1. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddy40. Show buddy40's posts

Yanks getting closer... you worried?

I am not worried,most teams go into a slump.If the R Sox are in a slump. Its better now then late in the season.They have plenty of time to come back stronger then ever,and they will.There is good ownership,management and players on the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dburnham. Show dburnham's posts

This was in evitable. The Sox were hitting in timely fashion to build a 14 1/2 gap between the Yanks and now they are stranding men like a ship sinking in the ocean. Is this an episode of the Deadliest Catch and the boat called the Red sox are calling a distress signal? No one can lead off and 30 million dollars a year in Drew, Crisp, and Lugo are dangling around the Mendoza line and choke with MISP. I sure the ship will right itself but will it be in time to save this comfortale lead( panic stars when it slips below five games) it just goes to prove that you can't sit on big leagues and you can't expect to win championships in June.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allencar. Show allencar's posts

If at least two of the present three anemic hitters (Drew, Lugo, Crisp) do not begin to hit consistently, we are not going to win. We are just not scoring runs, and no team can expect their pitchers to win all their games on 1 to 0 or 2 to 1 victories.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjham. Show kjham's posts

Worried?!?! No...I'm confident that the Sox will be out of first place by the time they leave San Diego. You can expect to win scoring 1-2 runs per game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aoxsouthone. Show aoxsouthone's posts

It all started with THE BOSTON SPORT WRITER, saying the Yankees are dead and ready to give the division flag to the Red Sox in May, you do not win the division in May is the team standing on top of the division at the end of the regular season, not the team in front by 12 and a half games ahead in early June, so don't count your money while sitting at the table, because THE YANKEES ARE COMMING AND THE RED SOX ARE FOLDING.

THASOX 01

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ceurvelsj. Show ceurvelsj's posts

rbreg7,

I am sorry to say, and I really hope that I am wrong, but this is the yankees here and as much as we like to say they "suck". Deep down we all know that they are a really good ballclub. I mean they do have the highest payroll in baseball.

So here is the bad news that I have to tell you .... Those numbers you came up with are very ironic because last year as of june 15 2006 until the end of the season. the sox went 50 and 48. And the yanks sadly enough went 60 and 38. See for yourself.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp?ymd=20060615

So again this doesn't mean that it's going to happen (and again, I really hope it doesn't) but we have to keep in mind that it is a little more likely to happen than we might think. But in the end, it will would actually make for a lot more exciting baseball. And if the sox do end up going anywhere in the postseason, I would much rather see them beating the yanks in the playoffs than a team like Anaheim because it makes it all that much better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtcooney. Show rtcooney's posts

I'm afraid. VERY afraid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbp118. Show mbp118's posts

"Nothing to worry about at al. Not only won't the Yankees catch the Red Sox-- the won't even finish in front of the Blue Jays. This last week has been a basic "market correction." The Sox will be on a roll very soon and will win the division going away."

You obviously haven't looked at the schedules. The Yankees aren't going to stop winning lots of games any time soon. Between now and August 6, they have only three series -- Mets, Oakland and California -- against potential playoff teams. All three are at home and the Mets series barely counts, since they're reeling right now. The Yankees will definitely catch up to the Red Sox during this stretch. The key is how many games the Red Sox get back on the Yankees in the rest of August.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgaulorr. Show jgaulorr's posts

Not worried here. If anyone ever thought the Red Sox would stay 14 games ahead of the Yankees doesn't know baseball. I love our team for the long haul and am totally cool with a 7 game lead.

Hey, our team is up by 7 games! Enjoy! Relax!

Go Red Sox!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannyofenway. Show dannyofenway's posts

Let's be honest. The Yankees' right and center fielders, thirdbase man and shortstop are (much) better than their Red Sox counterparts. The teams' respective left fielders, secondbase men and catchers are comparable. While the Red Sox's firstbase man and designated hitters are superior. Or put another way, the Yankees' starting nine (including DH) is (much) better than the Red Sox's starting nine. Thus, if the Red Sox's pitching, which is (much) better than the Yankees' pitching, does not finish strong, the Red Sox will be in very hot water come September.

Go Sox, Go!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jnsigel. Show jnsigel's posts

Hell yes I am worried. A few weeks ago I was sending daily emails to my Yankee fan friends with the subject line of: 12.5, 13.5, 14.5... and 27 back in 2007. The Sox can't hit and the Yanks are on a tear... 7.5 is nothing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rangaprabhu. Show rangaprabhu's posts

Cant blame the pitching. Other than the rare really bad games, our pitching has been keeping us in the game. Its the Coco-Lugo-Drew punch that does us in. They have been abysmal. They are that bad. When there are runners on base and one of these guys come up to bat, you can be rest assured they are not going to bring the runner home. At some point, pitchers of opposing teams arent going to be averse to even getting bases loaded by walking all hitters upto these guys.
    Youk and Pedroia give us hope after good streaks. Papi and Manny have been too silent for too long. I am a wee bit worried about Manny whose usual power is missing and Papi has been clutch either. But I cant blame Manny or Papi since they are still scoring and getting on base most times. Tek has been better than last year and Lowell has been a surprise savior for many games this season.
    Unless Lugo-Crisp-Drew start delivering, we are going to be competing for WC pretty soon. I still think we have the team to go all the way but not until the bats start delivering as paid for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarvisave. Show jarvisave's posts

I think the problem seems to be the hitting coach> A lot has been made of the failure of Lugo, Crisp, and Drew, but other than Youk and Pedroia, I am not seeing the hitters especially Manny and Papi looking as aggressive as in the past although those two are walking a lot. Still Papa Jack got production out of players like Bellhorn who did not have the raw talent of Crisp Drew and Lugo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

mihelangel
    Send E-Mail
    Add To Friends
    Ignore Posts

And you have the audacity to say there were no Yankee fans around last week? How would you know? Tell the truth now- You bought your first Sox hat in November of 2004,. It's ok, you can admit it,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuck45. Show chuck45's posts

HI DANNY YOUR POST WAS GREAT. IM EXTREMELY WORRIED ,AND YES I AGREE WITH YOU ON THE LINE UPS. ORTIZ AND ,ANNY ARE NOT GETTING THE BIG HITS .NEED I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE HORRIBLE THREESOME.THIS TEAM NEEDS A BIG JOLT. BRING UP B. MOSS.I LOVE MY SOX. LETS GO OUT AND WIN 6 IN A ROW.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from markc9. Show markc9's posts

In my opinion, it is time to get a new hitting coach. Too many players are having a bad year at the plate to blame it on the players or coincidence. Lugo and Drew were brought in for their bats. Neither looks good at the plate. Willy Mo lacks dicipline at the plate. And what is up with holding his bat behind hit back? It is not time to panic in Red Sox nation, but may be time to tweek the little things that will make a difference later in the year. Right now this team has the talent to win it all. Injuries will come. Catcher is the only area that would concern me. As we saw last year, there is no talent in the system behind Jason V. Tiem to get a backup catcher that has talent. If Wakefield needs a personal catcher, maybe it is time to trade him and his catcher. Lester is a short ride away and he is the future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from its82degrees. Show its82degrees's posts

NANCY DREW,COCO PUFF AND A DEVIL RAY SHORTSTOP. LOSE 1 GAME A WEEK AND BY MID SEPTEMBER WE BE LOVIN RANDY MOSS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from verrildd. Show verrildd's posts

mihelangel
    Send E-Mail
    Add To Friends
    Ignore Posts

And you have the audacity to say there were no Yankee fans around last week? How would you know? Tell the truth now- You bought your first Sox hat in November of 2004,. It's ok, you can admit it,

Now that is truly funny!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ginosr. Show ginosr's posts

As much as I love the SOX they have too many weaknesses in their lineup-Drew,Crisp, and Lugo are hitting a combined 224 - this is the second non-productive year for Crisp - what did Theo see in these three guys ?? Every rally gets stopped by one of these three - they have even less hitting on the bench - Hinske and Mirabelli are hitting below 200 and Willie mo is great striking out. - no way you can win a pennant with this lineup - the Yankees, unfortunately, have power in every position and now their pitching is jelling - we are in for another dsappointing summer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gatorpatriot. Show gatorpatriot's posts

Agree. While the skankees have been on a torrid pace lately, they will not be able to keep that up indefinitely. Eventually, they will face tougher AL competition, lose some games and settle in where they are. If the Sox bats pick up again (glad to see Lowell-Ortiz-Ramirez-Youk order), we should be able to add some games back to the lead.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 27in2007. Show 27in2007's posts

I have to say as a Yankee fan, I came onto this board to see what Soxfans were talking about. It's my first time here and one thing Iseem to be seeing a lot of, not only in the comments but also thesite's editors, is that the Sox pitching is not a problem. I'llbe the first one to admit that the Sox have a good starting pitchingstaff, one of the best in the league, but I have to question DiceK. As far as pitching stats are concerned the ONLY stat thatmatters is ERA. Wins mean nothing when assessing the impact of aparticular pitcher. (Remember how bad RJ was with the Yanks last year,5.0 era, yet he still one a ton of games).

Dice K is approaching a 5.0 era. The guy is not asuperstar. Not to mention, he's now been seen by most teams whichmeans he'll job will get harder. I don't want to totally diss theguy. I think he has some good stuff, but let's berealistic. He's no better than a 4th or 5th starter. Maybehe turns it around and becomes lights out. You never know. But as of now he has not come anywhere near living up to all the hypeprior to the start of the season. Peter King from SI had the guywinning the Cy Young this year! Based on nothing!

All-in-all the Yanks have made baseball fun again here in NY. Butthe Sox still have a sizable lead so they can't slow down now. We'll see where we are 2 months from now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from verrildd. Show verrildd's posts

Yes, it was funny, and I hope you're right about the yankees.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from irlnd32. Show irlnd32's posts

And yours would be the Fountain of Youth>>????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from irlnd32. Show irlnd32's posts

Another 20 something with the Yankme's, Red Sox nation has to do better than this. Who's this Matty Damon?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjmazz. Show bjmazz's posts

BigBambino??? Umm...thought you guys had moved on from your "curse" standby argument? Guess you conveniently forgot 2004, the Greatest Comback in History? Please. At least that is relatively recent. 1978 bears no merit here whatsoever. Its JUNE.