1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elktonnick. Show elktonnick's posts

Where have all the posters gone

I used to enjoy reading the posts during the games and seeing the give and take among all the posters.  It appears that those days are gone.  In a day when the internet and websites are big business, why would any "news site" take steps to reduce the number of hits to its website as Boston.com and the Globe have done with their forum?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lindawitz1. Show Lindawitz1's posts

I know I find it more difficult to browse the subjects - also I guess I was a little miffed that they listed me as a new member when I've been on this board for several years.  Anyway, it just doesn't seem to be set up for the give and take that the old board allowed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxFanNY. Show BoSoxFanNY's posts

I miss my friends posting on this board too!
    Just not the same without the give and take on
    the board while the games are on!
    Many of us have disserted this board because
    of the problems.  I keep checking in to see if
    BDCDottie has made changes to the "new" board -
    so it will run like the "old" boards.  I don't know
    why they felt they needed to change.
    Sometimes new is not better!
    Let's Go Bosox!
    Good win!
    AND I'm glad that Tim Wakefield got the
    run support he deserves yesterday!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

All I can say is don't give up.  I think they've ruined it forever for the most part, but the game day thread can and will be saved, and that's important.  Just keep posting to at least that one thread, and it'll increase from 20-30-40-50.  We can overcome BDC's errors.  Keep the faith like RS fans have done since the beginning of time,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

[Quote]All I can say is don't give up.  I think they've ruined it forever for the most part, but the game day thread can and will be saved, and that's important.  Just keep posting to at least that one thread, and it'll increase from 20-30-40-50.  We can overcome BDC's errors.  Keep the faith like RS fans have done since the beginning of time,[/Quote]

Joe, you're right.

i just registered on two other boards but am going to hang in on this one for on more week to see if things 'improve'.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

A  Word to the Mods.  You find a way for us to edit our posts so we can correct a typing error or the use of the wrong word or I'm out of here too.   That should be pretty damn simple for you to accomplish.   I have no illusions you'll fix the other  problems and apparently neither do most of the other members since they're leaving in droves.   Congratulations guys, you really made a mess of this board. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Drop me a note at http://www.strangelandblog.com/ (leave a comment and I'll get it) and I'll  let you know where some of the posters have gone.  Fligh?  Breidey?  Would love to have you join us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I was thinking the same thing. Jete are you out there?  I'm even starting to miss midge!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

[Quote]All I can say is don't give up.  I think they've ruined it forever for the most part, but the game day thread can and will be saved, and that's important.  Just keep posting to at least that one thread, and it'll increase from 20-30-40-50.  We can overcome BDC's errors.  Keep the faith like RS fans have done since the beginning of time,[/Quote]

I don't know what sort of loyalty we are supposed to have to BDC.  This is their doing and everyone here suffers for it.  Staying here is sort of like rebuilding your home in a place that gets flooded over and over.  I'll be honest with you, the more I see of the other message boards, the harder it is to even read this one.  You owe it to yourself to at least look at 30something's link, everyone should.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

[Quote]Drop me a note at http://www.strangelandblog.com/ (leave a comment and I'll get it) and I'll  let you know where some of the posters have gone.  Fligh?  Breidey?  Would love to have you join us.[/Quote]

jesus christ...

That site is yours   NICE JOB   = )

A whole lot of insight, but dont expect lots of folks going over there....for some of them is just easier to stay on the negativity, player bashing and yankee bashing than using common sense and numbers to support any statement.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[Quote]Drop me a note at http://www.strangelandblog.com/ (leave a comment and I'll get it) and I'll  let you know where some of the posters have gone.  Fligh?  Breidey?  Would love to have you join us.[/Quote]

I hope everyone is having a good summer so far. Miss chatting with you all, but this site makes my pin-head hurt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Victory, I KNOW that site is mine.  And it's nothing special.  I don't even post much there...

It is simply the best way to send me an e-mail (to which I can respond with the real link) without having me post either my e-mail or the link publicly.

Would you rather I gave the link to all the trolls?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]I don't know what sort of loyalty we are supposed to have to BDC.  This is their doing and everyone here suffers for it.  Staying here is sort of like rebuilding your home in a place that gets flooded over and over.  I'll be honest with you, the more I see of the other message boards, the harder it is to even read this one.  You owe it to yourself to at least look at 30something's link, everyone should.[/Quote]

I can't disagree with anything you said.  It's almost like BDC did this on purpose so that they can say they have discussion boards, but without going to the expense of actually maintaining it.  I'd like to keep the group together, at least for the game day thread, but I will certainly check out 30's link.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Victory12321. Show Victory12321's posts

but I will certainly check out 30's link.

damm right you should

I asked  you to send me  an  email  (god what s sup with  this forum whenever you hit the space bar? )  and i never got one.

arrrggh

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[Quote]I was thinking the same thing. Jete are you out there?  I'm even starting to miss midge!!!!!!!!!![/Quote]hey 67..how are you?.click my my profile and send me an e-mail, i'll catch you up on the whereabouts of some of the regs..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1393332. Show user_1393332's posts

There are 515 pages of threads on this site!
    And that is just the Red Sox.
    I think the mods might need to do some clean-up.

If you go to your set up, you can list all the discussions types, but they don't show up all on one page anymore.
    There is still On the Front Burner, Game by game and Off the Field etc.  Just harder to find and then look to see which discussion might be worth joining. 

I don't like this new format either.  Too much work, too much time to look up formats.  Plus the default print is tiny - hey mods you know some of us are old and can't see well. Who types in .08 print?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpieretti. Show mpieretti's posts

some of us are still here-- but definitely not the same.
    The same thing happened to OTM --over the monster-- just befor the season started.

Glad to see breidey, jete, thirtysomething, victory, etal

quite a season so far

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillCo. Show WillCo's posts

[Quote]hey 67..how are you?.click my my profile and send me an e-mail, i'll catch you up on the whereabouts of some of the regs..[/Quote]

...Hey jete, you ole pinstripe luvva...how are ya?...this board is strictly early 90's technology wise and a drag...as I was home for a few hours yesterday afternoon during the game, I ran a game thread that was more like posting in a diary...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[Quote]hey 67..how are you?.click my my profile and send me an e-mail, i'll catch you up on the whereabouts of some of the regs..[/Quote]

I can't find anywhere to click!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

I'm still trying to figure out the  way.  The #1 rule of computing is 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.  The only possible reason to change from a working format is to save money ..... but that would only apply if they were paying someone big bucks in either  royalties or support for the old boards.  I doubt they saved anything with this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from High_and_Tight2. Show High_and_Tight2's posts

[Quote]I'm still trying to figure out the  way.  The #1 rule of computing is 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.  The only possible reason to change from a working format is to save money ..... but that would only apply if they were paying someone big bucks in either  royalties or support for the old boards.  I doubt they saved anything with this.[/Quote]

I still can't fathum it myself. End of an Era.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

good job 30 on the site..I have to disagree with your ice water on JD in the end on your blog today..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Joe, you know me.  You and I have had some great discussions here.  The guys and gals here are the best.  But it's really annoying this way.  Sometimes I think faster than I type and after I hit the send key there's nothing I can do to correct things and that makes me crazy.  We used to have a whole list of topics and now it's been whittled down.  I'm hearing the changes were made to reduce the number of hits and thin out the membership.  Why on earth would they do that?  Why not show some guts and simply announce the board was about to close?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MSix. Show MSix's posts

Some folks form here have registered at http://bosoxboard.com. Many more have visited but not registered. I think everyone is waiting for the membership to go up before registering? Bit of a catch 22. I started that board specifically to fill in for this one while they work things out. There is no agenda there and no limit on what can be done with it. Drop by, have a look, leave a note, and by all means, make suggestions. I'm willing to add categories or forum subjects and would even welcome some help running the board as summer is my busy time and I'm limited in how much time I can spend on it. If you think it has potential and are willing to help run the board, let me know. I'll go ahead and add a suggestions section.

25. This post has been removed.