1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chowdakid. Show chowdakid's posts

W.S Game 2 - Schilling vs Jimenez

Well enough said there eh?? I also beleive that the offense will be the key in this series... Patience will be key tonight this guy is another carmona who also was bringing it around 97.... should be interesting.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

GA Theo & all! What a great game last night! Theo, it must have been gret to actually be there. Are you headed back for tonight's game?

Gotta do just what the team is doing though, move on from last night to tonight's game. Got Schill going & even though he had a tough time in his first game against the Indians, I feel comfortable with him going tonight. Schill lives for the big stage & the big drama. I have this feeling that last night really got him up & pumped. I expect him to step up tonight. Here's hoping the bats keep coming as well!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bumblebeemoi. Show bumblebeemoi's posts

Hot? Of course they are! But having multiple 0-2 counts and getting walks and hits as well as scoring with 2 outs isn't a matter of being hot; it's discipline and skill! Our guys have a game plan and are using their talent and intestinal fortitude to stick with it. Result? High pitch counts and pitches they can hit. They're grinding down the pitchers; that's not being "hot". But, it sure creates plenty of "heat" on the opposition!

Tonight? Curt will be prepared and focused. he will adjust and tweak it as needed. Sox 8-2!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Afternoon ynnam! I agree with you about tonight's game. The Sox offense seems to be completely locked in. I would not bet against them being able to hit against just about any pitcher trotted out there right now.

I think we can count on Schill to come through tonight. If I am wrong, I'll eat the crow, but I believe we can.

I can live with it not being a blow out, as long as we come away with the win & go into Colorado up 2-0.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zitface. Show zitface's posts

Does anyone know the parade schedule? Will it be 2-3 days after victory or will they wait till Saturday like last time? I think if it's a sweep, they won't be able to get some of the players to hang around 6 days till Saturday, but if it's 5 or more they'll probably wait.

And don't lecture me like the erudite babe Amalie Benjamin. I'm just trying to make plans and I don't feel like being like the Boston media and going overboard to not appear like a homer. I know my team's winning and I'd like to be prepared.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigfoot14b. Show bigfoot14b's posts

Schill knows that this could very well be his last start in a Red Sox uniform at Fenway Park. I think he will give us a "quality start, giving up 2 or 3 runs in +/- 6 innings.

Once again, it's up to the bats and the bullpen. I didn't like seeing Timlin wasted last night, although he probably needed the work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Afternoon Jete!

It should be interesting to see what goes down with your club in the next few days.

Are the in-laws still around?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpott. Show soxpott's posts

I pretty much see it as a 6-3 game also. Despite Jiminez high velocity, the rust of a 9 day layoff will impact him as it did Francis. The Sox patience as hitters will more than offset Jiminez's velocity and lack of control. I do not expect Jiminez to last beyond 4 innings if that.

When the Sox get to Colorado I would expect Ortiz as lst, Lowell at 3rd, Drew in center, and Yuke in right field.. I think Terry will try to keep as much firepower on the field as possible. If the Sox get a 2-3 run lead by the 6th or 7th innings I would expect defensive changes being made.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

So you've got the TV back to yourself.

Did the Yanks just interview the three people?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Jete, I heard them talking about it on the radio yesterday. They mentioned that there were two others that the Yanks were thinking about interviewing, but there was no word on whether or not they were actually going to try to interview the other two. I can't remember the name of the second one they said, but one of the peopel they said they were interseted in interviewing was John Farrell. As a Sox fan, I was a bit insulted by that one!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from den666. Show den666's posts

Great game last night, but I think it would have been better for the Sox if the score had been a bit closer. Watch out! The Rockies are a lot better than what they showed in game 1. If they should win tonight, who knows what could happen with Dice and Lester pitching. This thing is far from over. However, if I'm wrong and the Sox crush them in the next 3 games I'll be damn happy. No pity whatsoever. Kill, crush, destroy!!!!!!!!!!

Been a fan since 65. Waited 39 years for the first one and am ready to enjoy the second.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Because he is our PC Jete. He's done an amazing job with our pitchers in just one year. I don't want to lose him, and especially not to the Yanks. I want him to stay with the Sox & would love to see im as a potential successor to Tito in a few years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beckettfan. Show beckettfan's posts

What impressed me last night was our two out production. No easy innings. We need to continue that streak to stay on top.

Was anyone else disappointed with FOX's undercoverage of YAZ throwing out the first pitch.? What a disappointment.

Are you expecting rain again tonight? All our news coverage is out here is fires, fires, fires. Can't get any east coast weather reports.

Let's go Red Sox!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Yeah, if I look beyond being selfish, I see what you're saying & suppose I have to say I agree with you. I also read a report this morning that the Pirates are interested in him as their manager. I really hope he chooses to stay with the Sox though!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyajhk. Show nyajhk's posts

Before I comment on what I believe will transpire in just a few short hours at Fenway Park all of Red Sox Nation should take a moment and really soak in what they are going to see this evening. It is highly likely that this evening you will witness Curt Schilling make his final start in a Red Sox uniform. Let's think about what that really means. Curt Schilling accomplished what we brought him to Boston to accomplish and that was to deliver our city this rabid fanbase a World Championship.

Not only did Curt do this but he did what he said he was going to do and that is what sports is all about. When the money is on the table and the chips are stacked against you who puts up and who shuts up. I really hope Red Sox Nation puts up tonight when Big Schill takes the hill for what could be the last time in a BoSox Uniform he deserves a standing ovation. Should Curt leave this game with a lead tonight a prolonged standing o is in order. What Curt Schilling did for this organization and what he sacrificed for us the fans, for his teammates and for the organization as a whole is nothing to be taken lightly. I have said it since Game 6 of the 04 LCS Curt Schilling could have never won another game in a Sox uniform and he will forever be a hero in this town.

Curt I don't know if you still read the message boards or not but I thought I might take some time out of my day to offer two simple words to you. Thank you. Thank you for everything that you have given to this city, to the fans of this team, and to the organization as a whole. I have lived and died with the fortunes of my beloved Red Sox for nearly 30 years without Curt there simply is no 04 World Title and the Curse is alive and well to this very day. I sure as hell don't agree with everything that comes out of the man's mouth and there are plenty of times where I wish he would just shut the hell up but the bottom line is when the money is on the table and the chips are down in a must win (elimination) game there is NOBODY that I would rather give the ball to (whose last name isn't Beckett) than Curt Schilling. The numbers don't like and the record speaks for itself.

I fully expect that you will another vintage post season performance from Big Schill tonight. When it comes to October he simply doesn't know any other way. Big time pitchers pitch the biggest in the games that matter the most. RSN stand up and pay tribute tonight. Curt you have made us proud on so many occasions tonight we turn to you one more time. Make us proud again tonight Curt I know you will. From the bottom of my heart thanks for everything it's been an incredible ride.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

I can see where Pem is coming from Jete (re: Farrell), kind of feels like the Yanks are poaching on our ground, and during the most important series of the year. I don't like it. This applies to other teams as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy. Show bigguy's posts

The Sox just have to make sure to win tonight's game and not going into the high altitude 1-1, and that's going to be a result of Schilling keeping the runs down (<3 or 4 over 6) AND the offense producing. When the Sox seem to lose big games, it's not so much that pitching lets us down it's that the offense doesn't produce ((ok, game 2 ALCS withstanding). Go Curt on big games and go offense!

Watching from London, where I moved after the last WS win, so the game starts at 12:55 and ends around 4. You want to complain about being tired in Red Sox Nation?!?! ;) GO SOX!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

Well, that was a little bit over the top in theatrics. It didn't hit him that hard.

Come on SCHILL!!! Make your last start as a Sox be a fantastic one!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mookie56. Show mookie56's posts

Shilling is a fat turd with no stuff at all. Should be an easy Rockies win

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mookie56. Show mookie56's posts

You scored 13 runs last night and you're already looking for some luck?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

Not if Schill doesn't wake up and realize what needs to be done. Honestly, why was he waiting to cover third?

This run is so on him, he really should have gotten Taveras. Can't make those types of mental mistakes and I'm rather shocked that Schill did.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

Good evening, everyone.

Not a good start for Schilling, hitting a batter and he didn't choogle down to third for what could have been an easy out, preventing the run. Why in the world did he just stand there?

Still, it's just the 1st inning.