1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

who frustrates you the most?

Who frustrates you most on the Red Sox?

ALL players have their ups and downs during the 162 game season, that is a given.� But, what player do you just cringe when they are in the game?�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttaplaydtoast. Show buttaplaydtoast's posts

easily lugo, he's just awful.� should've kept alex gonzalez to keep shortstop warm for lowrie, now he's blocked, nice work theo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from intcom. Show intcom's posts

Good point. And what is the story behind why the Sox let Alex G go?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Naughty, naughty, never denegrate Mike( I have a 27.00 ERA ) Timlin on this board. There are people here who want to have his baby. The fact that he is 42 going on 52 doesn't deter his ardant admirers. sooner or later they will come around, he is washed up full stop. He will get better when the weather gets warmer, but so will everybody else. Theo needs to seriously look at guys over 40, before he signs them. Schilling( gee isn't he a bargain) and Timlin.�Wakefield, sure but he throws a 72 mph fastball, not exactly body destroying. he is not there for his fastball THEO, unlike Timlin and Schilling. Oh sorry I forgot Schilling is on the DL. �

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from woobie2. Show woobie2's posts

Good point about Timlin.� Despite his putrid performances over the last two years, and currently leading the team with a 27.00 ERA, he has legions of fans on this board.� I don't get it, but it is a fact.What bothers me more than his ineptness, and being brought in when the game is still within reach, (third time in less than a week), is the fact that he announced to the press that his pitches were "great" last night (his own words, I heard him), but they just hit them.... this poor soul is in serious denial and the best thing management could do is let this guy go.� He and Tavarez are the shovels that are digging us a hole.� The bullpen as a whole is bad, but these two will bury us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

You make a good point.� This is entertainment though man.� It is obvious that people constantly contradict themselves and make far reaching statements depending on their mood.� Unless of course you are firefligh, then you would make it a ppoint to surf these boards as a pariah of the people, a beacon of light for all RSN.� A mother goose even when it's cooked.As for your post:� The bigger the font, the smaller the >>>>>>

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

In order:

1.� Timlin - he gets #1 honors because he has stunk for a couple ofyears and he still hanging around stinking it up, while saying hethinks he pitched well. Ugh!
    2.� Lester
    3.� Lugo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncool926. Show uncool926's posts

Soxfan,

Yeah, you're absolutely right about Lugo glaring at umps. I saw that call last night too and cringed when he tried to make it seem like he was the only one who knew what was going on...

The word on Cabrera was that he had an eye for the sweet young things...a little TOO young, if you know what I'm saying. The Latin community of Greater Boston approached the Sox management and said either he goes or there's going to be trouble.

Next season, he was GONE.

That's what I heard. Only thing that makes sense, right? It wasn't his glove that was getting him into trouble...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from iiicase. Show iiicase's posts

John Farrell...I know he is not a player, but WHEN is he going to be held responsible for the sorry state of our pitching staff?� Night after night after night the first 2 innings of almost any Red Sox pitcher is dreadful, like they are pitching batting practice to the other team.� I don't get the media fascination with Farrell; all parts of his staff, except for Papelbon and Okijima, routinely appear unprepared.�

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

And at least 12 gifts from the home official scorer that should have been errors! Lugo is the one that makes me tear out my hair (what little is left).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

It used to be Crisp by a long shot, but he has come around slightly at the plate lately. Now, hands down it is Lugo. I can't remember the last time he hit the something real hard out of the infield.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tahoepow. Show tahoepow's posts

Because he couldn't hit peroid. Played great defense though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cptn9x. Show cptn9x's posts

im not crazy about Lugo either but he did have more rbi's last year than did St. Derek

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

He did his first year, his defense last year changed all of that!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

All players have their ups and downs in a long long season.� I guess there is a distiction between short term frustration.� Lugo is the first that comes to mind who is the long term category.� All the ones you said fall into the short term category...or as I remind myself "them the breaks".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

what� if I posted this after Tuesday's game?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

Look at Josh Beckett his first year and then agai last year?� Still frustrated with Farrell?� Routinely April and May are the months middle relief is wobbly.� All of MLB teams seems to have that problem.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

I agree!� Look at Josh Beckett's first year and last year!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slikrick04. Show slikrick04's posts

I'm still getting Gagne out of my system from last year. ���� So far this year, everyone is fine with me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

I know everyone wants Jon Lester to do well and I think lots of people won't say too much about him negatively.� But, Jon Lester rarely pitches beyond the 5th inning and routinely the 4th inning.� So what can you say?� He is at the least a work in progress.

I am not a fan of Timlin for the reasons you state.� But in April and May middle relief seems to be a problem for most MLB teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

Lugo seems to have a lot of bad habits from his time in Tampa Bay where he seemed to think of himself as a seasoned player on a team full of youth.� Which he was there but here?� STOP IT!! � I wonder if he has the baseball instinct at times as well.� I think Jacoby picks his spots to steal whereas Lugo just seems to run into an out A LOT!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

it used to be drew because he had a terrible swing and would fall for the same pitch over and over and over again, but since hes on a roll im gonna have to say ortiz. Lugo is close, but his avg is over 100 points better than papis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncool926. Show uncool926's posts

JacqueStrappe,Great username, btw, among many on this list. Rumor had it that Foulkie's appendage was so riddled with the HPV it looked like a sea cucumber. No one wanted anything to do with anything he had something to do with.� I stand by my original account of OCab's exploits. �

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from woobie2. Show woobie2's posts

Thank you for the kind words joe, AGAINEven you with your blind devotion to Timlin must realize that when he lets in inherited runners, even with his meatballs that are hit out of the park, which he is prone to do, he does not get "credited" with that runner, as unfair as that is.� Thus his ERA can be very misleading.� Better to cite the many inherited runners he has allowed to score or even his current 27.00 ERA.� Better yet, just "cherry pick" the games he does not blow up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from woobie2. Show woobie2's posts

The foolishness here is that ANYONE would use the words Timlin and dominant in the same sentence.�� You can pick his spots but there was a stretch last year when his ERA hit double digits.� That is a fact.� His ERA now is 27.00.� He is 43 and an old 43 at that.� He is a disaster with runners on base.� I am not alone in this thinking - I would say you are.