1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingAwesomeDawg. Show KingAwesomeDawg's posts

Your thoughts on pink hats

What is wrong with pink hats for girls! Girls are suppost to wear pink! Anyways who cares! I am a expert of winning teams and all my faverite teams win the championship so I know all about it! And you are SUPPOST to wear a hat of your team! Doy! Maybe if some of you people knew how to have your team win the big game you would see! 
    All MY teams win the championship! I even have my own massage board about all my awesome teams and how we RULE and how i am the BEST fan of all!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parrottrockwood. Show parrottrockwood's posts

The Red Sox sell pink, purple, green and even the camflouge Red Sox baseball hats at Fenway Park-- and Mr. Martelli and Mr. Trocchio should pay more attention to the actual baseball game and less about the colors of the hats that fans are wearing.  Isn't it what's under the hat and in the heart that really matters--and after paying those Red Sox ticket prices if one is even lucky enough to score tickets, I will wear whatever color hat I so choose.  As a high school public school teacher, I would caution Mr. Martelli about his two young daughters and the color pink.  Talk to me when Jordan and Kayla are teenagers and let me know how effective the "pink-ban" is/was--a pink Red Sox hat may be the least of his worries!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teach34. Show teach34's posts

heddy..........as someone else replied, do you want to go back in time???? And while you're thinking about that learn to spell. Check your message.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaycee. Show jaycee's posts

Uh, sorry...but I've been a huge Sox fan since the 70's.  Whether they won or lost.  I was born and raised a sox fan for over 40 years.  I have red Red Sox hats, Blue ones, red and blue, red white and blue, black and now PINK!!  You guys need to get over yourselves and figure out that its not just "johnny come lately" fans wearing pink hats.  I happen to love the sox so much, I buy any hat with their logo and match my outfits.

[Quote]No it's because when the Sox weren't winning you were no where to be found, now that they are on top of the world the "pink hats" think it's trendy to root for the Sox and attend a game or 2. Wait till they have a loosing season and we will see how many pinkys are at Fenway.[/Quote]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAPACHUCK. Show PAPACHUCK's posts

After Reading The Lifestyle Article About RED SOX Pink Hats,I Was Ticked Off. I Bought My Wife A Pink RED SOX Hat With A Rhinestone (B) ON The Hat For Her TO Wear To The Hospital When She goes For Her CHEMO. Treatments. We Are Both Retired And Have Been RED SOX Fans For Many Years . We Both Wear Our RED SOX Hats (Hers Pink,  Mine Blue) When Ever We Go Out. No Matter Where We Go People Love Her Hat Especially When We Are At The Hospital. So All You Ladys With PINK Hats GO Ahead And Wear Them With Pride For You Are Real RED SOX Fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from netsurfer33. Show netsurfer33's posts

A couple of years ago I had the good fortune to be given a couple tickets to see a Patriots game. The friend who took me lamented that all the gear that would fit her was pink. She wanted to know why merchandisers thought women only wanted to wear pink. I agreed, I'd been playing sports all my life and as a girl jock, nothing felt more ridiculous than putting on pink shoes, shorts, shirts and/or hats. As an adult sports fan, if I'm even compelled to drop money on merchandise (which isn't often because I think it's a HUGE racket), it's not going to be pink.

Having said that, I had no idea there was such a furor over the pink hats. Are the Fenway Faithful so desperate to be miserable over something that they need to rail over pink hats? I guess with the Pats, Celts, Sox and to a lesser extent the Bruins (they did make the play-offs afterall) doing well, there's slim pickins for b!+ch1n.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ning. Show ning's posts

I've been a RedSox Fan for more than 20 years, If they sold pink hats when Yaz and Rice were playing I would have worn it then too!!

PINK HATS RULE!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmac1974. Show dmac1974's posts

To me "pink hats" are people who go to Fenway because they think it's cool.  Then they get there and they realize that a 3.5 hour baseball game can be boring.  They have no knowledge of statistics or team history to fill in the cracks, so they look around, talk on their cell phones and look generally uniterested.  But if their interest in the Sox pays for better players, at least there is some gain.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmac1974. Show dmac1974's posts

To me "pink hats" are people who go to Fenway because they think it's cool.  Then they get there and they realize that a 3.5 hour baseball game can be boring.  They have no knowledge of statistics or team history to fill in the cracks, so they look around, talk on their cell phones and look generally uniterested.  But if their interest in the Sox pays for better players, at least there is some gain.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Recifense. Show Recifense's posts

So the argument is that the people wearing pink or green hats haven't suffered enough as have those who rooted for the Sox before 2004?  Well, that sort of argument favors the grumpy old men like me who can talk about having suffered through the Sox of the 1950s with Pinky Higgins managing and Don Buddin at shortstop.  But we also had Ted Williams and Jackie Jenson and Frank Malzone.  So we suffered in the luxury of watch the greatest hitter of them all.  I remember getting into Fenway for free when there were so few fans they stopped collecting tickets midway through game.  That's suffering for free.  Anyway, I suffered more and longer than you younger folk, so stop your belly aching and thank God there are women in pink hats to look at between the plays on the field.  I always like the women in the stands more than the players on the field.  Made it worth going to the games when the players made us suffer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

"IS (insert player name here) gonna pay your rent?" F##K these over paid fools. Go play the game yourselves you lazy bastards. How does some dude taken directly  from a foreign country represent Boston? Only the workers (foreign or otherwise) busting their asses for this city earning 0.9% of the players salaries. HEADS UP! pro sports teams are souless corporations who could care less about "Red Sox Nation" except for the millions they rake in from it. SO THERE!

Then what are you doing on a Red Sox board?  And which corporations aren't interested in raking in your money?  And why would they be corporations if they were uninterested in money?  And by asking which player pays my rent, it implies that someone is paying your rent for you.  And if you earn a fair salary for your work, why do you care how much players make?  And if the pro teams are souless corporations, then shouldn't you and Fidel be celebrating the fact that the poor players are taking their money?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Anyway, I suffered more and longer than you younger folk, so stop your belly aching and thank God there are women in pink hats to look at between the plays on the field.

Amen gramps.  Perhaps the new generation of RS fans don't have the same appreciation for the babes.  I go to the games with some knowledgeable fans, but all of us can appreciate the view.

In any case, the suffering is over.  I started with '67, lived thru 75 and 78, was at Shea for G6 in 86, at the bar in Yankee territory for 2003.  I no longer remember any of it.  And like people that grow up without money appreciate  wealth more than those people born into it, I think I have a better appreciation for the Golden Era of Red Sox BB than some of newer fans.  Nothing wrong with newbies, since you have to start somewhere, but I feel the deeper enjoyment of someone who has lived through the bad times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack0201. Show jack0201's posts

You all need to do spell check and learn how to write. Second of all,  it must be a slow news day. Who cares?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1432445. Show user_1432445's posts

I think that if the stodgy guys are going to nay-say the pink hats becaue they aren't traditional enough, then they should hate the green hats and the camouflage hats just as much.  Personally, I have been a Red Sox fan since I was a kid, and the pink hat was the first time I felt like a real lady, and not just one of the guys.  And, it totally pulled my two daughters into baseball when I got them pink hats to coordinate with all their pink clothes. 

Frankly, I like variety.  I like putting on assorted hats to go with assorted outfits, and as long as every hat I pull out has a big "B" on the front, I know I am supporting the team I love.   And for those who buy lamps, mugs, rugs, bandanas, dog collars, license plates and sheets... good for you, too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amelia33. Show Amelia33's posts

Would I wear a pink hat? Never. But, I also don't have an issue with anyone who does. Hell, I'm surprised I don't catch flack when I'm lucky enough to make it up to Fenway for my mildly apparent Baltimore accent (go ahead, ask me to say Pawtucket). I'm 22 and only really got into baseball when I was 10 so, no, I suppose I haven't really suffered with the team. That doesn't, however, mean that I'm not a devoted and will remain one for the rest of my life. I'll continue to proudly wear my navy hat with a green B and shamrock on the back in addition to my traditional one because either way, it still stands for Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1432445. Show user_1432445's posts

PS.  To Heddy

As sports began getting marketed more SMARTLY in order to expand markets,  new venues (women's sports fashions, kid's fashions, oh and home decor, too) were born.  This has nothing to do with joining a winning team's bandwagon.  My first pink hat was purchased in 2003, the year before we won the Series.  Before that I wore the traditional only because it's all they had.  It's called evolution, you should try it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebareba. Show rebareba's posts

We lived in Boston for almost 20 years, left two years before the Series win and are great fans of the Sox. When the pink hats started showing up, we sought them out, mostly as baby gifts for fellow ex-pats in our new part(s) of the country. My son, 6, who was born in Boston and takes HUGE pride in both that and the Red Sox gave his new baby sister a pink cap as her birth present. I can't even imagine how horrified and sad he would be to read that he and she would be considered faux fans. Perhaps his shame will soon extend to being born in a city that would be this petty. . . . .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdpinstripes. Show jdpinstripes's posts

How can you tell a Celtics Pink Hat fan?
    I.E. Front Runner
    Check the gear. Addias has held the NBA contract for one season. This past one. All of the new jerseys, pink, green, white, black, gold, or blue are made by them. 
    If it isn't Addias, they are a real fan. If it is, or if they wore any other jersey of any current player not named Paul Pierce, they aren't and they should be shot on site. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtlgosox. Show mtlgosox's posts

What an idiot you are.

[Quote]How can you tell a Celtics Pink Hat fan?
    I.E. Front Runner
    Check the gear. Addias has held the NBA contract for one season. This past one. All of the new jerseys, pink, green, white, black, gold, or blue are made by them. 
    If it isn't Addias, they are a real fan. If it is, or if they wore any other jersey of any current player not named Paul Pierce, they aren't and they should be shot on site. 
    [/Quote]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonesmonkey. Show jonesmonkey's posts

I am in support of the Green Hats--Go A's!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamievanlooy. Show jamievanlooy's posts

PINK HATS=FAIL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamievanlooy. Show jamievanlooy's posts

SOX CAMO HATS=FAIL!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamievanlooy. Show jamievanlooy's posts

GREEN SOX HATS=WORN ON FIELD BY TEAM  THEREBY ACCEPTABLE.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamievanlooy. Show jamievanlooy's posts

PEOPLE FROM  THE  THOUSANDS OF OTHER  TOWNS IN MA. CLAIMING TO BE FROM BOSTON MUST OUTNUMBER REAL BOSTONIANS BY AT LEAST
    3 TO !. THAT EXPLAINS ALL THE PINK HATS. IT"S FOR IDENTIFICATION. BOSTONIANS SHOULD THANK VISITORS WEARING PINK SOX HATS, THEN REFUSE THEM GOODS AND SERVICES AND NEVER SPEAK TO THEM OR MAKE FURTHER EYE CONTACT AGAIN.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Is this a Sox thread ? Who are all these posters ? 400 hits  ?

Lame subject ?

Sections
Shortcuts