1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Yankee fans show their class (or lack thereof)

OK people, now although I totally expected the Red Sox players to get boo'd when introduced (which they rightfully responded to by refusing to tip their caps) and thought it was really funny actually.

I also expected the NL players to be introduced without any fanfare - but the entire AL non-Yankee roster was greeted with virtual silence, except for a slight hand for Morneau (because he won the HR derby) - a totally classless response to all-star players representing the league their team plays in.

The starting line-ups were virtually ignored also, except for Josh Hamilton and we know why that is.

In addition, whats up with Wade Boggs, that cowardly snake?? He wears a Yankee hat when introduced, when he earned his HOF induction as a member of the Red Sox -- he should have at least had the class and courage to do what Dave Winfield did, that being wear his San Diego cap and carry his Yankee cap too.

...and who says Boston fans are too provincial??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox20. Show redsox20's posts

I agree with you 110%! I can not believe the disrespect of the fans.. What little respect I did have for New York is now gone! That was completely uncalled for. It's an All-Star game for gosh sakes get over yourselves for one minute and clap! I also think what happened at the parade earlier was just as uncalled for...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

derby, i would respect that comment if yankee fans didnt make something out of nothing with this papelbon-rivera thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

k-rod is the best closer on the team, im obviously a sox fan, but this season, theres no question hes the best. I dont see anything wrong with wha paps said, some reporter put a mic in his face and asked him a question so he answered by saying he should pitch and then said mo should pitch, theres nothing wrong with that, Yankee fans need tp get over it, its not a big deal, we may not even use a closer today anyway and this whole thing will be irrelevant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

[Quote]k-rod is the best closer on the team, im obviously a sox fan, but this season, theres no question hes the best. I dont see anything wrong with wha paps said, some reporter put a mic in his face and asked him a question so he answered by saying he should pitch and then said mo should pitch, theres nothing wrong with that, Yankee fans need tp get over it, its not a big deal, we may not even use a closer today anyway and this whole thing will be irrelevant.[/Quote]
    Mo hasn't blown one save this year. He has been hands down the best closer in baseball this year. I have to laugh that eventhough Mo hasn't blown a save and has an ERA under 1, some Sox fans still try to take Mo's deserving heading of "BEST CLOSER IN BASEBALL" away from him. I find it comical and this thread is about Yankee fans having no class. At least we give credit where it's due no matter what team players play for.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[Quote]yeah, come one everyone lets chant Yankee suck Yankee suck.  Global warming- Yankees fault total classless.  High oil prices- Yankees fault, totally classless, Morons up in capital hill- Yankees fault, totally classless.  Guys instead of looking for every little thing to fault the Yankees for in order to make your life a little better and feel "with more class" than your Yankees counterparts why not just enjoy the f***** game sheez.[/Quote]

HR as a Yankee fan - I understand you are embarassed and are looking to deflect things by taking the approach that I was looking for an excuse to say something bad about the Yankees -- well in fact I did not do that -- I just make a true statement that the Yankee FANS showed (which I see you are one of them) no class in their treatment of other All-star players.

The facts are the facts! The treatment of Papelbon and his family, spurred by the NY media, was more deplorable as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[Quote]i didnt know they targeted his family, show me.[/Quote]

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080715&content_id=3137998&vkey=news_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[Quote]Here we go again with the generalization.  Soxdog you can say whatever you want, you can believe what ever you feel but the fact still remains that there was people up in those seats cheering and clapping and taking pictures. Not only that but those same Yankee fans were up 5th avenue cheering on the HOF on the red carpet.  I could care less what you think, the fact that you created a thread to say that Yankees fans are classless based on the fact that you didnt hear people cheering is ridiculous.  What about fans of other teams that are in the stands, like I dont know, Mets.  There are a couple Sox fans there are well, heck I was in Grand Central today taking the subway and you could have seen home and road uniforms of every team on the plattform waiting for the train.  Come one, argue fact, you are not even in NYC to even see who is wearing what today.[/Quote]

HR come on now that is your argument?? A small segment of fans showing their respect for the players is not going to carry much weight amongst 55,000 classless Yankee fans shouting let's go AROD or DEREK JETER!! Pahlease -- how lame is that??

BTW, David Wright was boo'd almost as much as the Sox players it was just offset somewhat by the larger segment of Mets fans that were in attendance as you suspected were there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Melle74. Show Melle74's posts

[Quote]Here we go again with the generalization.  Soxdog you can say whatever you want, you can believe what ever you feel but the fact still remains that there was people up in those seats cheering and clapping and taking pictures. Not only that but those same Yankee fans were up 5th avenue cheering on the HOF on the red carpet.  I could care less what you think, the fact that you created a thread to say that Yankees fans are classless based on the fact that you didnt hear people cheering is ridiculous.  What about fans of other teams that are in the stands, like I dont know, Mets.  There are a couple Sox fans there are well, heck I was in Grand Central today taking the subway and you could have seen home and road uniforms of every team on the plattform waiting for the train.  Come one, argue fact, you are not even in NYC to even see who is wearing what today.[/Quote]

The holier-than-thou attitude among some Sox fans never ceases to amaze me. These folks seem real quick to forget about '99 and the fans at the Fenway ASG booing the Yankees players during intros and booing Jeter when he came in to replace Nomar.

Any Sox fan who was expecting their boys to get cheered at Yankee Stadium is fooling themselves. I'm sure there were some "classles" Yankees fans amongst the bunch, but this whole "I don't respect New York anymore" stuff is laughable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

OK I take some of it back -- Yankee fans are alive they actually cheered the fact that JD Drew (a dreaded Red Sox) just tied up the game at 2-2!!

Nice going JD and Yank fans!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtlgosox. Show mtlgosox's posts

I hate New York.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

[Quote]I hate New York.[/Quote]
    New York hates you too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekfan18. Show tekfan18's posts

Here's the part I don't get...Papelbon strikes out 2 and gives up an unearned run because of Navarro's poor throw...and the Yankee fans boo Papelbon.  I was under the impression Yankee fans knew a thing or two about baseball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Hey HR --  For one thing I am not a Pats fan and for another thing - your moronic, idiotic Yankee fans are screaming MARIANO now and OVERRATED !! How pathetic are you and your fellow fans you just can't get over the fact that you suffered the WORST DEFEAT IN SPORTS HISTORY to who was that team again????

Oh and now the moronic fans then boo Papelbon even more for giving up an UNEARNED run -- those fans really know their baseball!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

Once Papelbon grows some class New Yorkers will be just fine with him. Look at Drew, they cheered him. Probably because Drew isn't comparing himself to any first ballot Hall of Famers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPstateNYsoxfan. Show UPstateNYsoxfan's posts

yankee fans have always been low class, low grade morons.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[Quote]New York hates you too.[/Quote]

Hey Phil, long time no dispute!!

We don't care what NY thinks of us anymore --

Gee I think the 2ND greatest monent in Yankee stadium history, after Gehrigs farewell, might have been the Red Sox winning the ALCS after trailing 3 games to none!! It defintiely qualifies to me!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[Quote]Thank you.[/Quote]

Thank you for what?? That NY fans take everything in their gutter tabloid as fact -- the freakin paper totally took Papelbon's comments out of context and the illiterate NY Yankee fans took the headline and ran with it!

You and Phil the Ace (is that in reference to HUGHES????) should be emvarassed and apologetic for the actions of your fans today to otherwise spoil a great event for MLB!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unhgrad. Show unhgrad's posts

[Quote]New York hates you too.[/Quote]

Yankees are yesterday's news.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

[Quote]Thank you for what?? That NY fans take everything in their gutter tabloid as fact -- the freakin paper totally took Papelbon's comments out of context and the illiterate NY Yankee fans took the headline and ran with it!

You and Phil the Ace (is that in reference to HUGHES????) should be emvarassed and apologetic for the actions of your fans today to otherwise spoil a great event for MLB![/Quote]
    It's not just his recent comments, I have always thought he was an arrogant low class hick. How many times do you see Mo dancing off the field like an idiot? He never does that , not even when it was the last out of the WS. He is not only the best reliever of all time, he's the classiest.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ILOVETHESOX0177. Show ILOVETHESOX0177's posts

Dress Code...Nuff said

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[Quote]It's not just his recent comments, I have always thought he was an arrogant low class hick. How many times do you see Mo dancing off the field like an idiot? He never does that , not even when it was the last out of the WS. He is not only the best reliever of all time, he's the classiest.[/Quote]

Boy Phil the sting of Papelbon dancing off the field is something you and your NY pals just can't handle -- I'll take Paps dancing off the field after winning playoff and WORLD series any day of the week!

Mariano might be more mature at this stage of his career but then again his is twice Paps age almost!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

Mo won his first WS in '96 when he was 26, I don't remember him dancing off the field then either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ILOVETHESOX0177. Show ILOVETHESOX0177's posts

You  really hate the guy for dancing,  becuase he had fun? Nothing against Mo , probably the greatest closer of all time, doesnt smile all that much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[Quote]

Mo won his first WS in '96 when he was 26, I don't remember him dancing off the field then either.

[/Quote]

What a boring dude Mariano must be!! Hey if you were on the Yanks and won the WS wouldn't you be dancing?? Oh I'm sorry you guys have forgotten what it's like to win those things haven't you!

Sections
Shortcuts