1. You have chosen to ignore posts from judgy. Show judgy's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

I AGREE WITH U THIS GUY[WILLI MO] IS BRUTAL.....GIVE THE KID ANOTHER START[JAKE]....HE'S THE FUTURE......WE NEED HIS SPEED.....WATCHING HIM ON THE WEEKEND ...HE REMINDS ME OF GRADY SIZEMORE....AND WE ALSO HAVE A GEM IN DUSTIN....PLAY THE KIDS....GO SOX!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

Make that 4 strike outs and 5 men LOB.

Trade him, release him, do anything but play him. The WMP experience should be over by now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

I have to agree.. I've seen enough of WMP. There has got to be a better option in the minors for a right handed hitter off the bench.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

I have to agree.. I've seen enough of WMP. There has got to be a better option in the minors for a right handed hitter off the bench.

Yep. Either Beck or Wake at this point. Shoot, I'm half convinced that MDC or DiceK could do better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from judgy. Show judgy's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

As long as red sox management doesn't make [Jake] ...as part of a package in a trade ...this kid could turn out to be a future star...grady sizemore started out the same and he's now a all star...and has a bright future....GO SOX.....FROM A CANADIAN WHO LIVES AND BREATHES FOR THE RED SOX!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefedsox. Show thefedsox's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

Pena looked so lost up there today, he must have thought he was in Kansas and not Boston. Better yet, maybe he should be. He has zero value on the Sox in the post season and beyond, and its time to cut bait and give the roster spot up to someone who might be a better last man on the bench.

Hopefully Arroyo will get DFA'ed from the Reds too, that way the trade can be considered null and void.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

Trade him, release him, do anything but play him. The WMP experience should be over by now.

Six of the Texas Rangers' seven most frequently used relievers have ERAs of 4.02 or lower despite pitching half their games in an extreme hitters' ballpark.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/stats/sortable_player_stats.jsp?teamPosCode=all&statType=2&timeFrame=1&Submit=Submit&c_id=tex&sitSplit=&venueID=&baseballScope=WS2&timeSubFrame=2007&&sortByStat=G

Wily Mo Pena won't fetch an Eric Gagne or an Akinori Otsuka, but the Red Sox could set modest sights on someone such as 36-year-old Ron Mahay, who has an ERA of 2.33 in 19 appearances this year.

In 2006, Mahay struck out nearly a batter per inning and this year has 22 strikeouts in 27 innings of work. Mahay, who came up in the Red Sox organization and pitched well for Boston in 1997 and 1998, has a career ERA of under 4.00.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/M/Ron-Mahay.shtml

A lefthander, Mahay has been tough on righthand hitters as well as lefthand hitters, although he walks righthand hitters at a higher rate.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5395/splits;_ylt=ArW5sE47X.6I.9r2D.kfQsqFCLcF?year=career&type=Pitching

Last November, Texas exercised its $1.2 million option on Mahay, whose contract expires at the end of this season. Pena is owed $1.875 million this year and is eligible for arbitration in the offseason before becoming a free agent following the 2008 season.

Pena might thrive in a DH role in the friendly confines of The Ballpark in Arlington. Of course, Sammy Sosa would be forced back into the outfield, move that has its own drawbacks.

There are plenty of Ron Mahays out there who could help the Red Sox bullpen. I simply pulled Mahay's name to illustrate one option.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

Although Ellsbury would be nice to keep around the need is for a right handed power hitter to come off the bench. Hinske can play the corner outfield postions and Drew can play center field. Problem is that they are both left handed hitters as is Ellsbury. If WMP is DFA'd or released the only right handed hitter is the backup catcher and we know how well he is hitting.

Ellsbury needs to be back in Pawtucket where he can continue his development , He will be back in September and very well may be in the outfield next season. He could play center while COCO is moved to left. I think Manny finally gets his wish and is headed out of town after this season.

If there is a blockbuster trade in the works I believe that it will involve Manny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnpats168. Show soxnpats168's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

y do you wanna trade manny

one of the best pure hitters, EVER!

definite hall of famer
    and we trade em'

p.s. his defense is very underated too

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

I did not say that I wanted to trade Manny.I said that I believe that if there is a blockbuster trade it will involve Manny.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

I beleive that WMP will go in a Beckett/Lowell type deal. Theo will tell whoever" If you want (insert name here), you must also take Pena."

As I see the needs right now..

#1 Right handed outfielder/hitter to come off the bench in late innings or to spell who ever needs a rest when the sox are facing a lefty.

#2 A high prospect catcher. Kottaras is not going to be a #1 in the majors. He will bea back up at best..

#3. A right handed set-up man for the pen. Donnely may be that gut for now but the looking beyond 2007, I don't see that guy in the Sox minor league system.

I foresee the following for 2008

Starting Pitchers: Beckett, Dice K, Lester, Bucholz, Gabbard

Bullpen: Papelbon, Okajima, Lopez, Snyder, Tavarez, DelCarmen, new guy from trade

Outfielders: Ellsbury, Crisp, Drew, Moss, Hinske.

Infielders: Youklis, Pedroia, Lugo, New Guy (1b or 3b), Cora

Catchers: Varitek, Kottaras

DH: Ortiz

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from woobie2. Show woobie2's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

LOL... This monstronsity looks worse every time he puts on a uniform. If this team was serious about winning this year, jokes like WMP and Timlin would be shown the door.... eating salaries be damned. Pena on this team deprives us of any ammunition in the late innings, either defensively or bat power. Heck, he can't even run the bases! The manager and the FO look at him like the elephant in the parlor... no one will address his ineptness and are content to roll along with a 24 man roster (23 if you count Timlin, another monstrosity that is kept around as the manager's binky).

There is no explanation for keeping Pena on this team. An Ellsbury or Moss or Murphy would be more help for us off the bench. Inexcusable example of inaction by Theo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from howardp855. Show howardp855's posts

Willie Mo- 3 strikeouts

Theo: You made a huge mistake with WMP. Admit it and get us a right handed hitting outfielder who can run and play defense.