1. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Yanks getting closer... you worried?

"The Yankees are forever in your heads, and the Sox are just another team in the AL East."

Really? How many posts do you have on the Angel's message board? :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuck0904. Show chuck0904's posts

Of course I'm not worried. The Yanks are surging while also playing a soft spot in their schedule. We're struggling a bit as we have a tough June to deal with. We'll pull away a bit later on, then they'll surge again, then we'll pull back ahead, etc.. This is normal stuff that happens over a course of the marathon that is a 162 game schedule.

We just need to look forward, focus on our own issues, not worry about the Yankees at this point.

If this was September 14th? Yes, a little more worried. But it's June 14th. It's not even close to the All Star break yet. Chillax, people!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from happysox. Show happysox's posts

"Great thing about being a Yankees fan is we don't spend our lives worrying about the Red Sox. The Yankees are forever in your heads, and the Sox are just another team in the AL East. "

Then what the heck are you doing on a Red Sox message board? Sounds like someone is trying to convince himself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Why weren't you here defending your team when folks were really ragging on them a month ago?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalbs. Show jalbs's posts

The Yankees have won 8 in a row and still only stand a ╜ game better in the standings than they did a month ago on May 16 when the Sox had a 9 game lead. So in one month they made up a ╜ game and had to rattle off an 8 game winning streak to do so. Here is what it will take each team to reach certain win plateaus. The Sox are currently 41-23 with 98 games remaining and the Yankees are 32-31 with 99 games remaining.Yankees

85 wins = 53-46 (.535)
    90 wins = 58-41 (.586)
    95 wins = 63-36 (.636)

Sox

85 wins = 44-54 (.449)
    90 wins = 49-49 (.500)
    95 wins = 54-44 (.551)So, the Sox need to only play .551 ball the rest of the way and they will finish with 95 wins while the Yankees need to play .586 ball just to reach 90 wins. I will never say count the Yankees out, but I like the chances the Sox have right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from spooky157. Show spooky157's posts

Wow jalbs...I've seen people skew numbers to support their argument but yours is pretty good. Making up a 1/2 game in the past month? How about the Yankees making up 6 1/2 games within the past 2 weeks? This 8 (soon to be 9) game win streak has gotten them back into the race...that's all. Just 2 weeks ago they were talking about the Sox running away with the division, Yankees playing for Wild Card, etc. Not anymore...they're shooting for another division title. T

The Sox play their worst ball late in the year. They'd better have more than an 6 game lead heading into August or they're in trouble.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from louie103. Show louie103's posts

A better question would be: Where are the folks who were raggin on the Yankees a month ago?

they'll probably be here when the yankees lose the next game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from happysox. Show happysox's posts

I'd be gald to rag on them any ole time, win or lose. Doesn't change how I feel about the arrogance they portray.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

"and to be honest, I was curious to see how the Red Sox fans were responding to recent events. So here I am. "

Well, as you can see, we're DAMNED DEFENSIVE about it!! LOL

"I don't feel like I'm defending my team; that all takes place on thefield. I'm responding to comments I've read, occasionally correctingan error or giving a different perspective."

Fair enough. I only ask because, if you look around, we've had a rash of hit-and-run posters show up today.

Have fun...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Nine games in a row and they're still in second by eight games.

Wake me when it's close, would you, Skippy?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrfett. Show mrfett's posts

i'm optimistic that the lineup change could be the thing that helps our offense get going. i don't understand any ill-will toward Francona, though. obviously Theo needs to use more common sense and less pure number-crunching when making these deals, but Tito does a great job IMO.

i can't understand why anyone would be more down on Crisp than Lugo or Drew, though. he can steal bases and, correct me if i'm wrong (i'm sure you will) hasn't committed an error all season. he's saved a couple games. of course, i much prefer Lowell's occasional error but regular run production.

which begs the question, why do ppl say he's performing above average? he's a great player, plain and simple. one of our most valuable, definitely.

Cora's a great player, and my only complaint with Francona is that he's not platooning Lugo with him instead of Pedroia. but not even Dustin could've helped last night i don't think.

Yanks have a great team, and WAAY better offense, IMO. hopefully leadoff will be a good thing for Drew, we'll see. Yanks can easily be within 4 games by the All Star break. no doubt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from spooky157. Show spooky157's posts

Man, everything looks good when you're winning like the Yankees have been. It doesn't take much to send them going backwards again. An injury here, pitching ineffectiveness there, etc. We Yankee fans should just be glad that they're back to playing good baseball. There's no reason any Yankee fan should gloat over an 8 game deficit.

I have to say, even when it happened I could feel it. Arod's homer off Papelbon changed the whole complexion of this team, much like Bill Mueller's off Mo in '04 did for the Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

"Keep bragging it makes us stronger."

What position do you play again,Skippy?

Just between you and me, the players don't give a rat's #$$ about what's bragged about here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Hey, I said I was impress by their streak, but eight games is still eight games.

Would you be worried if the Yankees had an eight game lead?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

MichaelRuth sez, "in all fairness the Red Sox are better than the Washington Generals"

Perhaps, but that's not the point. In what way is it a rivalrybetween two teams when one of them ALWAYS wins? Maybe not everygame, but at the end of the season the Yankees are on top. Notonly is that not sports' greatest rivalry, it's not a rivalry at all,just a bloodbath.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from madisox. Show madisox's posts

More importantly...why is boston.com selling my email address...?
    I do not need this all this spam.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

If they were PITCHING poorly, I'd be plenty worried, but the hitting will come around. It always does.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

You went to all the trouble of registering here to post THAT? LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannyboye2. Show dannyboye2's posts

You're absolutely right in what you say and it'll take more than a 9 game win streak for the Sox to feel any pressure. A lot of these Yankee fans fans forget we were as close as 5 games when the Clemens signing was announced and we fell 15 1/2 back after that. In a 162 game season there are sure to be peaks and valleys and the Yanks have dwelled in valley sooo long, they need to scale mountains for a very long time. We've lost a lot of room for error already, and as Yankee fans we shouldn't be gloating about doing what we should've been doing for 2 months now....especially on a Red Sox board. It smacks of shortsightedness and plain ignorance. The Sox pitching has been too carrying much of the load. That will change. When you play half your games at Fenway, the offense will have several opportunities to flex its muscles. The Sox are in a funk, no question, but they still seem to avoid sweeps and win the majority of the series they play in. Their starting pitching has been spot on pretty much all season thus far, and they also have effectively shortened games by getting great work from Okijama and Papelbon. As a Yankee fan I need to see more than a few .230 averages to expect any sort of collapse in Boston. Plus it's still June for crying out loud. We're not even half way through the season yet. We have every reason to be happy, but so do they. I'm not crowning anyone yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lnmonster. Show lnmonster's posts

In a strange sort of way I think the Red Sox fans enjoy it when theyloose. They really do.. they go into this woe is me frame of mind. They are like martyrs (SP).

I've seen a lot of BS on this board (a lot of it posted by me), but Ireally have to disagree with you on this one. Sox fans are alsoPats fans and Celtics fans (I'm not altogether sure where Bruins fanscame from), and Boston has reveled in the glory days of thosefranchises. Were the Red Sox to build a dynasty, support for theteam would only grow.

Enjoying it when they lose? On that fateful night in 2004 whenthe Sox won Game 7 against the Yankees, I went out on my porch justafter the final out. There wasn't a car on the road, but I heardfrom every direction a faintly audible white noise, like the backgroundmicrowave radiation in the heavens, the collective roar of triumphemanating from a million throats. I've never heard anything likethat before or since, not even when the Sox won the World Series.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from philadela44. Show philadela44's posts

it's been said time and time again...the Yanks season begins on August 1. Until then, they will keep the pace (which this year they did fall behind a little) but if things keep up like this, at most for a few more days, the Yanks will have the Sox in a position to make a serious push by that time. Look out Sox fans, when the Yanks smell blood, it's time to start thinkin about jumping ship....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from philadela44. Show philadela44's posts

"The Yankees push, while scary, can only help BOTH teams. It keeps them focused on doing the little things to win games"

Sounds like someone has applied George Bush's view of the war on Iraq to baseball....the old "everything is going great" scenario...

Get with it man...are you living in a cave? The Sox are playing like they can't go to sleep without the thought of the Yankees creeping up on them...

Although you are a Sox fan, I have to assume you're NOT the village idiot of a small town in Texas...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebkev01. Show rebkev01's posts

Playing with a big lead is comforting, but that big lead is disappearing and I do believe they have hit their high water mark (even if they do stay in 1st). Indeed, this lineup may have too many holes, too many flaws, and too many untradeable contracts to win the whole thing. I'm not afraid of the Yankees, and I know this is not 1978. But it could be 2006, when the Sox came out of the gate fast (albeit not this fast) and stumbled late.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aragorn. Show aragorn's posts

Am I starting to get worried? No...I've been worried; now, I am just getting frustrated with the rotating door of overpaid poor shortstops and--less so--below average center fielders. O-Cab performed great for us; he was a perfect fit, a great chemistry guy, and he is currently leading the California/Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels with a 335 batting average and a stirring leadoff threat (which the Bosox have had problems with). I am starting to feel like the Red Sox won their title despite Theo as opposed to because of any contributions he might have maid. We need Ichiro, and we need him now--preferably without getting rid of Lowell, who has been terrific in a Red Sox uniform.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from falconn. Show falconn's posts

No need to worry just yet. Our pitching is deep and our bats have cooled off. Every team hits a slide at some point and this is probably the case with the Red Sox. Things will heat up once again and it will all be good on Yawkey Way.