1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

W.S Game 2 - Schilling vs Jimenez

Schill has a quick hook tonight, Oki in.

Who'da guessed?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Call it a nite Schill...good job!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangover7014. Show hangover7014's posts

Thanks for the memories CURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy. Show bigguy's posts

There's one place in London to watch any US sporting event, the Sports Cafe on Haymarket, off of Picadily Sq, that shows any US events, just in case anyone needs to know. Shows all of the US games.

But, watching from home tonight, being scared about Curt walking 2.

Not fun thinking that Curt could be walking off for the last time right now....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

I know that Tek isn't hitting the ball well, but he is hitting it better then most MLB catchers. He does not suck and - as he makes very clear - hitting is a far second to him behind catching and communicating with the pitcher about the next batters up and what to throw.

Yes, he drives me crazy as well with the LOBs, but I'll take him any day. Do you prefer a poor hitting catcher out there who also calls a poor game? Because that is what's out there on the market.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

I'd think so, too. He hit 93 on that last ball. But it was a ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sixoneseven. Show sixoneseven's posts

"He's a widely respected veteran, keeps his pitching staff focused, and there are only a handful of catchers anywhere that can hit -- none of them available for the taking, unless you want Posada! Smile? What, is this a beauty pageant? (Darn, knew we shoulda kept Kapler around.)"

Please. Tek is soooooo bad. Why does everyone else get critical attention when they can't hit and nobdy says anything about Tek when he hasn't swung the bat like a man all year? Because he has stupid C stiched on his front? He's garbage. Also, I like knowing a player appreciates the game. Tek doesn't seem to care.

GOSOX, TEKSUKS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

OKIE in the 6th? What's next? Gagmee in the 7th

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpieretti. Show mpieretti's posts

Did you like that no hitter Buchholz threw earlier this year?
    Schilling almost had one too but he shook off tek in the 9th and so too went the no no.

I think Varitek is tied for catching the most no hitters-- 3.
    2 others were broken up in the 9th.

He's one of the best catchers in the game, granted he can be tough to watch at the plate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from halfaday. Show halfaday's posts

your right we do have other problems. but it always seems that TEK is at bat with men on base 2 outs and does not come thru

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

your right we do have other problems. but it always seems that TEK is at bat with men on base 2 outs and does not come thru

We do deserve a better all round catcher than Tek...he contributed a lot for years, but now he is too old. But that discussion is for another day

KKKKKKKKKKKK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sixoneseven. Show sixoneseven's posts

ok, I've been too harsh about Tek not caring. I'm sure he does. But he escapes a lot of scrutiny and I'm not sure why.......

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

OKI!!! Yeah, that certainly was the right move. He baffled the Rocks. They don't know whether to watch the ball or his head.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy. Show bigguy's posts

"I loved London. I used to work occasionally at an office near theLiverpool Street train station. I'd drop my bags off on a Saturday andwalk back to my hotel near Hyde Park. Owing to the way I walk, and myfantastic sense of direction, it would take a couple of hours, but I'dsee 100 different sights. And the walk set me up for several Guiness'sat a real hole in the wall called the Bricklayer's Arms, I believe. Isit still there?"

You used to walk way too far from Liverpool to Hyde Park...:) I'd bet the Bricklayer's Arms is still there, I don't know, but there are so many pubs in London it's ridiculous. They say there are 3000+ pubs in the city, and that's not an exageration by any means. If any Boston fans gets to London and wants to watch sports, go to the Sports Cafe on Haymarket, if you're around and want to grab a pint, email me at sfq88@hotmail.com and go to the Devonshire Arms in Kensington and we'll have a Sox pint!

Go Curt! Feeling bad he didn't get a better send off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

1. Take hammer.
    2. Sit in a squat for an hour.
    3. Hit left hand 100 times. Occasionally miss and hit your right hand for good measure.
    4. Now pick up bat and try to hit a fastball.
    5. If you somehow happen to make contact, make your protesting muscles run hard down to first base.

Fantastically well put 30. The only thing I'd add is miss a few times and hit your right/left knee (and right/left ankle) a few times.

FLY JACOBY FLY!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangover7014. Show hangover7014's posts

"but it always seems that TEK is at bat with men on base 2 outs and does not come thru"

OK, enough with the Tek bashing. Yes he can't hit for crap but he calls an excellent ballgame. Pitching is what got us here. As well as in '04. Tek a big reason for that.

And before you all jump on me. Yes we hit a little this year and in '04 too. Ok a lot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangover7014. Show hangover7014's posts

Thank G baby for me. Tulsa

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pemliza. Show pemliza's posts

Ok, I have to admit that I was a little emotional watching Schill walk off the field & seeing the fans give him a standing O. Then watching the replay a few minutes ago when you could see that Schill got a little emotional as he walked off, I actually got a little choked up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangover7014. Show hangover7014's posts

I agree keep the love coming for TEK and SCHILLING. Both have huge cajones how is anyone bashing Schill after tonights outing?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdust. Show wdust's posts

Also remember that he does not get any Wakefield days this series.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cooze2. Show cooze2's posts

Yeah, and great television by FOX once again to cut away right away during the ovation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Just joined the game after a long flight. Glad to see Sox up by 1. I think the BP will shut the Rockies down, but some insurance runs will be good.

Haven't seen the thread, so what is the conversation around no-DH in Denver. Given the not so intimidating pitching in games 3 & 4, I was thinking let Ortiz rest his knees and PH if needed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

Also remember that he does not get any Wakefield days this series.

I'm rather sad about that dust, also a little worried that we may have seen the last of Wake. If so, what a way to go out with a 17 win year, but I want him back (Doug and all).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigguy. Show bigguy's posts

and on the Tek thing-a really good catcher is pretty much a coach at the same time.. Pitchers will tell anyone, you have a guy like Tek, and you have an in the game coach who can tell the pitcher how to make the game. Teams around the league would love a guy like him and I would bet that he'll be a guy in 10 yrs who will be a coach or an mg.