1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeciliaCCB. Show CeciliaCCB's posts

Your thoughts on pink hats

Why do people hate pink hats?  Because it's women who wear them and some guys think women can't be true sports fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heddy. Show heddy's posts

No it's because when the Sox weren't winning you were no where to be found, now that they are on top of the world the "pink hats" think it's trendy to root for the Sox and attend a game or 2. Wait till they have a loosing season and we will see how many pinkys are at Fenway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dglowell. Show dglowell's posts

WHo Cares???? I think the Green Sox Hats are a worse fasion statement anyways (kind of the male equivelent to the pink hats). Old or new fan I like the fact that Fenway is always full. It helps the team. Yeah, I realize that when they wern't winning ten years ago and it was easier to get seats, but who in their right mind wants to return to that?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wndsrfr. Show wndsrfr's posts

It's a beautiful thing, as long as it has a  capital B on it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxman66. Show jaxman66's posts

Who really cares.  If you are a fan you are a fan.  Better to ware a pink/green sox hat than a Yankee hat.  Don't we have better things to get fired up about. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

I think it's fine as long as a guy is not wearing it.  Anyway - Let's worry about what's going on the field.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1393332. Show user_1393332's posts

I am a woman
     I am a Red Sox  Fan since 1961
     I am  extremly knowledgable about baseball and the Red Sox. Watch every game, can't go to Fenway anymore, can't afford it, but I will always be a RS fan.
     I never have and never will own or wear a pink hat!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dooby275. Show dooby275's posts

I dont understand why guys would be upset at this.  Have you been to a game lately and seen the girls walking around wearing the pink hatas at the ballpark.  Its great to see some hot girls around the stadium.  I dont know how any guy could complain.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

We have enough hate from the rest of the country for New England sports, now were turning on our own fans for wearing pink hats?
    Who cares if they are fair weather fans or not?

Isn't sports supposed to bring in new fans? I have no problem with the ladies wearing pink hats, and anyone that does has some real issues.

Leave these ladies alone that wear the pink hats and focus on rooting for the sox.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsulli4207a. Show bsulli4207a's posts

Hmmm..I wonder how many "new" sox fans bought regular blue caps after '04. I would hazard a guess that thousands bought the standard caps after the worls series win, and were not ostracized.
       It's absulutely idiotic to think that the pink caps are "newbies" only. I think they are just girls.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3in4. Show 3in4's posts

I think this whole topic is ridiculous. Who cares if a woman is wearing a pink hat? Personally, I think it can be sexy. I don't mind a little fashion here and there. I have my standard blue "B" hat, but I also have a black one, a black with silver sox, a blue with sox, a green with a shamrock and green and white camos. Why can't representing your team also be fun? People who are so against pink hats need to lighten up a little. I don't see why everyone can't enjoy the ride - long suffering or not. I guess people need to complain about something and since the sports scene has been so good this is the best they could come up with. Ladies, you are always welcome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sox-2004. Show Sox-2004's posts

[Quote]I hate pink hats.  Where were they in 2000 when the team wasn't good?  I can't wait until the Sox start losing so the pink hats go away.[/Quote]

Now there's a real fan - wanting the Sox to lose so he can prove his point.  People need to get over themselves.  It's only a hat.  Find something better to complain about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxboy71. Show soxboy71's posts

To me, the pink hat notion represents fair-weather fans.  Back in the early part of the decade, Yankee hats were all over Boston.  The stopped winning and the NY logo largely disappeared.  There is a subculture of people who follow the success.  They like the party atmosphere and good feeling that comes with winning.  They use their money and connections to get into the venues.  Meanwhile, those of us who sat out rain delays in the bleachers so Matt Young could qualify for a win in 1992 can't get access to tickets anymore.  That's what frustrates me the most.  It feels like the team outgrew me.

Lots of times, when these people who went to game 2 of the '04 World Series because their company gave them tickets starts blathering on about "Big Papi" or something, I like to switch the subject to some random eighties player and talk about those days.  If they stare blankly it usually ends the conversation.

Not to be a killjoy, but many long-sufferers are being left out.  It feels like celebrating your dad's sixtieth birthday with strangers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsulli4207a. Show bsulli4207a's posts

I cannot believe that we are now seperating our fans by hat color....  Pink, Blue, green, camo, white,... whatever.
    As long as it's got the "B". 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonfresh. Show lemonfresh's posts

This is why I hate Boston sports fans. I moved  here from another state a few years ago and the intolerance and self-righteousness of  Boston fans is out of control. Sports should be fun. Rooting for your team should be fun. It should not be about who is the better or bigger fan. People who wear a pink hat or even a Yankees hat (I know -- horrors!) should be able to enjoy a game in Fenway Park without being harrassed. You people take yourselves way too seriuosly and you make Bostonians look bad. Show some good sportsmanship, lighten up and enjoy the sport.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from whosknockin. Show whosknockin's posts

Having a team with Beckett, Ramirez, Drew, Dice K et alcosts $$$. You better get creative with your marketing. Maybe if the HaywoodSullivan or Lou Gorman regimes had dreamed this up we could have afforded thatone extra piece we needed then. Give me a box seat to a World Series game inFenway and I’ll wear pink longjohns with a B. All you whiners should becondemned to life as die hard Lakers fans so you can find out what bandwagonfans really are (and still come up short, lol).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtstraz. Show jtstraz's posts

[Quote]I hate pink hats.  Where were they in 2000 when the team wasn't good?  I can't wait until the Sox start losing so the pink hats go away.[/Quote]

After seeing something like this, I would rather see everyone at Fenway wearing pink hats if they keep winning. If you are a sox fan why on gods green earth would you wish the start losing? That doesn't make any sense at all. Do more people watch the sox now that they are winning...of course...but isn't it a good thing for them to have more fans and keep winning than go back to the days of old with less fans and less wins?

Seems to me people need to remember that pink hat, green hat, silver hat, yellow hat....whatever they wear...we are all sox fans...new and old.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul9639. Show paul9639's posts

I can't wait until the Sox start losing so the pink hats go away

Really?  People care that much about a hat?  Come on. This is ridiculous. The only reason this story has legs is that the majority of sports writers hate the pink hats.  This is the same mentality that killed alternative rock in the 90's. You love something but you want it to be exclusive. Casual/new fans become the enemy. I liked this team when they sucked sounds an awful lot like I liked this band when they were playing in a garage. Get over it. The pinks hats, sold out ball park, Green Monster merchandise and Red Sox Nation cards pay for our championship caliber baseball team. Advocacy=revenue

Besides, girls look cute in the hats....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

[Quote]This is why I hate Boston sports fans. I moved  here from another state a few years ago and the intolerance and self-righteousness of  Boston fans is out of control. Sports should be fun. Rooting for your team should be fun. It should not be about who is the better or bigger fan. People who wear a pink hat or even a Yankees hat (I know -- horrors!) should be able to enjoy a game in Fenway Park without being harrassed. You people take yourselves way too seriuosly and you make Bostonians look bad. Show some good sportsmanship, lighten up and enjoy the sport.[/Quote]If you want to talk
    about bad sportsmanship, look at the Yankees whose fans wear the
    "GotRings" T-Shirts and believe their team is ordained by our Creator to
    win every year till the end of time. We'll just buy another WS, say the
    Yankee fans, and who can blame the Sox for trying to buy players and
    win also....at least we blunted some of the Yankee arrogance. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from whosknockin. Show whosknockin's posts

Besides, girls look cute in the hats....

At the risk of being a pig....rock on Paul9639. Are there those who hate the sight of pretty ladies in pink hats during the seventh inning stretch? I think we should brand them "pinkhatophobes". I bet most of them model one in their closets during rain delays. And they've made it very clear they like pain.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillCo. Show WillCo's posts

...I'll never understand the issue of "pink hats"!...in the literal sense it's just a choice of color for mostly women (I hope) and figuratively I guess it's just a weak term to indicate jumping on the bandwagon, being a fair weather fan with limited knowledge of the team or game itself but being onboard because it's the thing to do!...almost as annoying as Dan Shaughnessey's coined term"Curse of The Bambino"...thank the lord we don't have to listen to that crap anymore!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jforcier98. Show jforcier98's posts

[Quote]I am a woman
     I am a Red Sox  Fan since 1961
     I am  extremly knowledgable about baseball and the Red Sox. Watch every game, can't go to Fenway anymore, can't afford it, but I will always be a RS fan.
     I never have and never will own or wear a pink hat!
    [/Quote]

Amen...my girlfriend and i are die hard sox fans....even before the winning....and even she thinks the pink hats are ridiculous...shes always like..."who wears those, they're not even the team colors."  They are also ridiculous looking...who WOULD voluntarilly wear one??? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from debi77. Show debi77's posts

Just to comment on the green hats. The difference between wearing a green hat and wearing a pink hat is that the team actually wears the green hats a couple times a year. It is one of their alternate uniforms that represents the Irish history of boston. I think they only people that should be able to wear pink hats are little girls, babies so we know they are girls and we don't mistake them for little boys. Ha ha

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from marathon300. Show marathon300's posts

I can't believe people make such a big deal about pink hats. It all started when the morons from the Big Show on EEI started this nonsense. What, my wife should take a rash of crap because she wears one to a game? Oh, that's right, she isn't as big a fan as fat load Ordway. What stupidity.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AndersonforBags. Show AndersonforBags's posts

Whether you are a long term die hard or relative newbie a fan is still a fan, and as far as I am concerned its better to cheer for the Sox than the Yankees. Keep in mind that fathers who have been fans for a long time are buying these pink hats for their young daughters who are just getting introduced to the game, and to the Sox. Same goes for some husbands and their wives. Anyone who would get that riled up over a pink hat might have their own cap pulled on a little too tight.....