1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Will Brady attend the games?

Just curious if anyone has heard if brady will attend the games and be down on the field? With him having such a big impact on the team I would like too see him still be a huge part of the team by being down with them for both home and away games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttaplaydtoast. Show buttaplaydtoast's posts

i was wondering this too the other day. i'm guessing he won't be around and will be off somewhere with giselle so she can nurse him and who can blame him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldenlou. Show waldenlou's posts

You know that is something I've always wondered too. Once he has the surgery I doubt he'd be on the field, god forbid anyone ran into him right after his surgery! I'm still in shock over the whole thing! Basically the last 2 games the Pats have played have been difficult for any fan to watch!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I guess there are two schools of thought on this of course.
    Yes, I think it would be great to have him on the sidelines in the locker room as much as he can be there. I do think based on what I know of his personality and attention to the game that it would benefit the team immensely and Tom himself.
    To have the kind of season ending injury he has in the first quarter of the first game after that horrible super bowl... well I think he could really use his football smarts for good by staying present to this team. Also he apparently has a close relationship with Cassell, which I think could only help.

And there there is the NO to Tom being around, which I guess the thinking would be Tom would be a distraction to the team, and the team would be a distraction to Tom. In a month or so anyway he is going to have to concentrate on some heavy duty rehab to get back to form. And the team could very well experience a significant let down with Tom on the side with Cassell or any other QB, who is NOT Tom Brady.

Here's to Ton's health and recovery!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42Giants. Show 42Giants's posts

when Shockey got hurt for the Giants, they said for insurance reasons, he could not be on the sidelines.

If someone ran into him, he could get hurt. If he has crutches, which he probably will, the crutch could injure another player or official.

I do wish him the best of luck in his recovery...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from morecowbell. Show morecowbell's posts

Brady's first and only priority should be a speedy recovery. As such he needs to take his doctors' advice. Presumably after they do the surgery on the knee he'll be completely off his feet for at least several weeks to a month. So he misses those games anyway. Then he should be focusing on rehab. In short, I think both Brady and the Patriots are better served if he stays focused on getting back to game shape for 2009. And if Cassell needs a pep talk, I'm sure Brady has his cell #.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DunNaGael. Show DunNaGael's posts

I heard Tom has dumped Giselle and is pursuing Sarah Palin so he'll be on the campaign trail this fall too busy to show up at games. mmmmmm, that's a good moose stew honey. I bet the cavemen made stew just like this with dinnosaur meat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Let me first say hahahahahahahahahahahaha to DunNaGael lol

Now you better beleave Tom Brady will be on the sidelines maybe not every game but he will be there to support not only this team but Matt Cassel as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waltham781. Show Waltham781's posts

Brady was at practice yesterday

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill1011. Show Bill1011's posts

It should be up to Josh and Matt. Will Brady's presence help them significantly? Do they need him in the film room, up in the coach's booth, or watching from the field?

It's probably enough for Tom to stay home, watch some film, and talk with Josh and Matt on the phone.

Keep the knee still.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from frosty1212. Show frosty1212's posts

think they would want him elevating the leg instead of standing around for close to 4 hours

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620. Show ml2620's posts

My guess is he might attend practices and team meetings, but not the games. It's cold (not good for the healing process), it's a liability for the team and it would distract the media from the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

ABSOLUTELY NOT! I WANT HIM OFF THE FIELD AND OFF HIS FOOT, RESTING AND RECUPERATING FOR 2009!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Put him in the press box and connect that communication system to him. Then as the ball is snapped Brady can survey the field and whisper in Cassell's ear what to do as the play unfolds. Communication gate!!! "Poof"

Oh just being stupid for a minute.

My guess is he will (for the next month or so) being going in (to Foxboro) for supervised therapy and the required exercise for knee injuries prior to surgery. From what I know, the MCL will heal with therapy in about 4-6 weeks without any surgical procedure (whereas an ACL can only be repaired via surgery in the form of a graft). It's typical (as was written) that the ACL surgery is postponed for a period of time to (1) allow swelling to alleviate and (2) to allow the MCL or other ligaments a chance to heal. Once the ACL surgery is performed, the recovery/rehab, etc is more effective with an already healed MCL.

Also, in general....therapy tailored for these types of injuries (ACL) whether an MCL is involved or not is helped by a period of pre-surgery rehab.

If things were really bad (they are reasonably assured there is no other damage...but won't be 100% assured until the surgery) they would have performed the surgery within days....ala Carson Palmer. Palmer's knee had so much damage that he wouldn't have been able to do any pre-surgery rehab, so they just operated right away. Granted there might be some cartilidge damage (Brady) but it will be minimal if the MRI didn't pick it up.

So once surgery is complete there will be a period of recovery followed by a long rehab process that will involve (I surmise) him going to Foxboro.

So to answer the question he will probably be around a little to offer guidance, but he'll be on his own schedule. It will not be business as usual as his 'job' will be to rehab. I'm sure the burden for prep will fall with Cassell and I'm sure he'll call, text or speak briefly with Tom for his ideas. That will be it. I don't see Brady 'game planning' or sitting thru meeting after meeting he'll be too busy.