1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mistercharlietoldmeso. Show Mistercharlietoldmeso's posts

Re: Which Baseball Team Do You Prefer As a Wild-Card/ Yanks Or Tampa?

In Response to Re: Which Baseball Team Do You Prefer As a Wild-Card/ Yanks Or Tampa?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Baseball Team Do You Prefer As a Wild-Card/ Yanks Or Tampa? : As the link posted above documents, the average age of both teams is 28.5.  This seems to contradict your confident assertion above. 
    Posted by newenglanderinexile[/QUOTE]

Yes..it does...but I was pointing out the prior posters confident contradiction...
    The Yanks are not OLD...unless you consider the Sox old...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mistercharlietoldmeso. Show Mistercharlietoldmeso's posts

In Response to Re: Which Baseball Team Do You Prefer As a Wild-Card/ Yanks Or Tampa?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Baseball Team Do You Prefer As a Wild-Card/ Yanks Or Tampa? : You're quick. It only took you an hour and a half to figure that out, after posting the first thing that popped into your head, of course.
    Posted by niz58.[/QUOTE]

You will have to excuse me if I do not sit in front of my computer in anticipation
    of witty replies like yours....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mistercharlietoldmeso. Show Mistercharlietoldmeso's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Baseball Team Do You Prefer As a Wild-Card/ Yanks Or Tampa? : Maybe you should check the accuracy of your statements before making them.  It is not that hard to find out the average age of MLB teams. 
    Posted by newenglanderinexile[/QUOTE]

Please...this like Iran calling the west dangerous....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mobbdeep. Show mobbdeep's posts

In Response to Which Baseball Team Do You Prefer As a Wild-Card/ Yanks Or Tampa?:
    [QUOTE]The Yanks new slogan is now well known around the country... we can beat anyone, but we can't beat Boston and the Angels. We have a perfect record  this year against the winter champion Yanks. Apparently, Boston vs Yanks is a mismatch right now. On the other hand, we have the Tampa Bay Rays. They don't need any introduction because they always find a way to beat us lately. In fact, Joe Maddon is known as Francona's Daddy because of his success against Francona. But fortunately, Josh Beckett and David Ortiz are not ailing this year- and (hopefully) Mike Lowell won't miss the playoffs this year. So Joe Maddon isn't getting free lunch anymore. But, honestly which team do you prefer to face as a Wild Card team A-Rod and the Yanks or Carl Crawford and the Rays???
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817[/QUOTE]

Oh Smiley, what are you going to do if the Sox don't even make it to the playoffs..Not likely, but in baseball it can happen.  Either way, if the Sox or the Yanks make it into the playoffs as wild card teams, they won't play each other until the second round (ALCS).  So, it is possible that they might both be eliminated in the ALDS so i wouldnt be quick to say that the Sox will actually be meeting the Rays or the Yankees in the playoffs.  Still have a long way to go..But i know that you got a hard on for the Yanks since every post of yours has to have something to do with the Yanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THE RAYS HAVE HAD OUR #...... BUT EITHER ONE WILL NE TOUGH IN A SHORT SERIES !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

I would prefer to watch the Yanks miss the play-offs again and then exact some revenge against TB for last year.  Really though it doesn't matter.  There is a 50% chance, making the HUGE assumption the Sox win the division, that they wouldn't face the Yanks/Rays anyway.  If they do, no matter who it is, the team that pitches the best will win.  Can we not get ahead of ourselves here......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Which Baseball Team Do You Prefer As a Wild-Card/ Yanks Or Tampa? : Oh Smiley, what are you going to do if the Sox don't even make it to the playoffs..Not likely, but in baseball it can happen.  Either way, if the Sox or the Yanks make it into the playoffs as wild card teams, they won't play each other until the second round (ALCS).  So, it is possible that they might both be eliminated in the ALDS so i wouldnt be quick to say that the Sox will actually be meeting the Rays or the Yankees in the playoffs.  Still have a long way to go..But i know that you got a hard on for the Yanks since every post of yours has to have something to do with the Yanks.
    Posted by mobbdeep[/QUOTE]

Oh Smiley, what are you going to do if the Sox don't
    even make it to the playoffs..

Don´t worry, I will be right here if I´m
    still breathing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Hummmm let me think...... Rays. After 03 and 04 I don't want to play the Yanks anymore. I prefer them to miss the playoffs. Last place would even be better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Baseball Team Do You Prefer As a Wild-Card/ Yanks Or Tampa? : Oh s*ck it up!! Both of those series were awesome baseball!!
    Posted by niz58.[/QUOTE]

Oh they were great series. I prefer the Yankees being in last place. Isn't better to have a team like the Yankees with a 200 million plus payroll finish last?? I know our's is right behind, but they still are the Yankees.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]Hummmm let me think...... Rays. After 03 and 04 I don't want to play the Yanks anymore. I prefer them to miss the playoffs. Last place would even be better.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Oh s*ck it up!! Both of those series were awesome baseball!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

um, lets finish the regular season before we start picking opponents in the ALCS

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jim-Halpert. Show Jim-Halpert's posts

[QUOTE]We could easily be the wild card, which would be OK with me.  Getting to the playoffs are the key. I honestly think the Rays are better than the Yankees, strange as that sounds.  Better fielding, more speed overall, aggressive offense, good starting pitching.  The Yankees are better hitters--right now, they have the best lineup in MLB--but their pitching is suspect.  The Taiwanese guy is out.  Chamberlain is back in the pen.  Burnett and Sabathia haven't been up to their ridiculous salaries, and in my opinions they aren't as good as Beckett and Lester.  Pettite can be had--very good control, but not very good stuff, so is always trying to nip the corners.    Hughes could be good, but he's young.   
    Posted by M1A2[/QUOTE]

Chamberlain is back in the pen?  Really?  When did that happen?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Yankees, just because their starters, who might look good on paper by the end of the season, are prone to choke post-season.  Esp. C.C. "Cheeseburger Cheeseburger" Sabbathia.  Now if they get Halladay, that's a different story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Another day, another dollar. Again, Which Baseball
    Team Do You Prefer As a Wild-Card/ Yanks Or Tampa?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Smiley,  youre a little premature, dude! Posted by dewey007boston[/QUOTE]..something his girfriend says quite often..Wink.....J/K Beni..you da man!!...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dabro. Show Dabro's posts

Smiles, you and I know what it means to root for the best organization in baseball and the best GM in baseball.  I still feel we need an upgrade at the deadline due to Lowell and other health issues.  We will see.  Keep posting your great threads.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillLee37. Show BillLee37's posts

Don't care. Sox can beat them both.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dewey007boston. Show dewey007boston's posts

Smiley, dont count our chickens before theyre hatched... it has been gratifying to see a couple of games this year. The Sox handling NY easily is nice, but if you are assuming Sox win the division, youre a little premature, dude! On another note, Buch did OK last night when measured on the dice k 5 innings only scale. Dice and Buch could team up for every start and they could finsh a few games. It is ironic that Clay needed 103 pitches through 5 innings for the win. Lets hope we can stretch out performances from both starters before the ALCS, if we earn the right to be there. Gotta love the Boston Red Sox, Gotta respect the Yanks as well!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to Which Baseball Team Do You Prefer As a Wild-Card/ Yanks Or Tampa?:
    [QUOTE]The Yanks new slogan is now well known around the country... we can beat anyone, but we can't beat Boston and the Angels. We have a perfect record  this year against the winter champion Yanks. Apparently, Boston vs Yanks is a mismatch right now. On the other hand, we have the Tampa Bay Rays. They don't need any introduction because they always find a way to beat us lately. In fact, Joe Maddon is known as Francona's Daddy because of his success against Francona. But fortunately, Josh Beckett and David Ortiz are not ailing this year- and (hopefully) Mike Lowell won't miss the playoffs this year. So Joe Maddon isn't getting free lunch anymore. But, honestly which team do you prefer to face as a Wild Card team A-Rod and the Yanks or Carl Crawford and the Rays???
    THE RANGERS DORK!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

[QUOTE]Smiles, you and I know what it means to root for the best organization in baseball and the best GM in baseball.  I still feel we need an upgrade at the deadline due to Lowell and other health issues.  We will see.  Keep posting your great threads.
    Posted by Dabro[/QUOTE]

For some unknown reasons... I have the feeling
    that Victor Martinez is landing in Boston...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

[QUOTE]um, lets finish the regular season before we start picking opponents in the ALCS
    Posted by bchan89[/QUOTE]

We???

Are you talking about the Yanks???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

We could easily be the wild card, which would be OK with me.  Getting to the playoffs are the key.

I honestly think the Rays are better than the Yankees, strange as that sounds.  Better fielding, more speed overall, aggressive offense, good starting pitching.  The Yankees are better hitters--right now, they have the best lineup in MLB--but their pitching is suspect.  The Taiwanese guy is out.  Chamberlain is back in the pen.  Burnett and Sabathia haven't been up to their ridiculous salaries, and in my opinions they aren't as good as Beckett and Lester.  Pettite can be had--very good control, but not very good stuff, so is always trying to nip the corners.    Hughes could be good, but he's young.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tedyaz1. Show tedyaz1's posts

How is that going?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

Sections
Shortcuts