1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjmazz. Show bjmazz's posts

Yanks getting closer... you worried?

And I remember seeing Yankee Stadium empty except for SOX fans in 2004 after the Greatest Comeback in Sports History!!! Remember that?

Last year's sweep was of a very injured Sox team. No Varitek, Lester, Ortiz developed his irregular heartbeat that weekend...etc...no excuses, but dont forget that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjmazz. Show bjmazz's posts

Wish it were that easy. I'd love to have OC back. All these shortstops let go are doing fine, we're stuck with what they thought was AGon's bat with a poor glove, namely Lugo. At least if AGon hits .220, he backs it up with game-saving defense. I'd love to to see some heat on Magadan too. What was wrong with Papa Jack? They all loved him, and had great success. But, I'm of the opinion to give them more time. Its still June, and these guys have proven talent. But once late July rolls around and we're still in this same predicament, its time to make some big moves or bring up some PawSox like Ellsbury to lead off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtglass. Show celtglass's posts

I totally agree with you. We need a new GM, Theo needs to go. He keeps these players who do absolutely nothing for this team, and is just worried about trying to trade Mike Lowell, or let him go into FA, when him and Youk are the one's who have carried this team from the beginning of the season. I just don't get it. Drew and Lugo are only a year younger, and yet they get long term contracts. He needs to rethink what is right for this team, and not fix what is not broken. Lowell has proven himself both last year, and even more this year. Why not keep him for another 2 with the option of a 3rd? He sure isn't going to hurt this team, he can only help. And Youk is fine at first, probably better at first than he would ever be at third. Leave them alone, and fix what's really broken, and it's many holes that need to be fixed. The so called power hitters are doing nothing, here it is the middle of June, and Mike Lowell leads in home runs and rbi's, and Theo wants to get rid of him? Who knows maybe Youk is next, and then who will get the hits for this team? Get a new GM now, or else, last year will be repeated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from buenacolt. Show buenacolt's posts

It seems everyone is afraid to write off the Yankees but I'm not. They will not come back in this division; I don't even think they'll win the wild card. Nice little streak they're on but until they pitch that well against teams who can actually hit, I'm not impressed. What will that staff do this weekend against the Mets? I bet they give up at least 7 runs per game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjmazz. Show bjmazz's posts

And the 78 Yankees do exist today? Hello? Sounds like someone believes their own hype. Lets see, you believe in curses, Sasquatch, UFO's, and ghosts. You like long walks on Mars....I know your type. The CHOKE of 04 was FOUR games, when it COUNTED. CLUTCH TIME. That's when the yankees COLLAPSE. You see, CHOKING is when you COLLAPSE when it really COUNTS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerryboston. Show gerryboston's posts

I was at Wednesday night's game, and that, too, was plenty ugly. I have never seen so many "fans" leave Fenway so quickly. We stayed until the end, but it was just us and the ground crew. There was very little emotion from the crowd that night, as everyone expected something to happen, but it never materialized.

Here's hoping that the cold bats are quickly replaced and the fans help the Sox keep and extend their lead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjmazz. Show bjmazz's posts

Bambino, if you want to heard as a credible voice here, at least refrain from the babyish "Sux" namecalling. Even I am not saying "yankmees"....if you think Clemens is your OC and such, wow. Typical yank fan. He pitches once every 5 days, if that. How'd he do lifting Houston to championships?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjmazz. Show bjmazz's posts

Im sorry buddy, but their are plenty more "yankee-haters" out there in the "Baseball World" as you call it than Sox haters. You fans are a big part of it. Arrogance. Rudeness. Aggression. Ahh, yankee fans..............

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjmazz. Show bjmazz's posts

Credible and name calling on HERE, idiot. Bambino, yes, fans chant things. I'm talking about HERE. And Roger being "around"??????? Unless he wants to go home, then he leaves. He's a mercenary. He doesn't care. You shouldn't either. "Being around".........that's hilarious. And he pitched in the weaker NL only, which was who his first start was against....the worst team in the NL!!!!!!!!!!

SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjmazz. Show bjmazz's posts

No one here is complaining about the yankees. About yankee fans, yes. Because you come here to gloat and make people upset. Nice. Mature. Youre a Yankee fan. Since 1996.

And people hate the yankees because of HOW they win, or should say, "USED TO" win. It'll be a fun race, just enjoy the summer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjmazz. Show bjmazz's posts

Ummm, point exactly. He took the highest offer. Duh. That spells mercenary. If he really wanted to play at home, there was an offer. In Boston, there was an offer. He took the money. That's all. Not saying its wrong, just a fact.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bjmazz. Show bjmazz's posts

Baloney, you just said in a previous post he gave the sox a chance to match the offer, then you contacdict yourself in your last post. You have lost any credibility you may have had. Go to the Post or Daily News sites where your credibility will match theirs.

Fact is, Clemens preferred the MONEY. How can you not see that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gruv1145. Show gruv1145's posts

I've been following the Sox long enough to know the drill. Start fairly well then around June the

Swoon. Some big holes in the line up are revealed, then injuries, then excuses. Will this year

be different? Mmmmm........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nevermind. Show nevermind's posts

I am worried not about the division, but I am very worried about this year and the coming years which we invested in another shortstop!!!

What is that now the forth replacement for Nomar. Too bad we just didn't resign Gonzalez. Who knows what would have happened if we resigned the best defensive shortstop in the history of the club and gave him a little love no doubt he would be hitting better than Lugo lets not even mention the defense, but we knew that going in.

I am also worried about Johnny damon's replacement( Coco Crisp )!!!

For that matter, I am a little worried about all of Francona's lineups...Please find a lineup and go with it. If you are so worried about the leadoff spot just give Lugo 2-4 days off put Cora right into his spot and go from there. At worst the shortstop position will probably catch more balls. I would love to know just how many runs Coco Crisp is saving this team on defense? Could it be more than he is costing us on offense? Let's bite the bullet for 20-30 AB and see if Willy Mo can learn how to hit a curve! And that may be giving these picthers too much credit maybe he might see some crunch time fastballs. I know I have seen enough Red Sox pitchers throw them this year as well as in the past.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

I wasn't counting posts, but how long you'd been around. I was however counting all those fans who were disguised as seats in Fenway last night. They had to be dressed that way, since you so eloquently told us how no one ever leaves when the Sox are out of it?

Yankee fans leave the stadium in DROVES when their team gets behind by a few runs.

You NEVER see that kind of thing with Sox fans.

and from another day

No clock,but quitea time
    Published on May 14, 2007
    Author(s): Bob Ryan

Zakim Bridge. Storrow Drive. Jamaicaway. Exit 14 on Route 3 South. Newington, N.H. Route 495, North and South. These are, I'm sure, some of the places where yesterday afternoon Red Sox ticket-holders were listening to Joe and Dave on their car radios when they should have been cheering themselves hoarse along with the savvy ones who stayed to watch the Red Sox Comeback Of The Year.

It would seem that you are more likely a 42 minute fan than a 42 year fan as you are somewhat factually challenged. If you want anyone to take anything you say seriously and bestow the slightest bit of credibility on you, you need to remember a few things.

1. Facts. You need to present facts, not wishes, or wild statements that have no basis in anything other than some pie in the freaking sky dreams that you have as in here-

The yankees will finish out of the money this season. Won't even make the playoffs. And the only sad thing is-- there won't be a single yankee fan to rub it into-- they'll all have gone into hiding by the first week in September (if they even hang aroud THAT long).

2. Don't try to hide behind some silly diversionary tactic like attacking someone when they expose you. You make a statement that you have no factual basis for making since you weren't here, and then I'm wrong for pointing it out. Are you a member of the DNC?

Book it? What are you? A fan of Hawaii Five-0? Are you Dan-0?

I've been a Red Sox fan for 42 years. Through the good and bad-- and have been just as rabid every year-- regardless of the outcome.

Rabid? Ok, you're sick. That may explain some of it, but there are shots for that. The first step is admitting an illness, and you've done that. I applaud your courage.

You might want to go play on a Yahoo kids group, or maybe a myspace page, since you are unable to play in this league. It's ok, I know you thought you were ready, but maybe a few more months playing "fantasy posting" somewhere might help prepare you for the next time you try this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

bronx how ya been?

Not bad CP*** (the asterisks are for any name changes needed,lol). Glad you made it back from playing with the Roosevelts Group. I was on the America CVA-66, many, many moons ago. Now she's an artificial reef somewhere in the Atlantic. My son will be outta Marine boot camp in Nov, I'll tell him to look for the Canadian Navy if he ends up over there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Yes, I am worried.--> -->IÆm worried the team will quit like it did last year. I am not worried about the players quitting. IÆm worried the ôpack-it-inö culture established by the teamÆs general manager last August and September will surface. --> -->He, Theo, quit on us last year, not the players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatbenny. Show phatbenny's posts

I'm more worried about the Oakland A's. Their pitching is the best in the AL.

Red Sox pitching is much better than most seasons, and we could beat any team in the playoffs. But I see the Oakland A's getting into the playoffs and knocking off someone big in a division series. Could be the Sox or the Yanks.

I have to admire the A's. They are never that impressive on paper but then quietly sneak up on everyone in August and wreak havoc.

That being said, Go Sox!!! Can't wait for this series with the Giants!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from navykoz. Show navykoz's posts

Sorry, I'm a Red Sox fan, the most you'll get out of me is "possible!"

=-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from philadela44. Show philadela44's posts

"What is that now the forth replacement for Nomar. Too bad we just didn't resign Gonzalez.Who knows what would have happened if we resigned the best defensiveshortstop in the history of the club and gave him a little love nodoubt he would be hitting better than Lugo lets not even mention the defense, but we knew that going in. "

the sox first mistake was theo not tryin to do everything he could to hold onto Orland Cabrera...that dude was perfect for the sox.
    .337 BA, .381 OBP, (2007) .978 FPCT (career)
    Compared to where you guys are with julio...i'm not gunna bother with the stats, cuz i'm sure you all already know...

not a sox fan, so i don't know why theo didn't try harder to keep him...because of $$$???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxidiotwoman. Show redsoxidiotwoman's posts

No I'm not worried. Much more comfortable with these Red Sox than I was with the ones who had such a huge lead. Loved it but it wasn't the Sox, they like to break our hearts and give us stomach ulcers. Remember the mantra "Good seasonbefore the All-Star break...BAD season afterwards."

The thing I am worried about is Francona and his recent and constant changes to the line-up. Where is the logic that you have three of your weakest hitters at the top and then your three best hitters and then a mixture of good and bad.

Put Youk back as lead off hitter, he has a great OBP and can run, he makes it happen! And for crying out loud put Cora in at SS. Lugo needs to get in some more practice, preferably NOT during a game! Lugo 212 BA......Cora 286 BA you do the math!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I swear, reading some of these posts, you would think that half of RSN has perched themselves on the edge of the Green Monster and are threatening to jump. You are 7 1/2 games up in mid-June. Just relax and enjoy the rest of the season. I may be a Yanks fan and hate the Sawx, but I love this rivalry. There is nothing better in all of sports. Enjoy the summer, I think it is going to be a good one!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from spadpilot. Show spadpilot's posts

I try to be realistic about baseball and to be optimistic about things, in general, so, Am I worried? Yep! I am not sure if many of the people posting replies are old enough to remember the pre-2004 Red Sox, but the collapses were not that unusual. Just maybe later in the season.

Being a Sox fan for 30+ years, I have seen the best and worst. This doesn't look good. I would have never imagined the Sox would have a lengthy loosing streak like the one they are in now.

Supposedly, this year, the Sox are all healthy, they (pitchers and batters, alike) were playing over their heads for the first part of the season. The real talent has reared its ugly head, lately. Don't be surprised if the Yanks are in first place by the end of July.

It would take a small miracle or a disaster for the Yanks to fall back into the coma they were in during most of the first half.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from spadpilot. Show spadpilot's posts

2004......The Greatest Comeback in Sports History...humm!

It also changed the International Symbol for Choking to.."NYY"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vonhanep. Show vonhanep's posts

Drew and Lugo are major liabilities and rally-killers. This is getting ugly and it isn't even September.