1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Who does the Sullivan Tire commercials?

�������������� Who is that? Paul Sullivan? "Night of the Living Dead." I thought the ones with Tito were some of the most provincial, stupidest ads I'd ever seen but the one I just saw with the balding Pedroia was as bad or worse. Who writes the dialogue for these things. For a wealthy franchise the Red Sox still have some of the hokiest people and hokiest ads I've ever seen............Paul Sullivan looks like he's on life support....................You think the Red Sox show that trophy enough? They are like WWF I swear. Ever hear of the Brahmins of Boston? The Red Sox ought to be playing in� Worcestor or Brockton. Here they are they've got Harvard, MIT................all these sophisticated Colleges and their presentation is something you'd find in Kansas City................C'mon. A little sophistication and class boys. Pass the tea.������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������ -W-����������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

��������������������������������������Now you think I don't like the Red Sox. Not true. I like and respect the Red Sox. I find it humorous though that a franchise from one of the highest educated, most sophisticated�populations �in the world likes to present their baseball team as an "oh shucks. Gee whiz."Enterprise. Get your Red Sox cap and your little Red Sox poster and smile and come to the game. "We cheer our little town team on no matter what." "We camp and wait in line for four days just to get a glimpse of our Red Sox.".................Talk about Provincial.................I'm a Yankee fan. Do I have a Yankee cap? No. Do I have a Yankee bumper sticker on my car? No. Do I have a poster of the Yankees in my bedroom? Um. No...........................The Red Sox remind me of a little Triple AAA franchise in Iowa or something. Gee whiz. Where is the cynicism guys?������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������ -W-

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskjold. Show dskjold's posts

Why are you picking on the Red Sox?�The Red Sox don't have anything to do with Sullivan Tire...ST just advertises with them, and in a market the size of Boston probably uses an ad agency to write and produce their spots.Now, here comes the part that's tough to swallow. Tthe spots obviously work, and the agency is doing nothing more than playing to the level of its audience.As further proof that the RS don't have anything to do with the commercials, when you see Tito or any other player, chances are he isn't wearing anything that identifies him as a Red Sox.� All sports franchises are very protective of their brand, and don't allow their athletes to wear any part of the uniform when acting outside club activities.��

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskjold. Show dskjold's posts

Ahhh, didn't realize you were a Yankee fan...well then consider this.� The Red Sox have no control over who among them appears in a commercial, but the Yankees themselves�choose their play by play people.Talk about goobers.�

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildyellow1. Show wildyellow1's posts

No kidding....Mr. Sullivan, the line is "we're HERE to get you THERE" or " WE'RE HERE to get YOU THERE"� not �" WE'RE here to get you THERE" Has anyone tried to explain this to you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dotirish72. Show dotirish72's posts

What on earth does the quality of the spots on NESN have to do with the fans or the city? NESN is a glorified public access channel when it is not showing live action. Who cares? I have no problem with local businesses buying the ad space and players helping them out. BFD. YES isn't exactly a highly professional production.

Sections
Shortcuts