1. You have chosen to ignore posts from daniellecorinne. Show daniellecorinne's posts

Your thoughts on pink hats

I hate pink hats.  Where were they in 2000 when the team wasn't good?  I can't wait until the Sox start losing so the pink hats go away.
    from anig7m in Post #9009065

you officially are the dumbest Sox fan I have ever met

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from daniellecorinne. Show daniellecorinne's posts

I have been a fan since birth which is 1981 my 1st 2 fave players were Wade Boggs and Mike Greenwell.  I don't do the pink only cause I don't like the color but I was so damn happy when then made female sized sox clothing I nearly bought all of it.  Women can be die hard fans too in fact I'm willing to bet I know more about the team and baseball then most men on this board.  DO we have bandwagon fans now of course we're winning I'll go to games and educate them as long as the team keeps bringing on the rings

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomer5. Show Boomer5's posts

[Quote]I hate pink hats.  Where were they in 2000 when the team wasn't good?  I can't wait until the Sox start losing so the pink hats go away.[/Quote]

Tell us... where were you in 2000, when the Sox finished a couple of games out of first, Nomar led the league in batting at .372 and Pedro won the Cy Young award. ?

What kind of Sox fan are you, if you say the "team wasn't goo" in 2000?   I'm sure you wear the right colored hat, though.  It's Yankees hat, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomer5. Show Boomer5's posts

[Quote]Tell us... where were you in 2000, when the Sox finished a couple of games out of first, Nomar led the league in batting at .372 and Pedro won the Cy Young award ?

What kind of Sox fan are you, if you say the "team wasn't good" in 2000?   I'm sure you wear the right colored hat, though.  It's Yankees hat, right?[/Quote]

Sorry for the typo... emotion, you know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

[Quote]The term "Pink Hattter" has nothing to do with the color of the person's hat.  And anyone who doesn't know it is a "poseur".

The term Pink Hatter originally referred to people who go to church on the big holidays (Christmas and Easter).  The increased attendence would overflow the parking lot and make finding a place to sit very difficult.  People who would attend church every Sunday and would normally have an easy time finding a place to park and a place to sit had a much more difficult time doing so.

Some of the women who would go to church only on Easter would wear a pink hat.  As a result, they became known as "Pink Hatters".

The term was extended to people who would go to sporting events for the WS or NBA Championship, making it much more difficult (and expensive) for regular fans who supported the team through the season and during seasons when the team sucked.

It has been further extended to fans who started going to Baseball games since 2004, making tickets much harder to come by and much more expensive.  People who would go to 10 or 15 games in 2003 are lucky if they get to go to 2 or 3 games this season.

Anyone who calls someone a "Pink Hatter" because they are wearing a Pink Hat is the true Pink Hatter.[/Quote]

Props to you for the etymology lesson - the term 'pink hatter' indeed is an old one, and connotes superficial allegiance to any number of things...

Just like the literal-minded nitwits at EEI to miss the figurative sense, and the misogynists amongst us to make it about women fans. it's just unfortunate the trm 'pink hat' spread - the old denotation 'bandwagoner' was certainly sufficient.

I dislike those new fans who jumped on board because baseball in NE is now 'cool' due to a few rings. I dislike them because I have to suffer in a virtual waiting room to try in vain to score tickets that so many of them seem to have lucked into. I don't want it to go back to the days I was at grad school in Boston and there were so few fans in the bleachers and grandstands you could hear an echo, but it flat out stinks how difficult it is now is to get tickets.

Of course, the answer to that dilemma is a new stadium - and here's the real problem. Old time fans love Fenway Park and most of us consider it a national treasure while most bandwagoners could care less about Fenway's historic nature. But for everyone who wants to  enjoy games live to be satisfied, it will take a major increase in seating.

So old time fans lose either way - lose the legendary park OR rarely get to see the team they've rooted for for decades.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[Quote]No it's because when the Sox weren't winning you were no where to be found, now that they are on top of the world the "pink hats" think it's trendy to root for the Sox and attend a game or 2. Wait till they have a loosing season and we will see how many pinkys are at Fenway.[/Quote]

That's because no one thought of marketing them before.  I'm all for the pink hats since I'm all for women being park of our fanbase.  I go to a sportsbar where some of the women put the guys to shame for baseball knowledge.  One of the female bartenders not only knows our guys, but every player on the opposing team.  She despises the Yankees and can tell the weakness of every Yank batter.  And since Yankee fans hate the pink hats, that makes me like them even more. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

[Quote]
    Instead, you took the tickets for granted and allowed other to buy them.  Now you can't sit behind 1st anymore.  [/Quote]

True, Joe. But many fans don't live in Massachusetts, and never  bought season tickets to split them up even five ways, because what we wanted was to go to five to seven games a year when we could get up to Fenway, as always. Yes, we did take it for granted that that handful of games would always be accessible to us.

Now they're not. That stinks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindbergh1. Show lindbergh1's posts

I have a hat from 1967, the first game my Dad took me to. I also have a red hat from 1975 that I also bought at Fenway. I got a MLB  dark blue 'regulation' Sox hat in 2004.

I've met several Sox over the years including Rico Petrocelli, Darrell Brandon & Jim Lonborg. Ken Coleman even gave me a signed copy of his book as a gift.

The year I was 10 I dressed up as Carl Yastrzemski for Halloween. I was so proud because I sewed the Number 8 to my white shirt all by myself.

When I was 12, my Dad gave me an autographed Yastrzemski baseball for Christmas.

I bought a pink hat three years ago at the Mobil station in Franklin, Mass because I tried it on and it looked good on me.

Does this make me suddenly not a fan because I own a pink cap?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillCo. Show WillCo's posts

...LOL...what a society!...there's war, poverty & strife everywhere, gas is over $4/gallon in the U.S. and over double that abroad, the midwest is under water,you can't say a damn thing without offending someone somewhere, one of the few satirists who could ever make me laugh about all of it just passed away (George Carlin) and there's been approx 400 posts today on PINK F*CKIN'  RED SOX HATS!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosox1986. Show Bosox1986's posts

I have been a Red Sox fan  since the early 80's when we we trotting bumbs out to the pitchers mound on nightly basis.  I have 2 year old daughter who can recite the line-up with me and I bought  a pink hat for her when she was born.  She also owns pink ortiz t-shirt.  She has already been to six games in the last two years and  they haven't lost when she has gone. So now does she qualify as pink hatter or  Red sox fan.  By the way I am season ticket holder who has  moved to other terriotory(NY) but still wear my  allegiance on my  sleeve like badge of honor for all Boston sports teams(even the rock,paper, scissors champ) to this I ask the question why pick apart the  posers we know who they are can't we just out number  NY fans?  Put a squash to what city has the best sports FANS and TEAMS in the world.  Let's just work together  to stick it  to the steinbrenners for the years to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aDavisSquare. Show aDavisSquare's posts

Of course, the answer to that dilemma is a new stadium - and here's the real problem. Old time fans love Fenway Park and most of us consider it a national treasure while most bandwagoners could care less about Fenway's historic nature. But for everyone who wants to  enjoy games live to be satisfied, it will take a major increase in seating.

So old time fans lose either way - lose the legendary park OR rarely get to see the team they've rooted for for decades.[/Quote]

You honestly think 15,000 more seats will satisfy demand? Gillette Stadium holds 68,000 people and its impossible to get an actual seat unless your a season ticketholder, on the waiting list, or have connections.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from edgreiscih. Show edgreiscih's posts

what difference does the color make? I grew up loving the Sox, and  as long as it has the big red "B" on it, any color says we love our sox!  My husband bought me a pink hat, because I love the  color pink....that does not make me less of a sox fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from leteng. Show leteng's posts

I got one for my 4 year old daughter and she won't take it off.  When did sox fans become fashion police?  It gets the same number of sneers when we walk into Camden as my true blue hat, so BFD!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from googs81. Show googs81's posts

[Quote]The player's name on a home jersey thing bugs the hell out of me too. [/Quote]

Thank you! I thought I was the only one....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lindbergh1. Show lindbergh1's posts

[Quote]...LOL...what a society!...there's war, poverty & strife everywhere, gas is over $4/gallon in the U.S. and over double that abroad, the midwest is under water,you can't say a damn thing without offending someone somewhere, one of the few satirists who could ever make me laugh about all of it just passed away (George Carlin) and there's been approx 400 posts today on PINK F*CKIN'  RED SOX HATS![/Quote]

and you're reading them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SummerRain. Show SummerRain's posts

Does anyone know who even coined the phrase "pink hat"?

Annoying fans are annoying no matter what color their hat is. Waving at the cameras while on the cellphone, not knowing who the players are, bandwagon jumpers - all annoying no matter what color hat they wear.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PapikilledRuth. Show PapikilledRuth's posts

I don't care about pink hats.  I have been a sox fan since 1985 when I was eight years old.  I now live in NY, and watch the sox on my computer everyday.  However, I must say it is great to be able to buy tickets for $5/piece three days prior to a Johan Santana game.  I love to watch any baseball live but unfortunately the sox have priced out many of their core fans.  I watched the 13 inning game against the Cards at home and could not believe how quiet Fenway was during that game....baseball is the greatest sport there is.. JUST WATCH THE GAME!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

[Quote]
    You honestly think 15,000 more seats will satisfy demand? Gillette Stadium holds 68,000 people and its impossible to get an actual seat unless your a season ticketholder, on the waiting list, or have connections.[/Quote]

Not completely, but it may take the edge off the hunger.

for the record, i don't support a new stadium - ownership has maxed out the seating capacity, and perhaps can eke out a few more..but if i never score tickets again to Fenway i can live with it - flatscreen, 42 inches and HD have made watching at home fairly satisfying - but Fenway Park must remain.

as is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

[Quote]
    You honestly think 15,000 more seats will satisfy demand? Gillette Stadium holds 68,000 people and its impossible to get an actual seat unless your a season ticketholder, on the waiting list, or have connections.[/Quote]

for the record, i don't support a new stadium - ownership has maxed out the seating capacity, and perhaps can eke out a few more..but if i never score tickets again to Fenway i can live with it - flatscreen, 42 inches and HD have made watching at home fairly satisfying - but Fenway Park must remain.

as is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

[Quote]

as is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firefligh. Show Firefligh's posts

sorry for the multiple posts -

Will the IDIOTS who 'upgraded' this board freaking get off their iNCOMPETENT backsides and DO something about the dial up loading speed?

Tired of your inept insincere promises that things 'soon' will be 'fixed', 'dotcom' incompetents.

You screwed this place up, now rectify it, you freeloading aholes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[Quote]...LOL...what a society!...there's war, poverty & strife everywhere, gas is over $4/gallon in the U.S. and over double that abroad, the midwest is under water,you can't say a damn thing without offending someone somewhere, one of the few satirists who could ever make me laugh about all of it just passed away (George Carlin) and there's been approx 400 posts today on PINK F*CKIN'  RED SOX HATS![/Quote]

Lol, I have to agree.  This is our in-your-face society.  With all the heavy sh_t going on they're still bitching about Britney or Lindsay on the news.  This country has led to me to the conclusion either god doesn't exist, is not paying attention or no longer in the business of smiting.  Lol.  I swear on the graves of my ancesters if a asteroid landed on us, I'd stand on my deck, light up my last Newport, throw down my final Long Island Ice Tea and shout at the heavens, "What the hell took you so long?"  Lmao. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdpinstripes. Show jdpinstripes's posts

Please, from what I've seen the PINK HAT LOSERS love the ballpark. Why? Because they haven't been anywhere else. Give me San Francisco, Baltimore or Arizona, with seats a 5'10, 160 lb guy can actually fit in without trouble. God, I couldn't imagine what it would be like for a fat guy.

Pink Hats think the ballpark is quirky, real fans just care about the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphy82. Show murphy82's posts

Good Lord,

I wear a few Red Sox hats - one of them is Pink with a Blue B.  My husband bought it for me.

I was there when we lost to the Mets, I was there for the Impossible Dream Team.  I know that Yaz wont the tripple crown in '67. Don't hate me because I have a pink hat - that is ridiculous.  We are all rooting for the same team, right?

Does anybody know that we are at War and that the economy is crazy and the dollar is at an all time low?  C'Mon Sport is fun, it is where we forget about hating anyone...except the Yankkes - they suck.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 24BN24. Show 24BN24's posts

Good lord! Is this really something we care about? I can't believe how some of you are actually pissed!  Jesus!

We've won the World Series 2 times in the past few years, we have the best baseball players in the game, every game is sold out and we're currently in first place, yet you all can still find something to whine about.
    I guess some habits are hard to break.

Who give a fiddlers fart what color hat someone wears?

REALLY, WHO FLIPPIN' CARES??