1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Your thoughts on pink hats

[Quote]I think my problem with the pink hat is that it's not baseball.  The Red Sox with all of its history should not be regarded as a way to express your fashion preferences.  The team colors do not include pink.  Red, White and Blue.  As far as the green, the team sanctions the green color scheme as a nod to the Irish heritage of Boston.  If you truly love the Sox, you would wear the blue or red cap with pride.  The Sox aren't "cute", they are baseball.[/Quote]

This is still the best post on this thread

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from binky8788. Show binky8788's posts

I'm right with Binky. I've been a Sox fan for a long time. I've watched them stink, have watched them with Pedro and no line-up to speak of, bought a satellite dish in '98 just to watch them when I lived in D.C. I can say two things: I love the green Red Sox shirts they wore in honor of the Celtics, and if the women want to wear pink hats and support the team, that's f'in great. My ex-girlfirend was a Tribe fan, bought white hats because they looked feminine, and knew WAY more about the game (her childhood vacations were spent going to spring training and watching the Tribe) than most of the illiterate and dogmatic posters on chat boards. It's insane to judge a person on the color of their hat. I can't believe it's come to that. I mean, s***. If someone is going to take her vacation with you on Memorial Day to watch Pedro face Colon at the Jake, and she knows more about baseball than almost anyone sitting around you, who cares what color hat she wears????!!! It's just crazy. That said, I get why people get irritated with front-runners, especially those that use business connections to get into games they don't care about. That also irritates me. No doubt. But why "pink hats?" How about: Distant businessmen and women who never cared about the Sox until they won a title?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from binky8788. Show binky8788's posts

I'm right with Binky. I've been a Sox fan for a long time. I've watched them stink, have watched them with Pedro and no line-up to speak of, bought a satellite dish in '98 just to watch them when I lived in D.C. I can say two things: I love the green Red Sox shirts they wore in honor of the Celtics, and if the women want to wear pink hats and support the team, that's f'in great. My ex-girlfirend was a Tribe fan, bought white hats because they looked feminine, and knew WAY more about the game (her childhood vacations were spent going to spring training and watching the Tribe) than most of the illiterate and dogmatic posters on chat boards. It's insane to judge a person on the color of their hat. I can't believe it's come to that. I mean, s***. If someone is going to take her vacation with you on Memorial Day to watch Pedro face Colon at the Jake, and she knows more about baseball than almost anyone sitting around you, who cares what color hat she wears????!!! It's just crazy. That said, I get why people get irritated with front-runners, especially those that use business connections to get into games they don't care about. That also irritates me. No doubt. But why "pink hats?" How about: Distant businessmen and women who never cared about the Sox until they won a title?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from veeinvt. Show veeinvt's posts

This is the best example  I've heard in a long time of people with too much time on their hands who take trivial things  WAY too seriously.  So some fans wear pink hats.  Who cares?  I've followed the team daily since age 6, whether  they were in the World Series  or stumbling to the end of September and trying to  stay out of the cellar.  Not everyone who roots for the team believes that you have to act like the nut-job hero in Fever Pitch to be a "true fan."  I welcome the support and camaraderie of all fans, though I wish the armchair general managers and fashion critics would lighten up and find some other interests to occupy their time.  And look around you: there is a new generation of kids who have gotten to know the team since 2004.  When they grow up, rooting for the Sox will be about much more than self-pity and whining about Bill Buckner, Bucky Dent (I was there for that one), and Aaron Boone.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bert0529. Show Bert0529's posts

Real fans wear whatever they want. Imaginary rules made by exclusionary fans do not apply. They're imaginary. Ignore them.

Wear your pink/yellow/green/red/blue hats proudly and cheer for your team. Red Sox Nation is inclusive of everybody who wants in. You don't need to buy a card, you don't need a certain hat, you don't need to pass a test, and you certainly don't need to meet any false requirements made up by self-entitled elitists.

The funny thing is, I actually agree that it's a good idea to wear your team colors. I wear them. My three year old son wears them. Wearing the Sox colors is a point of pride for me because I live in the middle of Yankeeville. Unlike 67redsox, I just don't think that makes me any more valuable a fan than somebody in a pink hat. That exclusionary posture turns people off and speaks poorly of Sox fans.

All are welcome. Go Red Sox!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIsThe1. Show BostonIsThe1's posts

LMAO. Geeze, I can’t believe the collective petty hissy fit over PINK HATS! And the stereotyping about them, too.

Didn’t Mister Rogers ever get through to you with his “Won’t You Be My Neighbor” that girls are people, too? Cripes; no wonder Boston was the last to integrate its team. Nothing has really changed here, has it? It’s JUST a hat color… don’t worry… their blood is still red. Burkas and older fashioned hats don’t work for everyone, including cancer survivors and gays. Lighten up! No, wait… force your daughter to wear the hat of your preference no matter how much she cries. It’s sooo manly to act like this.

It all sounds like the makings of a geeky old Star Trek episode--

Crew: “Captain! We must fight! We can’t let anyone share our universe if their hat is pink; even if Scotty wants us to pay more attention to the fact that the sewage is backing up into the food supply!”

Kirk: “Losers! Didn’t you learn anything from that half black faced/half white faced guys episode?”

Spock: “Humans are hella macho stupid.”

Kirk: Sigh. “Alright, MR. Zulu… we’ll let them spin their training wheels some more. BACKWARD, warp 7!”

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjspear. Show sjspear's posts

I've been a baseball fan ever since my grandmother initiated me to the joys of listening to the Twins on the radio each summer when we would visit her (45 years ago).  My aunt joyfully followed the Phillies,and whenever they'd beat the Pirates, and she'd call my dad and gloat.  Yes, I live in the Pittsburgh area, so when I see some old-time Sox fans clutching their hair-shirts, I just roll my eyes.

My boyfriend has been a faithful Sox fan since 1961, and introduced me to the lore and legend of the Red Sox.  Finally, a team I could whole-heartedly immerse myself in!  We listen to Joe nearly every night on the WRKO feed on MLB radio, and watch the games on TV.  We catch the occasional road trip (endured a hostile crowd in Cleveland this spring) and I watch every pitch and swing.  I love baseball's strategy and unscripted moments, Theo's gorilla suit, et al.  I read Dirt Dogs and worry about slumps and injuries, and cheer the well-timed homers.  

I bought a blue Sox practice cap for myself two years ago, because it was the kind Trot Nixon wore.  If I ever get to Fenway, you won't know I've only been a fan since the 2002 season.  But I cheered wildly in October 2004, and watched the tears roll down my boyfriends face as he thought about his uncle Bill and his grandfather who are no longer around to enjoy the renewal.

I still wait patiently for the Pirates to get their act together.  Meanwhile, I have my beloved Red Sox.  So to all the longtime fans who say the new fans haven't suffered enough, I say "suffering?  You call that suffering?  Be a Pirates fan - THAT's Suffering!"

GFoS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[Quote]Real fans wear whatever they want. Imaginary rules made by exclusionary fans do not apply. They're imaginary. Ignore them.

Wear your pink/yellow/green/red/blue hats proudly and cheer for your team. Red Sox Nation is inclusive of everybody who wants in. You don't need to buy a card, you don't need a certain hat, you don't need to pass a test, and you certainly don't need to meet any false requirements made up by self-entitled elitists.

The funny thing is, I actually agree that it's a good idea to wear your team colors. I wear them. My three year old son wears them. Wearing the Sox colors is a point of pride for me because I live in the middle of Yankeeville. Unlike 67redsox, I just don't think that makes me any more valuable a fan than somebody in a pink hat. That exclusionary posture turns people off and speaks poorly of Sox fans.

All are welcome. Go Red Sox![/Quote]You assume too much. I'm sure you know what that means.Wear team colors and wear them with pride. Fashion statements are not for real fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[Quote]I think my problem with the pink hat is that it's not baseball.  The Red Sox with all of its history should not be regarded as a way to express your fashion preferences.  The team colors do not include pink.  Red, White and Blue.  As far as the green, the team sanctions the green color scheme as a nod to the Irish heritage of Boston.  If you truly love the Sox, you would wear the blue or red cap with pride.  The Sox aren't "cute", they are baseball.[/Quote]

Why is this concept so hard for people to grasp?

Be proud of your team colors, stop trying to make fashion statements.  This is baseball, this is the Red Sox.  What don't you understand?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[Quote]I am a woman
     I am a Red Sox  Fan since 1961
     I am  extremly knowledgable about baseball and the Red Sox. Watch every game, can't go to Fenway anymore, can't afford it, but I will always be a RS fan.
     I never have and never will own or wear a pink hat!
    [/Quote]

Way to go!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffq. Show jeffq's posts

Eileen: MA Native.

Pink hats are disgusting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[Quote]Eileen Quinn:MA Native.

Pink hats are disgusting.[/Quote]

Like your way of thinking!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from odysseus91. Show odysseus91's posts

you know i don't care what kinda hats people wear. i don't think it indicates how big a fan they are but i must say that of the people i have seen the most that are not real fans where the different style hats, not  mainly the pink hats i think. But like the camaflauge and the other different hats. i don't particularly like the different styles myself because i feel the Sox have specific colors and those colors represent the Sox but i do feel that not all fans that wear different hats are not real fans, my experience is just that many of them are not. However, i think that shunning fans that wear pink hats is over the top, we bought my mom a pink hat after the Sox won the world series in 2004 and we are HUGE DIE HARD Sox fans, so i think to a certain extent it is over the top to critisize pink hats, or different hats, but some definately are not real sox fans. And just to put it out there i do dislike bandwagon fans. I remember last years World Series where all the Rockies fans FOx interviewed knew nothing about the Rockies. I knew more and i'm not even a fan of them, so i do dislike bandwagon fans a great deal. But if you are here to stay for eternity and just came with the winning ways, hey i have nothing wrong with you, but only time will tell.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bert0529. Show Bert0529's posts

[Quote]You assume too much. I'm sure you know what that means.Wear team colors and wear them with pride. Fashion statements are not for real fans.[/Quote]

How would you know? You're not a real fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[Quote]How would you know? You're not a real fan.[/Quot

You sound very much like Yankee Diva.  I bet you are Diva with a new name.  Her sour, bitter and ugly comments and yours are about the same.

Hi Diva , how ya been?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bert0529. Show Bert0529's posts

[Quote] You sound very much like Yankee Diva. I bet you are Diva with a new name. Her sour, bitter and ugly comments and yours are about the same. Hi Diva , how ya been?[/Quote]Of all the things I've been called "Diva" is a first. Good try, but I'm Bert in New Jersey. You find my comments sour, bitter and ugly? I just said you're not a real fan. It's interesting how you find being told you're not a real fan sour, bitter and ugly, but you're perfectly willing to do it to other people. Basically, you find your own behavior sour, bitter and ugly. So do I.To recap: My position is that anybody and everybody who roots for the Red Sox is a Red Sox fan. Your position is that people wearing pink hats are not elegible to be Red Sox fans.I'm feeling pretty good about my position.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rudy99. Show Rudy99's posts

Whats worse than the pink hats are the replica home jerseys with the players names on the back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[Quote]Of all the things I've been called "Diva" is a first. Good try, but I'm Bert in New Jersey. You find my comments sour, bitter and ugly? I just said you're not a real fan. It's interesting how you find being told you're not a real fan sour, bitter and ugly, but you're perfectly willing to do it to other people. Basically, you find your own behavior sour, bitter and ugly. So do I.To recap: My position is that anybody and everybody who roots for the Red Sox is a Red Sox fan. Your position is that people wearing pink hats are not elegible to be Red Sox fans.I'm feeling pretty good about my position.[/Quote]

You are Yankee Diva or her Red Sox twin LOL!!!

I used to call her midge because she would come out of nowhere attack and be a nuisance but had no bite, just like the midge that attack the Yanks.

You are just the same so I'll call you midge2!!!!!

In the old forum we were able to use the ignore button, it worked as well as a can of OFF.

Since you are so new you wouldn't remember that.

I'll simply have to ignore you from now on because you are Midge2,
    annoying but with no sting LOL!!!!!

Real fans support their team by wearing team colors.  They don't care if they look pretty in pink to attract men or if it matches their outfits.

If they wore red tees and blue hats they would have the best outfits in the park.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuf said!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bert0529. Show Bert0529's posts

[Quote]You are Yankee Diva or her Red Sox twin LOL!!!

I used to call her midge because she would come out of nowhere attack and be a nuisance but had no bite, just like the midge that attack the Yanks.

You are just the same so I'll call you midge2!!!!!

In the old forum we were able to use the ignore button, it worked as well as a can of OFF.

Since you are so new you wouldn't remember that.

I'll simply have to ignore you from now on because you are Midge2,
    annoying but with no sting LOL!!!!!

Real fans support their team by wearing team colors.  They don't care if they look pretty in pink to attract men or if it matches their outfits.

If they wore red tees and blue hats they would have the best outfits in the park.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuf said![/Quote]

Now you're elitist about how long you've been on the forums. This is a real pattern for you this need to elevate yourself. Why can't you just be a fan like the rest of us? Why this need to be somehow better or more important than everybody else? You still have the same authority over who real fans are. Zero.

In the same post you say that you will now ignore and that you will call me midge2. Which one is it? Ignore me or call me names? Maybe I'll have the cooties next. What is this, a sandbox? You won't address me because you've realized that your position is undefendable. Hats and shirts are worn and put away. What is in your heart tells what you are. A Red Sox fan is a Red Sox fan even if you dressed him up in pinstripes. You're no better or more important than any pink hatted little girl or the woman who's boyfriend bought her a pink hat. No better. No more important.

Please ignore me. It's not you I'm posting for really. You're lost. It's the people with the pink hats I hope have read my comments. They are welcome and they are Red Sox fans as real as any other. Certainly as real as you, 67redsox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

I think we should give Pink hats to everyone in our pen until someone steps up and helps us win a game.  Houston is a horrible team and we could't even hold a lead or tie with them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[Quote]I think we should give Pink hats to everyone in our pen until someone steps up and helps us win a game.  Houston is a horrible team and we could't even hold a lead or tie with them.[/Quote]

I couldn't agree more, that was pathetic. They should wear pink hats and stockings.

Hey, then they will be called the Pink Sox so all the fashion forward pink hatters will be wearing teams colors lol!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ExiledInCali. Show ExiledInCali's posts

What's the diff between the pink hat and the incredibly stoopid cammo hat? Simple. Women wear pink and men wear the cammon. I think the ladies look cute in them....

And just for reference, I am old-school, have only worn hats that the Sox have worn on the field. My favorite is the '75 red hat with blue visor that I would love to see back again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TakeTheT. Show TakeTheT's posts

not a fan of the pink hats at all . . . unless you're absolutely smokin' hot, don't put one on

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

OMG have you people totally taken the term 'pink hats' out of context! Holy Cripes!!!

The term 'pink hat' HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH WEARING A PINK HAT!!!

The term 'Pink Hats' was used by longtime Red Sox fans to define bandwagon  joiners who decided to become Red Sox fans when they won a championsip. THATS IT!

To all the females who wear pink hats, as a feminine fashion statement, and are long time Sox fans, my sincerest apologies, for the pink hats trying to use the term literally.

In my opinion those message board responders here, who have criticized the lovely women wearing these pink hats, are the REAL bandwagon supporters that longtime Sox fans are trying to reference!

So ladies PLEASE keep wearing your pink hats at Fenway and on the road - you look great and deserve better treatment than this.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Hey Soxdog, what up?..wow this one's still going?...crazy w/e for Yanks and Sox..so you ready for another get together..given the kind of games they play i guess it's only right that the Yanks and Sox play each other on July 4th..LOL!!