1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Your Red Sox midseason report card

bump..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

I would give him a C, an A- for his defense and a C- for his offense. The guy is one of the best behind the plate, blocking pitches, calling a good game and his recognition of everything going on. He is one person we can't replace or afford to lose for any length of time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate0322. Show kate0322's posts

[Quote]
    I would give him a C, an A- for his defense and a C- for his offense. The guy is one of the best behind the plate, blocking pitches, calling a good game and his recognition of everything going on. He is one person we can't replace or afford to lose for any length of time.
    [/Quote]

Little confusing of a grade.  If he is the one person the Sox can't replace or afford to lose for any length of time shouldn't get get a better grade then average?

Because of his ability to call a game, his defense, his leadership, etc. I give him a B. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

A+(CALLING GAME) A(DEFENSE) D(OFFENSE)=B

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Dwight, I'm with you.  Great guy behind the plate but dead wood in the box.  He takes some of the most god-awful swings at absolutely terrible pitches.  Might as well go up to bat carrying rolled up newspaper. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayCrew. Show FenwayCrew's posts

Our Offense gets an A, our depth and better performances from Drew, Manny, Lugo and Crisp along with the additions to bench guys like Lowrie, Crisp, Casey and Moss have been a pleasant surprise.

Our Defense gets an A also, dispite Lugo our guys have been solid and consistent.

Terry gets a B, he has done another solid job but still caters to guys like Timlin too much when he is healthy.

Theo gets an A, for not trading for Santana and sticking with the kids.  He has also solidified a horrible bench by utilizing Lowrie, Moss, Casey and Crisp.  He did not expect injuries to Curt, Dice and Clay but found help in Colon and Masterson who I always thought would be a very effective starter.

Our pitching staff gets a B- because as a holes only Lester and Dice have improved.  Oke, Pap, Clay and the pen have been a bit dissapointing.  Wake has been Wake, Colon and Masterson have kept us respectable.  I think we could use a trade but part of me says wait things out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Recifense. Show Recifense's posts

Typically, someone gets only one grade.  Tek gets an A-.  A for everything except hitting, which drags it down a notch.  But he's overall A+ behind the plate, in the dugout, and in the locker room.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JacqueStrappe. Show JacqueStrappe's posts

[Quote]
    Terry gets a B, he has done another solid job but still caters to guys like Timlin too much when he is healthy.

OK, Tito used Timlin just 5 times in 15 games in June, all blowouts.  Excuse me.  Once Timlin made an appearnace against the middle of the order of a weak Oriole lineup with a 4 -run lead in the 9th inning.  If this is the reason for penalizing him a full mark, how much credit did you give him for quickly moving DelCarmen into the "8th inning 1- 3run lead role" as opposed to sticking with a struggling Okajima?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MSix. Show MSix's posts

Tek is the most important player on the team. Period. He's one of the best behind-the-plate tacticians in MLB history. He's caught four no hitters. No one else has done that. And that is largely because of his pitch calling ability. He may not be the best hitter, but he does come up with some clutch hits from time to time.

The team itself seems to be more stable than last year. Remember how they bolted out the box last year and then faltered around the All-Star break? Then they sort of stumbled a bit before coming alive in the post season. This year they still are a bit streak-prone, but they are on a more level plane. I give them (and Tek) an A- to date.

Sections
Shortcuts