1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Who is law?????

beavis found him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Who is law?????

sox fan on subway by you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

Who is law?????

I'm guessing Law is a Boston.com employee, whose sole job is to generate traffic on this sub-standard message board.

He's quite good at his job, evidently.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Who is law?????

ComicBookGuy.jpg picture by chilliwings

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Who is law?????

We actually had someone in here recently who claimed that his IP address was indeed at the Globe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Who is law?????

[Quote]We actually had someone in here recently who claimed that his IP address was indeed at the Globe.[/Quote]

I don't buy it, not for a second. If the Globe has planted posters I don't think they would be as robust (in good ways and bad) as The Law. I've posted before that if I had to guess one name that was a plant to encourage chat it would be 27NYYrings....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

Who is law?????

[Quote]But the sad truth is, as long as he elicits responses from all of us, as long as he actually gets our goats enough that we make threads like this one, he will continue to dominate this board with his wierd vitriol and endless hammering of the same infantile positions. It would really be such a better board if we let him post his Theo Chick rants and raves without comment.[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Who is law?????

[Quote]But the sad truth is, as long as he elicits responses from all of us, as long as he actually gets our goats enough that we make threads like this one, he will continue to dominate this board with his wierd vitriol and endless hammering of the same infantile positions. It would really be such a better board if we let him post his Theo Chick rants and raves without comment.[/Quote]

Yes and no. There are a number of posters whose style I like and opinions I generally agree with....but a forum comprised of only those "like me" would be horribly boring and fail due to lack of interest.

On the other end of the spectrum, the "tedyaz"'s of the world have zero value.

It's the middle ground that's most interesting (which is counter-intuitive to all actual endeavour....hey! that's we're posting rather than doing!!) ....different views expressed for legit reasons in a reasonable way, no matter how forcefully. I enjoy Jete's contributions a lot....here to talk baseball...I also enjoy Softlaw's recent contributions whereas I once felt his posts were too deliberately contrarian...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Who is law?????

I say he's older....mid 40's I'd wager. He's an avid reader, probably enjoys fiction mostly but also some non-fiction, mostly political/historical works. Politically conservative but with a libertarian bent. Very bright, up on the issues of the day and ready to discuss most topics with a fair amount of competence. His friends would say he's highly opinionated, but I'm guessing he's far pushier on this message board than he comes across as in person. Good to his friends, likely has a good sense of humor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Who is law?????

The epitome of flaw AKA Captain Prediction:

[Quote] Theo and the Sox FO drew this proverbial 8:30am Friday line in the sand, after initially setting a Saturday deadline in some attempt to show Boras who wears the pants? To make Varitek bow down and take the crumbs off the table? (how many players has Theo done this with?)

No matter what happens now, Varitek just exposed Theo Epstein as a child, with no real authority and more ego than sense.

I don't care who set the deadline. Out of respect and KNOWING that you have no REAL choice for catcher at this point, the GM should have taken that off the table or at least kept it out of the press/denied that there was a deadline. Either way its another blunder by the Sox GM. [Quote]

[Quote] Not having a catcher back there who's up to the task of at least calling the game behind the plate is going to be COSTLY. [Quote]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Who is law?????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Who is law?????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Who is law?????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Who is law?????

idiot fukka!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Who is law?????

[Quote]

Yes and no. There are a number of posters whose style I like and opinions I generally agree with....but a forum comprised of only those "like me" would be horribly boring and fail due to lack of interest.

On the other end of the spectrum, the "tedyaz"'s of the world have zero value.

It's the middle ground that's most interesting (which is counter-intuitive to all actual endeavour....hey! that's we're posting rather than doing!!) ....different views expressed for legit reasons in a reasonable way, no matter how forcefully. I enjoy Jete's contributions a lot....here to talk baseball...I also enjoy Softlaw's recent contributions whereas I once felt his posts were too deliberately contrarian...[/Quote]

You are absolutely right to take issue with censoring extreme points of view. That is indeed what makes things lively. But look at how many threads on the board right devolve into namecalling, angry barbs, and completely off-topic bickering when Law is involved. that, I don't think, adds to the robustness of the give and take here. I really don't care to read it all.

On the other hand, I appreciate Law playing foil to my own view that Theo Epstein is a really good GM. I would love to debate that. So, your point is taken. I just wish people wouldn;t respond so personally to his juvenile way of trying to assert his view.