1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Where is our future Catcher?

In Atlanta!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffg316. Show jeffg316's posts

LOL yeah in Atlanta or Seattle or Minnesota. We need to try and bully our way to get mauer mccann or the kid in seattle. Really Not sure, but it seems like the catching prospects are bleak. maybe we draft a kid coming out of college who doesn't need much time in the minors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

Who knows, Bard may turn-out to be a stud.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The reason we havent traded for a catcher is because teams are asking too much. Its as simple as that. Salty is a DH in disguise, and Monteiro has proven nothing. The only one who would make sense is Teagarden. I cant for the life of me figure out why the asking price on Salty is higher than the asking price on Teagarden, but I dont critique the Rangers, just the Sox.

Lets worry about catcher of the future in the future. We have more pressing concerns right now. IE shortstop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Breidy:
    Dewey,

It seems like just yesterday that you were interested in discussing our catching situation. But when Moonslav suggested Kottaras, and I suggested Exposito, you seemed to have disappeared.

Did you really want to discuss it, or did you have another agenda?

Could Dewey = Law2005, who come here with one agenda which is to irk and annoy. Why don't people just realize this, don't take the bait (Gickchum) and ignore them. They would disappear if they were ignored. What is more probable flipping a coin 10 times and getting heads everytime or having someone accidently as stupid and idiotic as Law2005 is. He does it on purpose - THAT IS MY POINT.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[Quote]You said Theo signed Gagne. The correct baseball term is that he traded for him. The end.[/Quote]

Correct you are

Flaw's actual lie that I found:

Yeah Theo knows so much...the Gagne signing? Genius.

what a lying ignorant fool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Could Dewey = Law2005, who come here with one agenda which is to irk and annoy. ... He does it on purpose - THAT IS MY POINT.

I'm well aware of that. It's why I asked the question. I have no idea of whether or not Exposito is the answer, and I'm pretty sure Kottaras isn't.

But right now, Dewey is wondering who the heck Exposito and Kottaras are, and is wondering whether he should look these guys up so he can pretend he's interested in really discussing them, or if he should just punt.

It's like that a lot in real life. If you have someone interested in just pointing out the things that need to be done (whining), but with no interest in actually doing them (requiring real work), the best thing to do is to jump up and say 'Let's do them right now!'. Usually, the first response is 'well, not right now', and that's all you'll hear about it for a while.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

I say, if it's going to be Kotteras, start grooming him now.......otherwise trade for the best you can get.
    I still say that McCann is the best young catcher in MLB today!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from midnight. Show midnight's posts

[Quote]

".........that would mean Theo would get credit for his development?"

The GM is reponsible for player personnel, he doesn't develop talent, he finds it.......through the scouts I might add.

Why does Theo Epstein get all the credit for the RS success? He is part of a team, an integral part, but still a part. He has nothing to do with what happens on the field.

[/Quote]
    This is like saying that the CEO's of the failing banks aren't responsible for the failures because they only hired the people who caused the problems. As the GM of the organization he is responsible for player development and talent even if he has other people doing it for him. It is who he gets into those positions and how well they work with him that makes the team successful. Look at what a bad GM in this area does like the Yankee's GM who hasn't been able to bring real talent up from the minors that much in recent years. They sell talent to buy big names who only occassionally pan out. I am not arguing that the Yankees aren't a strong team, I am saying they haven't organically grown their talent, instead they have jumped through hoops to buy talent.

If recent success means anything many teams that have gone to the WS in the last decade have had significantly lower payroll than the Yankee's and a lot of homegrown talent driving the way there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

So just about every GM should be fired then Law. Let's look at just 2000 to the present time. The Red Sox are the only team to win twice and between 2000 and 2008. They have failed those other seven seasons according to your theory of failure. There are seven other teams who have won one time. They have failed eight other times. The rest of the league has failed every season since then. So therefore, if Theo deserves to be fired, so does every single GM in the league.

The Epstein Bank is set up for a long-term competitive run as well as a short term competitive run, which is why he is one of the best in the game.

Name some GMs you would rather have. (specifics, not just "any GM who isn't a pink-hatted frat boy blah blah blah)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Break time at the backroom of the Boston Globe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

You have said that Theo Epstein is 100 percent wrong, not all of his moves are wrong, but he is 100 percent wrong. By that theory he should be fired. He should be fired after winning two World Series and last year putting together a team that went to the ALCS. By that STANDARD (I am not twisting your words, but analyzing them), any GM less successful than him should be fired. Every other team in the league has succeeded less than him and are therefore bigger failures.

You would rather have KC, Oakland, Milwaukee, Anaheim or Seattle's GM running the Red Sox? Good luck to you then. You are truly insane. Billy Beane MAYBE, but my appologies, I enjoy winning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

"He (Theo) lets his fan status impair rational judgment..."

If Theo was so concerned with his fan status, would he have traded fan-favorite Nomar? Would he have let fan-favorites Pedro Martinez and Johnny Damon walk? Even though Manny was tanking it, he was still (except for after he did not run out a grounder in his final Fenway game) getting cheered by the fans. I don't think this is true. He did what he felt was best for the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

It would have to come via trade. Sox do not have anyone near in the minors that is really considered a prospect.

Look at last year draft. Three of the top players taken were catchers.

5. Geral Posey - Giants
    6. Kyle Skipworth - Florida
    10.Jason Castro - Astro

Unless the Sox get a high pick, which they will never as they are allways in contention for the WS.

Look, they got V-tek via trade.

Pudge Fisk was only the homegrown catcher in the last 35 years!

Get Salty and move on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AKADahGimpstah3. Show AKADahGimpstah3's posts

[Quote]AKA- Hilarious, Caveman is one word- thats rich, of course it was sarcasm well targeted at you and czap. Look it up! Endow is absolutely a word. Maybe its just your very own prized Cave-Man-Brain- that just isnt capable of grasing humour or the English Languauge. You write with the logic of a three year old. I feel sorry for you[/Quote]

Of course "Endow" is a word. "Endowned" isn't. But you're too stupid to read obviously.

Yet you accuse OTHERS of having the ability of a 3 year old, when EVERY POST of yours contains misused or mispelled words.

Congrats on being a hypocrite like your new buddy Law.

And by the way, where do you get that I'm not capable of 'grasing' humour? And, how do I improve?

You're saying you spell things incorrectly, and use the wrong words...for HUMOUR??

Wow. You must have a poster of Pauly Shore above your bed with that mindset.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AKADahGimpstah3. Show AKADahGimpstah3's posts

Theo had a 2007 World Championship team that only needed ONE personnel move that was within the team's grasp to make this team invincible for the next 3 seasons at the least, next 5 at the most.

He choked.--LAW

Well, I said I wouldn't comment on you. I lied.

Yet again here it is folks. Theo Epstein, who should've been fired his whole time here according to Law, had NOTHING TO DO with "a 2007 World Championship team that was one move away from a dynasty".

"Manny and the 24 Theo Screwups"==Law's evaluation of the 2007 "Verge of an invincible dynasty" Champions.

Yet you still don't understand how idiotic and contradictive your statements are....

Amazing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Our future catcher in the mind of Theo is someone he doesn't have to give up anything but a salary to get, like Mauer in 2010. Or, another mediocre young catcher later in the season like Montero if Tek and Bard fail.

Stubborness has always been one of the few faults of Theo's. Hopefully he sees someting we don't because it's getting old watching these guys struggle every year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

[Quote]

Uh...Ding Ding Ding!
    P.S. I'm not about to say that a GM who ignores Tony LaRussa's warnings about Renteria or the downside of Julio Lugo or Eric Gagne that all of MLB knew about has the ability to see anything past the tip of his nose.[/Quote]

Law,

The only beef I have with Theo is his loyalty towards aging players who have seen their best years pass them by and his stubborness to let go of certain prospects to improve a very weak area of our offense. All GM'S make mistakes, players like Renteria, Crisp, Lugo and Gagne were all decent moves on paper. There is always a risk factor of whether they can handle the pressure or a very tough infield at Fenway.

Theo is a good GM but a stubborn one like Terry is a manager when it comes to playing favorites over doing whats best for the team at times. This could be a difficult season to watch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Law
    When did you put on your pink hat and jump on the Red Sox bandwagon? The Sox went 86 years without winning anything and you are complaining because we only won 2 in the last 5 years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andre10056. Show andre10056's posts

Law2005r wrote,

"The requirement of a signed, written agreement for goods or services worth 500 dollars or more IS NOT A TECHNICALITY, it's the law."

In what jurisdiction? Where do you live so that you would write that?

In many jurisdictions, there is such a requirement for a sale of goods over $500. But "services" as well?

Again, in what jurisdiction?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from youngdavid74. Show youngdavid74's posts

[Quote]
    More garbage from the dumpstah.

I never said Theo should have been fired 'this whole time'...anybody who wants a job should have a chance to get one. However, there are these things we in the working world (Theo Chicks excluded) know as performance issues.
    This means that being right 30% of the time and being wrong 70% of the time and making a foundational mistake that costs your organization a significant chance to succeed at its maximum for the next 3-5 years gets people not named Theo Epstein or George W. Bush FIRED. *and yes we know to fire Bush Congress and the Senate would have had to exercise its Constitutioinal authority*
    Yay, Theo got a chance to be GM. When it became apparent that he wasn't up to the task, like any employee in over their heads and hurting the bottom line of the organization, he should have been fired. Period.
    Yet Theo Chicks continue smearing lipstick on the 3 legged coarse haired animal oinking in the pen and insisting its not a pig.

[/Quote]

Performance issues? Who else has won more since 2002 when he came to Boston? Nobody! Thats your argument? Whatever your smoking must be good!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

"Are the Sox ever going to get serious about this catching situation?"

..."trip"...

Its not happenin & we need a catcher! Am I alone on this point?"

=====================

No trip, turnip! Arguably the most difficult, important and under-manned position in the game and always has been. When has there ever been even 8 elite catchers in a season? How often have elite catchers been traded? How many times have teams signed released/unsigned catchers that became stars like Ortiz, Tiant, and many others have?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

just had a good chuckle at that fool flaw. Watching him squirm and "move goalposts" all over the place as he tried to explain his idiotic blunder of calling the Gagne TRADE a "Theo signing" It is fun to watch a complete fool scream excuses and more lies at the masses as they smirk and laugh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Could joebreidy = Stalin or Hitler?

He is really annoying free thinkers everywhere...but I am flattered that by writing 33% of the posts as the AKA/ Breidy bunch, I have intimidated them.

Do you have anything of interest to add on the thread that you started? I asked if you had anything you wanted to discuss about Kottaras and/or Exposito, and I'm Stalin or Hitler? LOL!

If you want to discuss the catching situation, please feel free to do so.

If you don't want to discuss the catching situation, that's fine also. But it would make it easier on everyone if you'd put in a disclaimer that you have no interest in discussing whatever thread you started.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah Theo knows so much...the Gagne signing?

hahahahahaha