1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Why did the front office lie about Beckett?

I think the reason for all the smoke and mirrors regarding an alleged injury to Beckett is that it's all BS. The Sox are trying to get Beckett over his despair after having such a crap outing his last time out, and this psychobabble is the result. I for one hope it works, but I'm more inclined to say that Josh needs to be a big grown up boy and stop trying to hide behind a phantom injury. He has fallen into some of the same bad habits he had in 2006, and the solution will be found in correcting these-not in resting him because he's lost his confidence. But if it works I say it was all worth it. If it doesn't, and Josh continues to miss starts and we don't make the playoffs, we'll all know that this is a big reason why.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I really don't think they lied on this one, just wanted to make sure the best doc to make the real diagnosis was able to. I'm sure he did have tingling or whatever.

I think it is hypocritical to say the close mouthed and genuinely misleading injury reports and interviews given out by the Patriots coaching staff are intelligent strategy to keep opponents guessing as long as possible and than take serious issue with the Sox possibly doing something similar (tho i don't think they did)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The Sox are trying to get Beckett over his despair after having such a crap outing his last time out, and this psychobabble is the result.

I'll go out on a limb and assume this is sarcasm?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I don't understand how a guy can be given a clean bill of health , yet they send him to the DL, and push his next start back another week.

There could well be an issue, but these particular questions are easily answered.

Past the point to which they are backdating you, there is no downside to the DL. Maybe you hold off for a week, because you think he'll be back in 7 days, but once you reach 10, and he isn't in line to pitch until the 15th, then there is no reason not to use the roster spot for the 5 day difference.

As far as pushing his start back another few days, or even another two weeks, his readiness for the POs is much more important than whether or not he faces the WS, TX, or anyone else. If this was Wake or Byrd, you throw caution to the wind. Beckett is throwing games 1 & 5 against LAA, and pushing his starts up at all would be senselessly risky.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreamer007. Show dreamer007's posts

[Quote]

I think Joebriedey answered my question best.

Yes they did lie. But it most likely serves their best interest to lie. I understand that , I just wanted other people's opinions on the reasons why.

Zillagod a video game with monsters, hey I like that great idea! Sadly it has nothing to do with video games or Hideki Matsui , just an anagram for "Godzilla" that happens to be one of my favorite songs by Blue Oyster Cult.

I played poker quite a bit in my younger days, and I suffer no paranoias , healthy , unhealthy or otherwise.

Am I upset about Manny being traded? Well yes. He is one heck of a hitter , and a very entertaining player ( I do watch baseball to be entertained) I think Bay is a good young player but dull compared to Manny.That does not mean I have given up hope , I think this team can win without Manny, but I just hate the way this FO always turns our superstars into villians( Damon, Pedro , Lowe, Nomar in addition to Manny ) I understand that it is a business, but I do get attached to these guys who are here for a while and win us a lot of games.

it seems unfair to compare jason bay to
    manny... are you not happy with bay's
    production so far?
    were you not entertained with that nice
    number one web gem of his, where he
    timed his jump at the wall perfectly...
    jason bay also has some pretty good
    wheels ...
    [/Quote]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bert0529. Show Bert0529's posts

[Quote]I think the reason for all the smoke and mirrors regarding an alleged injury to Beckett is that it's all BS. The Sox are trying to get Beckett over his despair after having such a crap outing his last time out, and this psychobabble is the result. I for one hope it works, but I'm more inclined to say that Josh needs to be a big grown up boy and stop trying to hide behind a phantom injury. He has fallen into some of the same bad habits he had in 2006, and the solution will be found in correcting these-not in resting him because he's lost his confidence. But if it works I say it was all worth it. If it doesn't, and Josh continues to miss starts and we don't make the playoffs, we'll all know that this is a big reason why.[/Quote]

Please confirm that this is a gag post. Please.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gready. Show Gready's posts

Enough of this baseball talk. The Yanks are dead. We aren't gonna catch Tampa Bay. We have a shot against the Angels in the playoffs. We'll be there.

So now let's discuss half time of the Super Bowl. Will Springsteen be better than Tom Petty. What do you think?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gready. Show Gready's posts

• Enough baseball talk for now.
    • Yanks are dead
    • We can't catch TB
    • We will make the playoffs, the Angels will be tough
    For now, let's discuss Super Bowl Half time

• Which songs will Bruce Springsteen play?
    • Will his show be better than Tom Petty's
    • Who will perform in the 2010 Super Bowl
    Let's change the subject