1. You have chosen to ignore posts from czap. Show czap's posts

Where is our future Catcher?

Dewey the Dip, another idiotic post. Are you a Redsox fan? You have no clue about Clay. You take one bad year and rule him done. Go back and look at all the great pitchers and see if they had any bad years. Are you really that clueless. Your posts are so lame. Do me a favor. Before you post again, have your head examined. I'll bet they find nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Our future catcher is a mystery. I think most teams have this issue. That's why the Yanks paid Posada insane money...There were no other options. Pudge is getting no love. I suggest all dads strap the tools of ignorance on their sons! Let's get cracking!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[Quote]Speaking of finding nothing, that's the exact worth Clay Buchholz had for the Boston Red Sox in 2008.

Theo Chicks, who openly say they don't care if the Sox NEVER win another world title, want to cling to useless players like Buchholz, yet they run Manny out of town and Theo drops the ball on signing Teixeira or addressing the gaping roster problems at SS, C and DH.[/Quote]

Law, why is SS gaping? Do you want the Sox to get someone else that you could hate if they don't perform? And, who would that be. You hate Lugo, I get that. Don't you like the way Lowrie played in 2008? He was a rookie and had nice moments, even playing injured. If he succeeds, that would mean Theo would get credit for his development? What do you want the Sox to do at DH? You have Ortiz. If he is injured, you would have to make a move. You can't just have a 10 million DH on your roster waiting for an injury to the starter. You wanted Salty if I recall. The Sox have chosen to resign Tek at a nice price. I believe your term "useless" is a bit strong where Clay is concerned. Even if you don't love him, he has gotten major league hitters out. Useless is B.K. Kim.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

First the catcher the Sox have in Kottaras has very similar stats to Salty and Salty has been a DH 50% of the time. So that tells you something about the guy and his ability as a defensive catcher. Have you even looked at the stats for Kottaras, Salty and Teagarden they are erily similar. So why trade a possible very good SP for a guy that you already have.
    Do you know that Brown hit 290 last year 12 HR and 55 RBI in 84 games?
    That Koby Clemens hit 270 in his first yr in A ball. Yes that is Roger's son.

Maybe just maybe the Sox next catcher is already with the organization....

Second despite the many people like law who say Clay was a bust in 08 and he is useless, never answer one question....Why is Clay always brought up by other teams when discussing trades with the RS?
    IMHO they see a strong upside to Clay just like the RS FO who won't trade him at least not in any of the packages suggested to date. I also believe the RS FO knows more about Clay than what we have seen and judge by in 2008. BTW he has been a success at all stops along the way.

Hmmmm were you agreeing with law who probably was one of the ones who wanted Pedroia sent packing in May of 2007?????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

All reports on Variteks 1 year contract with 2nd year option indicated that RS are still seeking the young catcher of the future...Ok, so Im interested in what the Red Sox are doing about that?

Have you considered Exposito?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

You said Theo signed Gagne. The correct baseball term is that he traded for him. The end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

Two of the biggest idiots on this board spewing the same drivel. Dewey doesnt have a thought of his own, just kissing law's butt. The rest of us cant explain any further why they have kept Bucholz. We told you he's one of the best pitching prospects the Red Sox have ever had. What part of that dont you get? Moronic fools with the same old story, polluting the board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[Quote]Dewey the Dip, another idiotic post. Are you a Redsox fan? You have no clue about Clay. You take one bad year and rule him done. Go back and look at all the great pitchers and see if they had any bad years. Are you really that clueless. Your posts are so lame. Do me a favor. Before you post again, have your head examined. I'll bet they find nothing.[/Quote]

I'll bet you find more bad pitchers who just came off a bad year, than good ones.

I have no stats to prove my point, but I'll stick to it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Kottaras Man! KOTTARAS!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

Here you are again, with nothing to offer. You post the same garbage on every thread.

I'll bet you find more bad pitchers who just came off a bad year, than good ones

Great insight. Typical.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AKADahGimpstah3. Show AKADahGimpstah3's posts

CZAP, you are truly endowned with cave-man-brain-in-man-world!

99th verse, same as the 1st! Glad you didnt blow me away with stats or ANY type of human intelligence! Your ignorance of the pasttime is pathetic. Please go farther away!
    from DeweyBoston

[Quote]

Uh pay the man!

DeweyBoston is new money folks.
    [/Quote]

"Caveman" is one word. "Endowned" isn't a word. "Pasttime" is incorrect. It's Pastime.

So obviously, Law can't think this guy is on the money with anything.

All of his points are invalid on ALL of his posts, as anyone who makes a typo/spelling mistake isn't worth Law's time.

Unless they bash the Red Sox, then Law quotes them as gospel.

Interesting hypocrisy.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

What Theo has done has invested a great deal of money in scouting, the draft and player development. They have a very detailed profile on Salty, Teagarten and the rest of the available catching ranks. They have targeted and prioritized. I have confidence in their decision making process. As to Bucholz, well, one basic rule of thumb is don't trade a player when his value is at an all time low. They have assessed him and apparently they believe the potential is there. I don't hear anything that positive about Salty from anyone. In fact, my sources keep stressing mediocre, mediocre, mediocre. I don't want a young mediocre catcher.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btlr. Show btlr's posts

Clay is only 24 and has plus plus pitches. He has 18 starts in the majors. Eighteen.

There is a reason that the Sox are hanging on to him and that other teams want him.

Give him a bit more of a chance before we label him "a bust" and worth nothing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

The thread is about the next catcher, and I dont think we will get Mauer, McCann or Martin. I like Jeff Clement of the mariners. He is a left handed hitter, and could really develop into a fine young backstop. Mariners have a bunch of excellent catchers and I live in Seattle, and watched him pretty regularly. He is a stud hitter. Not the best defensive catcher yet. Better than Salty!!! Way better. Because they have a great catcher in the minors, this kid is available. Lets get him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedyaz2. Show tedyaz2's posts

Carlton Fisk is available

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

".........that would mean Theo would get credit for his development?"
    The GM is reponsible for player personnel, he doesn't develop talent, he finds it.......through the scouts I might add.

Why does Theo Epstein get all the credit for the RS success? He is part of a team, an integral part, but still a part. He has nothing to do with what happens on the field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

"What Theo has done has invested a great deal of money in scouting, the draft and player development."

Another delusional poster thinking Theo runs the organization and is a one-man show.
    News Flash! Theo did not invest 1 cent.....John Henry did, why don't you give HIM some credit.

I swear, some of you have a man-crush on Theo Epstein. You probably have a thrill running up your leg at the drop of his name.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]Kottaras Man! KOTTARAS!![/Quote]

I think they'll go with whoever does best out of ST, but my guess is that they'll want to see if Kottaras brings anything to the team, and he is a lefty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbyru. Show bobbyru's posts

Law i love how you say that the Rangers asked for bucholtz. I didn't know you answered the phone for theo. Until you stop believe all the (key word) speculation, then of course you aren't going to respect theo and his moves. Respect the fact that he knows how to keep a system intact (i.e. pedroia, ells, pap, youk, lester and so on) and focus less on what you heard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

All reports on Variteks 1 year contract with 2nd year option indicated that RS are still seeking the young catcher of the future...Ok, so Im interested in what the Red Sox are doing about that?

Dewey,

It seems like just yesterday that you were interested in discussing our catching situation. But when Moonslav suggested Kottaras, and I suggested Exposito, you seemed to have disappeared.

Did you really want to discuss it, or did you have another agenda?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Atlanta!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffg316. Show jeffg316's posts

LOL yeah in Atlanta or Seattle or Minnesota. We need to try and bully our way to get mauer mccann or the kid in seattle. Really Not sure, but it seems like the catching prospects are bleak. maybe we draft a kid coming out of college who doesn't need much time in the minors.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

Who knows, Bard may turn-out to be a stud.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The reason we havent traded for a catcher is because teams are asking too much. Its as simple as that. Salty is a DH in disguise, and Monteiro has proven nothing. The only one who would make sense is Teagarden. I cant for the life of me figure out why the asking price on Salty is higher than the asking price on Teagarden, but I dont critique the Rangers, just the Sox.

Lets worry about catcher of the future in the future. We have more pressing concerns right now. IE shortstop.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Breidy:
    Dewey,

It seems like just yesterday that you were interested in discussing our catching situation. But when Moonslav suggested Kottaras, and I suggested Exposito, you seemed to have disappeared.

Did you really want to discuss it, or did you have another agenda?

Could Dewey = Law2005, who come here with one agenda which is to irk and annoy. Why don't people just realize this, don't take the bait (Gickchum) and ignore them. They would disappear if they were ignored. What is more probable flipping a coin 10 times and getting heads everytime or having someone accidently as stupid and idiotic as Law2005 is. He does it on purpose - THAT IS MY POINT.

Sections
Shortcuts