1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Would you do this trade? Sox and Texas

The Texas Rangers probably hold out for a lessen return for one of their other catchers (Gerald Laird, Max Ramirez or Jarrod Saltalamacchia).

With your proposed traded. the Red Sox would be trading from their depth in pitching prospects to address a perceived pressing need at catcher. But Clay Buchholz and Michael Bowden represent a steep price.

I don't think either side would approve that trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Texas would take that without thinking, imho.

He looks like he might be a good hitter, but he still only hit .225 in AAA last year, with 59 Ks in 187 ABs. He hit well with TX, but that's only 47 ABs. Two top-tier prospects is too big a package.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I wouldn't make that trade at gunpoint...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runnels. Show Runnels's posts

There is absolutely nuthin in Texas that I would want. We have had their stupid former Governor foisted upon us for the last 8 years, and look how that worked out.
    No thanks. Let them keep their garbage down there!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I want Teagarden, but that is too much to give up. Texas would love that trade. I'd give them Bowden and lower prospects.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

If the Sox could land Teixeira, do you think the Dodgers would consider Lars Anderson, Lowell (subsidized), and maybe a B prospect for Russell Martin?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runnels. Show Runnels's posts

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[Quote]I want Teagarden, but that is too much to give up. Texas would love that trade. I'd give them Bowden and lower prospects.[/Quote]

Texas would love that trade only if the Red Sox were the Rangers' only trading partner.

The Rangers want their up-and-coming pitchers to have the organization's best defensive catcher and that's Taylor Teagarden. Texas would take a lesser return for another Ranger catcher.

As a side note, the Rangers are so confident in their pitching prospects that in the past two years they're traded two young starters who in 2008 posted these numbers:

33 GS, 195 IP, 12-9 WL, 57 BB, 159 K, 3.32 ERA, 138 ERA+
    32 GS, 196 IP, 17-6 WL, 93 BB, 206 K, 3.21 ERA, 140 ERA+

The pitchers are 23-year-old John Danks and 25-year-old Edinson Volquez.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

They got RIPPED for the Danks trade and would take it back in a heartbeat. Edinson for Hamilton was win win both sides like Hanley for Beckett.

As for the proposal not both top young pitchers. Buchholz-Kottaras for him is fair.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[Quote]If the Sox could land Teixeira, do you think the Dodgers would consider Lars Anderson, Lowell (subsidized), and maybe a B prospect for Russell Martin?[/Quote]

No. I can't see the Dodgers getting excited about acquiring Mike Lowell.

Now if the Sox offered Youkilis and Lars Anderson for Russ Martin, I could imagine Ned Colletti being interested...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[Quote]

Texas would love that trade only if the Red Sox were the Rangers' only trading partner.

The Rangers want their up-and-coming pitchers to have the organization's best defensive catcher and that's Taylor Teagarden. Texas would take a lesser return for another Ranger catcher.

[/Quote]

Well, yes and no.

Sure they love Teagarden's defense, not to mention he is from Dallas and a Longhorn alum, and that kind of stuff goes over HUGE in North Texas. But is he really their best defensive catcher over Gerald Laird? And even if Laird is worse, how much of a dropoff is it?

For two top tier pitching prospects, it might make sense to them...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac24. Show mac24's posts

There isn't much out there on the major-league-ready talent front at catcher. The Sox would have to pay for it. Same thing for Martin. I'd like for the Sox to get either one but it's going to take a lot to get either one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

Lars Anderson is on the untouchable list...along with Daniel Bard...we only need someone for two years with Exposito and Wagner being the future of the position...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 92coug. Show 92coug's posts

Not both Bucholz and Bowden, just one. I might throw in another low level prospect with Bowden, but Bucholz straight across for either Teagarden, or Salty would be a fair deal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

[Quote]

As a side note, the Rangers are so confident in their pitching prospects that in the past two years they're traded two young starters who in 2008 posted these numbers:

33 GS, 195 IP, 12-9 WL, 57 BB, 159 K, 3.32 ERA, 138 ERA+
    32 GS, 196 IP, 17-6 WL, 93 BB, 206 K, 3.21 ERA, 140 ERA+

The pitchers are 23-year-old John Danks and 25-year-old Edinson Volquez.[/Quote]

Please take a step back. The trades they made had nothing to do with the confidence of their pitching prospects, but more of making stupid, assinine decisions by the GM. Forget about Volquez since Daniels got very lucky with that trade but just considering that the Rangers GAVE AWAY Chris Young and John Danks is unforgivable as the fans have shown at the gate. Team President Nolan Ryan hopefully fixes this mess!!!