1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Whats' Been Said About the Pats" FA Signings?

[Quote]F the Pats--and their wannabe sportswriter (you know who) Now that you have the effin N in your division lets see how you do--especially since you don't know what b**ch boy will do (Carson Palmer anyone?) Go Colts! Let's go Rangers![/Quote]

You have some serious anger issues!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It very welll could be the susytm. A lot fo west coast offenses are famous for taking away half of the field. In other wors, one whole side is a designed decoy, and this simplifies the reads for the QB. They have onely one to three options.

That really is the beauty of the West Coast, it is so simple, but devastatingly effective when the coaches and players all execute.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I feel pretty confident that BB will be able to use Springs effectively if he is healthy.

He still has some skills, and isn't slowed to the point of being useless. In fact, he fits well with the cover-2 Read that NE runs often, and has a big body for playing closer to the line if they want to press or squat.

At this stage of his career i would avoid leaving him on an island every down with elite recievers though. But that is the difference between Springs now and Springs five years ago.

Bur I am confident that if he is healthy he could have a more productive season than Hobbs has every had in this zone scheme just based on his superior instincts and his ability to get up and attack the ball in flight, which he has not lost.

That is why a lot of teams, including Washington and Philly wanted him to work at FS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Lewis is replacing Washington.....when we trade a pick for Ocho-Cinco, then he will replace Gaff-me.

Gaff-me did know the Pats system, but McDaniels is probably going to run a similar system and needed Gaff-me. This is why Denver over paid for Gaff-me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]F the Pats--and their wannabe sportswriter (you know who) Now that you have the effin N in your division lets see how you do--especially since you don't know what b**ch boy will do (Carson Palmer anyone?) Go Colts! Let's go Rangers![/Quote]

Hey Horsecolt18!!! How are you, good buddy!! Long time, no hear. Glad to see that you could get away from the barnyard for a few minutes to drop by.

Hey pal...what are you going to do with all those Marvin Harrison posters that you have pasted on your bedroom ceiling??

LOL!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

OK, this is my Take on this Subject; BB knows football and he knows what it takes to Win. So I believe in BB and I believe in another Super Bowl coming to N.E. Go PATS

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

[Quote]I feel he is a special teams player.Sure Brady can make anyone look good,but if thats the case.Then why not keep gaffney,or kelly washington?[/Quote]

Brady is not a miracle worker. He couldn't do anything with Chad Jackson!!!! LMAO!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That is because Jackson kept messing up his routes. I would be willing to guarantee this is why he was cut.

A lot of college recievers bust because of this. The NFL route tree, whether it is the WR repsonsiblity or the QB at the line, simply does not exist in college.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

I have never met a Colts fan that made sense.....must be the inbreeding....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]

Brady is not a miracle worker. He couldn't do anything with Chad Jackson!!!! LMAO![/Quote]

But he could with Givens, Patten, Brown, Branch, Tim Dwight......It just goes to show you that it isn't Brady's fault that Chad Jackson was really, really bad at playing foorball....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffg316. Show jeffg316's posts

[Quote]I assume Gaffney was not fast enough or young enough to get paid what Denver offered. Lewis will take Washington's place on special teams, but should make it into games where he will spread the field more for the two stars but be a less reliable/worse route runner than Gaffney was if he's the 3rd WR.

I still say the Pats draft a WR with 1 of the 3 picks we have 3rd/4th rd and hope that guy takes Gaffney's place. Maybe even get him w/ pick 47 or 58. For now they have upgraded Kelly Washington.

Springs is easily an upgrade to Deltha O'Neal. But yes the injuries are a concern. When on the field he will be a better vet CB than we had last year, but we still need more depth at that position.

It is also possible that if we draft a starting quality CB that Springs could beat out or rotate w/ Sanders at FS, the position the Eagles wanted him to play when they tried to sign him.[/Quote]

Springs is easily an upgrade to Deltha O'Neal.

Im an upgrade over deltha O'Neal. And I am overweight and smoke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]

But he could with Givens, Patten, Brown, Branch, Tim Dwight......It just goes to show you that it isn't Brady's fault that Chad Jackson was really, really bad at playing foorball....[/Quote]

Brady also worked wonders with Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney in 2006.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Hey pal...what are you going to do with all those Marvin Harrison posters that you have pasted on your bedroom ceiling??

I doubt pony-boy can get those down now....that's not glue that's holding them to the ceiling and walls!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

bub, that's just wrong, man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I'm not thrilled to say this (since I'm a Colt fan), but I think the Pats' off-season has been great. You did some great FA (and trade) value hunting by getting Taylor, Baker, Greg Lewis, and Shawn Springs. But the kicker for me is that you have four picks before the end of the 2nd round in the draft. Now I haven't thought much of the Pats' drafting in recent years, but your team can fill a lot of holes with future cogs. I could see you add the next great OLB, get a CB who can contribute right away, possibly add a good WR prospect to develop, and still be able to bargain hunt by selecting whatever surprise falls to you with some of those picks. Your off-season has probably made the Pats my early SB favorite (and I'm very biased against NE).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]I'm not thrilled to say this (since I'm a Colt fan), but I think the Pats' off-season has been great. You did some great FA (and trade) value hunting by getting Taylor, Baker, Greg Lewis, and Shawn Springs. But the kicker for me is that you have four picks before the end of the 2nd round in the draft. Now I haven't thought much of the Pats' drafting in recent years, but your team can fill a lot of holes with future cogs. I could see you add the next great OLB, get a CB who can contribute right away, possibly add a good WR prospect to develop, and still be able to bargain hunt by selecting whatever surprise falls to you with some of those picks. Your off-season has probably made the Pats my early SB favorite (and I'm very biased against NE).[/Quote]

You have got to be the most reasonable Colts fan that I have ever met!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[Quote]I feel pretty confident that BB will be able to use Springs effectively if he is healthy.

He still has some skills, and isn't slowed to the point of being useless. In fact, he fits well with the cover-2 Read that NE runs often, and has a big body for playing closer to the line if they want to press or squat.

At this stage of his career i would avoid leaving him on an island every down with elite recievers though. But that is the difference between Springs now and Springs five years ago.

That is why a lot of teams, including Washington and Philly wanted him to work at FS.[/Quote]

Z and All:

According to ESPN:
    Springs agreed to a contract with the Patriots last week after visiting with team officials. A source told ESPN.com's John Clayton on Monday that the deal is worth in excess of $10.5 million over three years, and if Springs reaches all of his playing incentives he could make as much as $13 million.

That seems like an awful lot of money for a 34 year old CB...who hasn't been able to stay healthy over the past several years.

Thoughts, anyone?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

I feel lewis could help more on special teams, and the pats will still look at the draft as a means to fill the void at wr long term. I dont care that they havent done well in the past drafting wr's, they gotta hit on one sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

Sections
Shortcuts