALL YOU WAKEFIELD APOLOGISTS ARE WATCHING
    THE GAME BECAUSE IT MAKES ALL THE ARGUMENT FOR
    SAYING GOOD BYE TO ANY KIND OF A KNUCKLEBALL
    PITCHER FOR GOOD/ WE DON'T NEED GIMMICK PITCHERS/
    GOOD BYE CASH, ALSO. DID YOU SEE HOW UPTON
    STOLE SECOND...IT WAS AN EMBARRASSMENT. WELL...THE
    GAME IS PROBABLY LOST. YOU CAN'T START WAKE IN A
    BIG GAME AND THIS WILL BE OUR HARD LESSON.
    EPSTEIN BETTER GET TOUGH AND RETOOL NEXT YEAR
    WITH SOME LIVE BODIES.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

we get what we deserve!!

ITS NOW 5-0 AND FINALLY TERRY FRANCONA HAS
    SEEN ENUF. I HOPE THAT ALL OF US FANS ARE
    EMBARRASSED SUFFICIENTLY. YOU NEVER
    START WAKEFIELD IN A BIG GAME. HAVE YOU
    SEEN ALL THE STOLEN BASES. WAKE IS THROWING
    BATTING PRACTICE. WELL, THIS IS THE LAST WE
    WILL SEE OF HIM, THANKFULLY. WAKE SHOULDA
    BEEN GONE WHEN IT WAS 3-0, BUT HE WASN'T
    CONVINCED. BUT NOW,WHEN THE GAME IS LOST
    WAKEIS GONE... HIS LAST DUGOUT TRIP IN
    BOSTON. FRANCONA SHOULD GO ALSO...WHAT A
    JOKE OF A MANAGER !!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joemanc. Show joemanc's posts

we get what we deserve!!

Its Francona's big blindspot. His loyalty to his veteran's does the redsox in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

we get what we deserve!!

[Quote]ITS NOW 5-0 AND FINALLY TERRY FRANCONA HAS
    SEEN ENUF. I HOPE THAT ALL OF US FANS ARE
    EMBARRASSED SUFFICIENTLY. YOU NEVER
    START WAKEFIELD IN A BIG GAME. HAVE YOU
    SEEN ALL THE STOLEN BASES. WAKE IS THROWING
    BATTING PRACTICE. WELL, THIS IS THE LAST WE
    WILL SEE OF HIM, THANKFULLY. WAKE SHOULDA
    BEEN GONE WHEN IT WAS 3-0, BUT HE WASN'T
    CONVINCED. BUT NOW,WHEN THE GAME IS LOST
    WAKEIS GONE... HIS LAST DUGOUT TRIP IN
    BOSTON. FRANCONA SHOULD GO ALSO...WHAT A
    JOKE OF A MANAGER !!!!!
    [/Quote]

What a CRYBABY Sox fan!! When Wake has good games, were you calling for his head? When Sox win games resulting from a good managing move, were you calling for Francona's head? I presume last year when they were down 3-1 to Cleveland you were also calling for Francona's head then, right? So, what did you do when they won the next 7 games? Francona should be fired because the Sox didn't go UNDEFEATED in the playoffs? You definitely have this sense of "Sox Nation Entitlement" in that this team should ALWAYS be winning and when the other team IS PLAYING BETTER, it is the SOX players'/manager's fault. Sometimes the BEST PLAYING team looks like the winner and right now the Sox ain't it.

As it stands right now...if the Sox pull this series out, I would not expect to see ANY post from you whoohooing the Sox considering how you are treating this team now. Be a FAN, thick or thin, everyone on that team IS TRYING their best. To think otherwise is not being a fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

we get what we deserve!!

[Quote]

What a CRYBABY Sox fan!! When Wake has good games, were you calling for his head? When Sox win games resulting from a good managing move, were you calling for Francona's head? I presume last year when they were down 3-1 to Cleveland you were also calling for Francona's head then, right? So, what did you do when they won the next 7 games? Francona should be fired because the Sox didn't go UNDEFEATED in the playoffs? You definitely have this sense of "Sox Nation Entitlement" in that this team should ALWAYS be winning and when the other team IS PLAYING BETTER, it is the SOX players'/manager's fault. Sometimes the BEST PLAYING team looks like the winner and right now the Sox ain't it.

As it stands right now...if the Sox pull this series out, I would not expect to see ANY post from you whoohooing the Sox considering how you are treating this team now. Be a FAN, thick or thin, everyone on that team IS TRYING their best. To think otherwise is not being a fan.[/Quote]

I can understand his frustration. I never ever liked Wakefield. He's a coin toss, either the kb is really moving or it's a meatball. I will never believe in banking on a pitcher who needs the wind and the humidity to be on his side. He is a gimmick pitcher and I will buy a round at the sports bar on his day he's gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

we get what we deserve!!

WAKEFIELD CANNOT HOLD RUNNERS ON. HE WAS 0-3 IN HIS LAST
    STARTS. HE CREATES PASSED BALLS AND WILD PITCHES. HE
    HAS LITTLE MARGIN FOR ERROR. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO
    WITH BEING A CRYBABY IT HAS TO DO WITH PERCENTAGE
    BALL. WE JUST HAVE NO OTHER PITCHERS. WE HAVE A TEAM
    LIKE THE YANKEES THAT IS GETTING OLDER AND INJURY
    PRONE. THE YOUNGSTERS, LOWRIE, ELLSBURY, YOUK, AND
    PEDROIA WILL NOT BE ENOUGH TO MAKE THIS TEAM A
    CONTENDER...BECAUSE THEY DO NOT CREATE RBI'S. WITH
    THE EXCEPTION OF YOUKILIS. PAPI IS SLOWING DOWN, WE
    HAVE NO HITTING CATCHER. BAY IS OK, BUT DREW CANNOT PLAY
    A 130 GAME SEASON. YOU CANNOT DISPUTE THIS BY CALLING
    ME A CRYBABY !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

we get what we deserve!!

IF YOU LOOK AT A TEAM FOR '09 WITH PAPI, DREW.
    YOUKILIS AND LOWELL DOWN THE MIDDLE, YOU ARE
    LOOKING AT A TEAM THAT IS GETTING A BIT OLD AND
    INJURY PRONE. YOUK IS A GAMER. BAY IS PRETTY GOOD.
    BUT LOWELL, DREW, ARE INJURY PRONE. PAPI AT THIS
    POINT MAY BE GOOD FOR ONE OR TWO MORE YEARS.
    WITH THE LOSS OF RAMIREZ,IT SHOWS OUR WEAKNESS
    WE WERE GOLD, DURING MANNY'S PRIME YEARS.
    MANNY IS GONE, AND THERE IS NO ONE TO PROTECT
    PAPI. DREW IS INJURED AND SO IS LOWELL. IS IT ANY
    SURPRISE, THAT IF WE STAND PAT IN '09, WE WOULD BE
    LUCKY TO FINISH THIRD. THE YANKS WILL BUY CC AND
    BURNETT AND TEIXEIRA. WE WILL BE OUT IN THE COLD.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

we get what we deserve!!

[Quote]WAKEFIELD CANNOT HOLD RUNNERS ON. HE WAS 0-3 IN HIS LAST
    STARTS. HE CREATES PASSED BALLS AND WILD PITCHES. HE
    HAS LITTLE MARGIN FOR ERROR. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO
    WITH BEING A CRYBABY IT HAS TO DO WITH PERCENTAGE
    BALL. WE JUST HAVE NO OTHER PITCHERS. WE HAVE A TEAM
    LIKE THE YANKEES THAT IS GETTING OLDER AND INJURY
    PRONE. THE YOUNGSTERS, LOWRIE, ELLSBURY, YOUK, AND
    PEDROIA WILL NOT BE ENOUGH TO MAKE THIS TEAM A
    CONTENDER...BECAUSE THEY DO NOT CREATE RBI'S. WITH
    THE EXCEPTION OF YOUKILIS. PAPI IS SLOWING DOWN, WE
    HAVE NO HITTING CATCHER. BAY IS OK, BUT DREW CANNOT PLAY
    A 130 GAME SEASON. YOU CANNOT DISPUTE THIS BY CALLING
    ME A CRYBABY !![/Quote]

Marstan... appreciate the sentiment.. let's think back.. 2004 ALCS and down 3 - 0 to the Yankees... 2007 ALCS and down 3 - 1 to the Indians. I do not think this board looked any different then. Fat lady isn't even in the house yet. You never know!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbfrogger. Show cbfrogger's posts

we get what we deserve!!

we are the third youngest team in the AL. Stop crying.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

we get what we deserve!!

This is an insane thread. Who do you start if not Wakefield? Byrd has already demonstrated that no way, no how can he pitch to the Rays. And, bad as he was, Wakefield was about on par with Beckett and Lester.

This is not per se a Wakefield problem, but a severe problem with starting pitching. Only Matsuzaka made a quality start. And Byrd, the 5th option, pitched last night and gave up like 4 runs in 4 innings.

And, of course, there is the hitting problem. Ortiz remains hitless in the series and had one rbi against the Angels in four games. Ellsbury hit the Angels, but is hitless against the Rays. Varitek has a single I think. Drew is hitless against the Rays.

In this series, this year, the Rays are way, way better than the Sox. It is not and has not been a matter of managerial strategy. When the pitchers can't pitch and the hitters can't hit. you are going to lose.

Last night it was 9-1 and tonight it is already 11-1. After being shut out in game 1, the Rays have now scored 28 runs in three games, and this one ain't over yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

we get what we deserve!!

OK. SO I WILL SHUT UP. WHAT DO WE DO TO CORRECT THIS
    SITUATION FOR '09 ?? MANNY IS GONE. WE HAD HIS GOLDEN
    YEARS TO SOME EXTENT. WHAT DO WE DO NOW, TO CREATE
    OFFENSE ?? WHEN YOU SEE THE RAYS PITCHING TANDEM OF
    GARZA, SHIELDS, SONNANSTINE, JACKSON, PRICE,AND
    KAZMIR...ALONG WITH BALFOUR, WHEELER, HOWELL, AND
    MILLER IN THE PEN, AND WITH THEIR CONTACT HITTING,
    THEY WILL DOMINATE EVEN THE YANKEES OVER THE COURSE
    OF A SEASON. HOW CAN WE COMPETE WITH THESE GUYS ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

we get what we deserve!!

No Manny, No WS
    Sox are getting what they deserve

Thank you Shaughnessy and Theo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

we get what we deserve!!

First thing to do is stop typing in bold caps.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

we get what we deserve!!

[Quote]we are the third youngest team in the AL. Stop crying.[/Quote]

The Boston Red Sox have the oldest team in the American League and the second oldest team in all of baseball, according to ESPN Stats:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rosters

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runnels. Show Runnels's posts

we get what we deserve!!

Wonderful to see Timlin make one more appearance and show that he still has it!!! LMAO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from headofted. Show headofted's posts

we get what we deserve!!

[Quote]we are the third youngest team in the AL. Stop crying.[/Quote]

Hey pal, let's try facts instead of you.....here is a link to ESPN which lists the teams by age......out of 30 major league teams, Boston is younger than ONLY ONE...LOL....so how do you get they are the third youngest team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/rosters

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Susie78punkwave. Show Susie78punkwave's posts

we get what we deserve!!

I say move on, people, and get a life. You make what should be mild entertainment the reason for your living. Don't they take enough money and time from all of you? Work on the world's problems instead and put your money and time to good use! The world could use it, rather than obsessing over teams, inventing destructive rivalries with other perfectly nice cities, and worshipping overpaid managers and players like they created Heaven and Earth. It sometimes takes something like this to realize how crazy the obsession in Boston is. No other city is like this, and I've been to tons of them even during their playoffs. Sports is a money-making industry, from the lottery tickets to the license plates. Stop giving it all your time and money. Go to a little league game once in a while and buy some groceries instead. Work for the environment and the poor. Spread genocide awareness. It's so much more productive, and makes you feel so much better - truly. My three cents. Susie

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BatmanJWO. Show BatmanJWO's posts

we get what we deserve!!

Wakefield is a knuckleball pitcher. There are nights he's looked like Cy Young and other's when he's looked like Matt Young. (If you are over 30, you should get that reference.) Tonight, he didn't have it. Last night, Lester didn't have it. The bullpens haven't stopped the bleeding either 13-4 means the bullpen gave up 8 runs.

Do I think that they can come back? No, but not because the typical "the world is ending" reasons.

1. Beckett is hurt. In both of his playoff starts, he's been shelled. His normal 96mph fastball is barely reaching 92 and it's not moving. He doesn't look right even though he claims he is not hurt.

2. Lowell is done until next season. We lost a strong bat and glove at third. Hard to replace.

3. JD Drew is still hurt. He's played well, but nothing like prior to the injury.

4. Ortiz is hurt too. He's probably 80% but at this time of year you need 100%.

Those are major keys to last year's playoff run.

5. Ellsbury looks like me at home plate aka clueless. He's in a slump at the wrong time.

6. They have stopped pitching.

7. No Manny. (Just kidding. Jason Bay has more than made up for the lack of Manny. Plus he's not a dick.)

Are they completely out of it? No. Dice-K could pitch them back to TB. However, they need to hit too. They have to get the momentum that they lost in game two back.

Harv

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RAYMAX. Show RAYMAX's posts

we get what we deserve!!

THATS WHY HES CALLED COMA

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adravland. Show adravland's posts

we get what we deserve!!

It really blows that it came to this. Time to give up on the 94ers on the Sox. Time for Wake, Timlin, Schilling, and Tek to call it a career. Get ride of any catcher we used this year because they were all useless garbage. Do what ever we have to do to get Buchols back to form and start thinking or shopping for a replacement for big papi. These are all the reasons why we could beat an over achiever such as the rays. I wish that things could have worked out differently but it's over. We had health and talent last year to come back from 3-1 deficates. Not enough tallent and no health this year. I think the Sox have a great future. I just hope they are not so loyal as to not know when to let go of the past and build on what they do have.

Sections
Shortcuts