1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Yanks getting closer... you worried?

Highlander, I would guess that the majority of the Arod boo-ers were the cousins of the pink-hat crowd from Boston. Since both teams have become the hot ticket again over the last decade, more and more people are showing up at the ballpark who are there not because they are baseball fans, but because they want to be seen at the ballpark while talking on their phone. Most of them wouldn't know a hook slide from hard slider. Unfortunately the only way to get rid of them from either ballpark is to have a team that plays like the Devil Rays.

Those "fans" are part of the "instant gratification" generation. A lot of them pop in and out of this place as well, and they are quite adept at showing how little they know. There are just as many wearing an interlocking "NY" somewhere on their person as there are others wearing whatever color "B" seems to be in fashion at the moment, so it makes for lots of entertainment for all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bob11389. Show Bob11389's posts

Sox fans shouldn't be any more worried than Mets fans. Are the Mets a lousy, plummeting team because they had a bad 10 games?

Nope. They're a good team with good players. Just like Boston.

When you get on these streaks you have to bottom out before you right yourself. Maybe the Sox and Mets wins tonight are a sign they're back on the rise.

If any of you can get WFAN in NYC listen if the Mets take 2 of 3 or sweep this weekend. You'll here legions of "loyal" Yankee fans getting ready to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, calling for Torre and Cashman's heads, etc.

We'll be fine. We're 8.5 up - I'd rather be us than them right now...wouldn't you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bob11389. Show Bob11389's posts

Bill Liederman, proprietor of Mickey Mantle's sports bar in New York City, has a new book: "Mickey Mantle's:Behind the Scenes at America's Most Famous Sports Bar." Liedermanwrites that he changed the name of the place to "Ted Williams's" afterthe Sox came back from a 0-3 deficit to beat the Yanks in 2004 and soonwas threatened with a lawsuit by the Mantle family. He also receiveddeath threats. "The Yankee fans acted like rabid dogs," Liederman said."After that display of poor sportsmanship. I am no longer rooting forthe Yankees; I am now a Red Sox fan."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jfromthebronx. Show jfromthebronx's posts

Posted by GFC228 on 4:13 AM
    Bill Liederman, proprietor of Mickey Mantle's sports bar in New York City, has a new book: "Mickey Mantle's: Behind the Scenes at America's Most Famous Sports Bar." Liederman writes that he changed the name of the place to "Ted Williams's" after the Sox came back from a 0-3 deficit to beat the Yanks in 2004 and soon was threatened with a lawsuit by the Mantle family. He also received death threats. "The Yankee fans acted like rabid dogs," Liederman said. "After that display of poor sportsmanship. I am no longer rooting for the Yankees; I am now a Red Sox fan."

I remember a few years ago when they auctioned of the name of the Fleet Center (I may be wrong, but it was someplace in Boston) for charity for a day, and some guy from NY bought the rights and was gonna name it for Derek Jeter, Boston went nuts.
    If that idiot in NY doesn't understand why the Yankee fans and the Mantle family were upset then he should be quite happy as a card carrying member of RSN. I'll even pay for a membership for the moron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicole55. Show nicole55's posts

THE FACT THAT THE LEAD IN THE AL EAST FOR THE RED SOX IS DOWN TO 7 JUST REMINDS US THAT WE CANT GET TO COMPLACENT. THE DAMN YANKEES ARE ALWAYS GOING TO BE A THREAT NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE NEED TO TRADE FOR A SET UP MAN LIKE GAGNE AND A BAT LIKE MARK TESHERIA!!!!!!!!!!!! YANKEES SUCK HA HA

NICOLE LEBLANC

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Yankee fans type with knuckles or elbows anyway....

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not nice CP. :-(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

LOL Yaz.......you have a unique way of looking at things, I will give you that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Diva, my lady there are a few of u that are good....I have always said that....LOL!!!!

LOL I know.......I just wanted to hear it again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Your knowledge of baseball astounds me. We are all fine and well after busting up the Metsies. And trust me, we are not going away. You may win the division, but we will be one of the final 4 come October in the AL. And Roger was great on Friday and you know that has you worried. But you guys has a good weekend versus Bonds and the 23 little leaguers. See you all real soon!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

Safe to suspect that Sox fans were loving the Yanks drawing the Mets before interleague play began. Admit it, you expected the Mets to put the Yanks away.

Cream rising to the top,that's all. Long season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpoppanom. Show cpoppanom's posts

I think the point he was trying to make was accurate. This slump has really been on the offensive bats, not the pitching. The pitching struggles, really, have only been a few recent games, and when things go south, eventually everyone falls into the slump. But c'mon! Even most of the Red Sox wins of late have been "2-1" or "1-0" games. Had it not been for the pitching, the Red Sox might have only won 1 or 2 of their last 10-15 games!

I don't know where you're getting all that. In the month of June (16 games), the Sox are now back up to .500: 8-8. In 8 of those games, Sox pitching gave up 3 or fewer runs. The other 8 they gave up 5 or more.

Now, it's hard for me to rag TOO hard on this staff, as it has given up the 3rd fewest runs in MLB. But going back to what I originally said, can you disagree? Tavarez has had a game or two this season that he pitched well. But I'd say his 4-4 record and 4.97 ERA scream that he shouldn't be in the starting rotation. Daisucky, with his 8-5 record and 4.18 ERA don't seem front-end to me, which is why he's #3. But for my money, I'd rather see those stats at #4 or 5. And I think the reason why is that I've seen him pitch. In 14 starts, he's had 5 games that look really bad on paper. But I'd argue that some of the other 9, even though he didn't give up as many runs as his bad games, he didn't pitch well - just somehow got out of some scrapes.

But whatever. I dont' say any of this as an argument that the offense is good. I'm not an idiot. This offense sucks. Crisp is sooooo bad, and I would assume the only reason he's still in the lineup is for defense. Lugo, on the other hand? How is HE still playing? Bringing absolutely NOTHING to the team. No offense. No defense. I don't know HOW the hell he has so many RBIs and stolen bases. I could care less, though. I'd trade all that in a heartbeat for someone that can get on base more often. And on top of these horrible offensive players, let's throw in the fact that certain players (who go without saying) aren't quite doing what they're expected to do. And then there's Drew.....

I agree with you about the management's stupidity about Hanley Ramirez. But Trot Nixon?!? I love the guy, but he won't stay healthy and simply can't be dependable as a starting fielder (though I suppose Drew wasn't the best alternative, given his injury history).

Don't misunderstand. I've always loved Trot as well, but wanted to seem him supplanted in RF for a LONG time. But Drew? It's amazing that Drew's agent (or whoever) could feed Theo and the gang a line that would make them look past Drew's history. And it's even MORE amazing that Theo and gang could turn around, spin the same load of crap to RSN, and WE all bought it (well, not me). You want to upgrade Trot? Fine. I understand. I love him, but it's for the best. So how 'bout you go get someone whose career doesn't look EXACTLY the same? Do you think I'm exaggerating? Check it out.

Nixon - 1,037 career games, 3,472 career at bats (rookie season 1999)

Drew - 1,019 career games, 3,359 career at bats (rookie season 1999)

Nixon - career .276, 957 hits, 569 runs, 135 HR, 215 2B, 28 3B, 546 RBI

Drew - career .284, 953 hits, 642 runs, 166 HR, 169 2B, 34 3B, 537 RBI

See what I mean? But everyone was SO excited that Nixon was be replaced by the awesome Drew. Gimme a break.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

Dynastycontinues appears to be related to yankeediva. Her son perhaps

04 you get lower every day. Would you like me to bring up your family on here? That just isn't right and you know it. And how is it you know so much about me and my family anyway? Not only is it low it is creepy. Maybe it would be best if you don't mention me at all. And I won't mention you. Obviously putting you on ignore isn't working because you are still talking about me. I only have one other step to take. Are you going to force my hand?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

LOL!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

LOL!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

You might want to have your "ignore" button looked at. It doesn't seem to be working very well. :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4of11. Show 4of11's posts

Wow now some RS fans are complaining about the schedule. Give me a break, over 162 games it all evens out. And if you have to bring up the schedule than you are probably a moron or do not know squat about baseball. As well as the NYY are playing now and as well as RS was playing not to long ago any, and I repeat ANY team can beat any team on any given night. And the travel part although it is easier to take a bus to shea then fly 2 hours to ATL, I am sure the RS had some shorter flights this year while NY had some longer one's. Maybe the schedule maker can now try to predict when a team will be hot and when a team slumps so that he can figure out a teams schedule like that and try to make it more balanced, would that make you feel better? Becuase that is what it sounds like when someone gripes about "its not fair the NYY play the Mets when they are in a slump". Get a grip.

My bet the NYY go 60-35 the rest of the year and as usuall get their 95 plus wins and a playoff berth as always. As for the division, it depends on 2 things if the RS have any injuries and if their pitching continues to excell. Thats my 2 cents anyway.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorpio1969. Show scorpio1969's posts

Are Yankess fans any different? Please...when they were on their losing tear, you all wanted Joe Torre's head, Cashman's head, anyone's head who would fit the blame! No matter what team it is, if they are losing, the fans will complain.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

I doubt we'll see " MichaelRuth " again until the Sox drop a couple of games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeus142. Show zeus142's posts

Seven games in the loss column with so many games left is certainly do-able. There are soooo many variables that can happen, injuries, aquisitions, young players coming up and contributing, etc. Don't the teams still have seven or eight games left with each other. Certainly I'd rather be seven games up, but the way the Yankees have been playing, and with their starting staff healthy, seven games is very conceivable. At this point, Wakefield and Shilling are a bit shaky. The Yankee starting lineup is a much better hitting lineup, deeper, than the Sox. (Even though our bench is pathetic.) The ball is still in your court. If the Sox can keep winning at a near .600 pace, as they did earlier, we won't catch up. But that's extremely difficult. Seven games in over three months is very do-able.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

" The team stops playing like Stepin Fetchit and starts playing as the Yankees have the past two weeks."

Looks like Fred knows this, Rox.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Except for the RSN sky falling, I'm doing good, and you? :-)

If the Yankees keep winning on their up coming road trip, it'll be tough for the Sox to maintain this lead. But, I think the Sox will start hitting again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

"like the poster that started that Manny thread,where was he when Manny WAS going bad???"

No kidding. It gets ridiculous. The punching bag du jour is Schilling.

Did you know he's "done"? ;-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorpio1969. Show scorpio1969's posts

Just a little FYI for you....the Red Sox DO NOT SUCK! In case you hadn't noticed they have the best record in baseball!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruck3. Show ruck3's posts

This is a dumb subject, someone please delete it.

Ruck3

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Keep pitching a fit. It's fun to watch. :-)