1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

World Series GM 1 - Beckett vs Francis

Early for the game thread Theo...but its good you started it before someone else did...your karma is better.

Those numbers against Beckett are pretty good for some of those guys, but I do not expect that they will be able to hit him quite as well tomorrow. In fact, when Beckett is "on", no one is going to hit him well. I am looking for a Sox win tomorrow-once again on the back of Josh Beckett, the AL Cy Young winner, and our Mr October

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbara1. Show sbara1's posts

Nice numbers if your a John Denver fan : ) but Beckett is throwing the off speed stuff better than any time during the regular season. Both teams are hot now but the Sox have the most recent mojo going into tomorrow's game & more importantly the Home Field Advantage.

Anyway, we'll be watching from the warm Hawaiian sunshine with our beer in hand again.

ALOHA RED SOX !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Evening Theo & All!!! Great job on the game thread, as usual. BTW, very jealous of the tix to the game!! Have a fantastic time!

So, I wasn't around for Sunday's game, due to computer issues, but what an amazing game! I loved every second of it! I loved watching the celebration & loved watching Becks named as the MVP. Very good night!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbara1. Show sbara1's posts

Thanks Jete !

We're 6 hours behind so the game starts at 2 PM and we don't care if it goes 6 hours : ) every game! On the weekends, I get to watch the game and drink while the sun goes down at the beach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

what a great season so far! you guys beat the yankees and the indians and now onto the rockies; it's been a blast watching you guys and rooting for you. glad to see you give the new guys a chance to display their talent and enthusiasm; we need ortiz and manny to step up to the plate tonight....easy does it...look to the One!!! Best!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfong. Show mfong's posts

I agree with you ynnam42, Tavarez has been a team player despite his temper =D. Too bad we won't be able to see him pitch a couple of innings in WS.

~Michael Fong

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beckettfan. Show beckettfan's posts

Yes, I too am so excited to see Yaz throw out the first pitch. When I was a little girl my first trip to Fenway was in '76 and the excitement of Yaz was great. I still have the program.

Hope Beckett brings it again tonight. I am hoping the layoff has cooled the Rockies bats. However, I did see the Rockies play the Padres here at the end of the season and lots of breaks seem to go their way.

Hope the weather at Fenway is good, has to be better than the smoky air out here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

GA Theo & All...I'm expecting for the game tonight to be a very exciting one! I am on a countdown waiting for it. I am not a whole lot of good at work today...just get going alread!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pico22. Show pico22's posts

You forgot Youkilis on your list of WS first timers who "Wear their Emotions"

He wasn't on the 2004 WS roster.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Afternoon Jete! I am good today, how are you? The family knows very well not to mess around with the game tonight. Fortunately for me, I live with Sox fans...well the older nephew says he's a Sox fan, but he's kind of disinterested in actually watching the games & likes to harrass me as often as possible. Ungrateful wretch...

Mr. Pemliza on the mound huh? I like the sound of that!

HI Pem..how are you??...so..where did you hide the remote...LOL!!!!...time to get it rolling!!...Game 1.. Mr.Pemliza on the mound!..LOL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Awesome post Tulsa! I am pumped for tonight--I'm finding that I have just about no desire to get my work done...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyajhk. Show nyajhk's posts

Tulsa as always a great post. I too am having an incredibly tough time focusing on work today especially as we are approaching 3 PM these last two hours are going to be excruciating. Every member of Red Sox Nation around the country and around the world is amp'd beyond belief for this evening. I think you will see a focused Red Sox team that I fully expect to hit the field and play inspired ball tonight. We are riding a huge hot streak too coming into the World Series. We're averaging 10 runs over our last 3 games and that is the offense that this team is capable of producing on any given night.

There is no messing around and the loose band of Red Sox that we have come to know and love appear to be all business in preparation for this evening. I am confident that Josh Beckett is going to out there pound the strike zone with his scorching fastball and mix in his incredible breaking pitches that we saw in game 5 in Cleveland. Who knew? I couldn't agree with Tulsa more scoring early and being out front early in these games will be pivotal for the Sox and especially for our pitching staff. If we are able to stake Josh to an early 3 run lead it could be lights out for Colorado very quickly. A pitcher pitching with a lead especially a power pitcher like Beckett is an entirely different animal than a power pitching who is trying to keep his team in the game by nibbling on corners trying to make that perfect pitch.

We are flying high and rest assured that they will be ready to go at Fenway and Red Sox Nation around the world is ready to go. Colorado you have no idea what is about to hit you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

I think Beckett (aka Mr. Pemliza) kicks you know what tonight.

Is that sticking? Because I really could get used to it! Anyone wanna give him the memo? But not til after he pitches, of course!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

LOL, one of my students has tickets to the game tonight (he became mysteriously ill after 3rd period) and I told him to deliver a message to Josh after the game about this wonderful woman from Idaho... : )

LOL! You rock 64! Mysterious illness from your student huh? I'd be willing to be there's quite a bit of that illness going around today & tomorrow!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

64, his post season numbers are just sick. He's an excellent pitcher all the time, but in October, he just dials it up t oa whole new level. He's amazing to watch.

: ) Depending on this series outcome I could become mysteriously ill...by the way, did you see Josh's post season LOSS lines? Even in those he pitched great with the Marlins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwaymark. Show fenwaymark's posts

Hey Guidry, go to the Yankee post... oh that's right the Yankees are not playing tonight!

Sox will take this series in six or less.

I know everyone will point to the 3 game series in June, but both of these teams are better now than then.

Let's admit it, not one of the Rocky starters has us worried. Their pen is good, but not any better than Tribe had against us.

Their lineup is not hitting solidly 1-9.

Our defense is not #1 like theirs but #3 is pretty good.

Sure they are on an unprecidented streak, but they are also cold.

They beat the smoke and mirrors D-backs while we had to fight of the team with the same best record in baseball. Our pitchers would be sporting a .200 ERA against Arizona also.

I will say I would love to have their shortstop.

Off to the tube, maybe they'll show Yaz throwing out the first pitch.

Enjoy guys, I'll read the posts later.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rem3. Show rem3's posts

Interesting post Guidry, thanks for the insight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rem3. Show rem3's posts

GE SOX FANS!!

I've read everything that's been said here and have nothing of value to add so I'll just say "I'M STOKED!" 2007..... The World Series..... The Boston Red Sox.....Man, it doesn't get any better than this!

LET'S GO SOX!!!!!!

Chris I am with you, also in CT. Not sure what to say at this point, in many ways it feels like 04 but in many ways is different but in a good way if that makes sense. Anyway go Sox, I hope we get to see Yaz throw out the first pitch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

Good evening, everyone! We are ready to rumble!

I hope this series goes no more than 6 games. I can't bite my nails for another do-or-die day!

GO SOX!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ulthipster17. Show ulthipster17's posts

Why was Youkilis booed????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

Lucky you to get to watch games during school! Back then teachers could do that. We got as far as "The Price Is Right!" some days when we complained the teacher was giving us too much work. Out came the TV and on came Bob Barker.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

It's "YOOOOOOOOUUUUK!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Tulsa, I'm sure by now that you're off to the in-law's for the game. Keep Talan close, close by!!

I am nervous for tonight, but it's an excited nerves--can't help but feel good with my guy Becks on the mound...it's a calming feeling.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

LOL! I can live with that Tulsa!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpieretti. Show mpieretti's posts

Just realised this as I sat down to watch the big game-- I've scored six Red Sox games this postseason and they are 6-0 in those games.

Let's make it 7-0!!!

This is Fn AWESOME!!!

GO SOX