1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1986. Show Mike1986's posts

Your thoughts on pink hats

What would you guys say the Fenway crowd is these days?  About 50% bandwagon fans and 50% true fans?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeyRedSox. Show MikeyRedSox's posts

pink stinks

only place I want to see pink is...well, you know

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1986. Show Mike1986's posts

[Quote]http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/game_7_scenes?pg=6

Here's the pink hat that started it all. [/Quote]

A Red Sox fan with a New York accent (a lot of people on Manhattan have New York accents),  that sounds unnatural

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CityofCHAMPSBOSTON. Show CityofCHAMPSBOSTON's posts

There is nothing wrong with pink hats... it's just like wearing a giant sign that says "I'm a Fair weather  fan"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tsawyer8. Show tsawyer8's posts

[Quote]I dont understand why guys would be upset at this.  Have you been to a game lately and seen the girls walking around wearing the pink hatas at the ballpark.  Its great to see some hot girls around the stadium.  I dont know how any guy could complain.[/Quote]

Why? Coz they're gay and they like don't the babes at the park. Women like pink hats, Irish dudes like the green. Black dudes like the black hats, I've even seen plaid. Jesus people, can we grow the f*#k up!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpearson1016. Show cpearson1016's posts

I'm a born and raised Sox fan now living in Orlando. I go to Spring Training, I purchase the MLB Baseball package so I can watch every game, I drive to Tampa when the Sox are in town and I try to get to Fenway every summer. I also love stylish clothes and shoes, but I would never wear a pink Sox hat or jersey! Pink is a great color for a cute pair of Jimmy Choo shoes, but it is not a great color for the Red Sox, Pats, Celtics, Braves, Yankees, Cowboys or any other sports team. Pink hats and jerseys are trendy, but the official team colors are timeless and classic and will never go out of style! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

[Quote][Quote]How would you know? You're not a real fan.[/Quot

You sound very much like Yankee Diva.  I bet you are Diva with a new name.  Her sour, bitter and ugly comments and yours are about the same.

Hi Diva , how ya been?[/Quote]

Your paranoia and insipid comments know no bounds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guysmiley. Show guysmiley's posts

I love the pink hats. My wife is a pink hatter, she's not a real fan (she didn't grow up here), but I appreciate that she joins me in watching a game from time to time. And for all the men out there who can't stand pink hats, I have to ask DO YOU LIKE GIRLS!?1?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheWorm. Show TheWorm's posts

[Quote]What would you guys say the Fenway crowd is these days?  About 50% bandwagon fans and 50% true fans?[/Quote]

i have never understood this..... what goves you or anyone the right to decide who is a "true" Red Sox fan... who cares if they were not born wearing a sox cap.. who cares if they dn't know who the backup ss was in 1971... who cares if they have not "suffered" as much as you... who cares if they don't know the stats of every sox who ever played (in some ways this might be a good thing, they have lives)... i've been a fan for a long time but I never saw why someone who did not "suffer" with me was not just as much of a fan as i am......

and lastly... why do you care when or how someone became a fan?  how does it effect your life? and why must everyone who gets sox tickets be a "real fan"???  i took my friends from Iowa to a game this year, she is not a sox or baseball fan so yes I did have to explain things to her... but we had a great time and thats all that matters...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

[Quote]Teakus , Glad you finally got around to repling to this.[/Quote]

Haha! Thanks jb2005. I really wanted to weigh my response carefully and this took some time. As a proud citizen of Red Sox Nation, I felt it was my duty to weigh in on such a pressing matter. :0)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nadf4ever. Show nadf4ever's posts

[Quote]Why do people hate pink hats? Because it's women who wear them and some guys think women can't be true sports fans.[/Quote]

Yes that's partially true. You ARE ALL bandwagon fans. Where were all of you broads 10 years ago when the Sox weren't good? Yeah, I thought so. Sports is not about fashion and being seen. Go back home and watch your soap operas. You are wasting a good seat at the ballpark.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nadf4ever. Show nadf4ever's posts

[Quote]I dont understand why guys would be upset at this. Have you been to a game lately and seen the girls walking around wearing the pink hatas at the ballpark. Its great to see some hot girls around the stadium. I dont know how any guy could complain.[/Quote]

There is no reason to mix sports and supposed "hot" women. You go to the game to watch the game. NO need for a sideshow of fair weather fan broads. They are a WASTE of a ticket. They don't watch the games. And Boston women aren't close to hot. The ugliest women in the country.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nadf4ever. Show nadf4ever's posts

It's once again the greedy, soul-less marketing ***holes wanting to make more money by making everybody feel included. They play to women's low level of intelligence, their innate insecurity, their childish need to be noticed and accepted, and their mindless herd mentality. Combine that with a team that is winning, and it's an easy sale. Amazing to go to a game and see these stupid BROADS wearing their pink hats. They're not watching the game! They are yapping away non-stop, either to their moron friends or on their cellphones. This is a WASTE of good tickets!! Think of all the guys who are the REAL fans that don't get to go to the game because it's sold out. Yeah, it's sold out because 25- 33% of the seats are occupied by bandwagon, yapping, uninterested women. If the Sox weren't winning, I guarantee that all of a sudden there wouldn't be any of these wannabe, pretentious bitches going to the games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jim---k. Show jim---k's posts

Baseball is a product. Naturally a team will get more attention when they are on a roll. GET OVER IT.

Anyone with a ticket has the right to enjoy their attendance at the game in any way they choose, as long as they are within the rules of behavior as defined by the club ownership. I believe wearing a pink hat is ok with Fenway management. Harrassing other fans is not. GET OVER IT.

If you don't want someone with a pink hat in the seat in front of you, I suggest you buy that ticket and give it to one of your friends. GET OVER IT.

I am a life-long Red Sox fan for over 40 years. My wife is new to this country and to baseball. If she chose to wear a pink hat (she hasn't), I would have no problem with it whatsoever. When she goes to a game with me, she doesn't understand much of what is going on, but we still have a good time. Isn't that the whole point of entertainment? Sports is a diversion, not a religion. GET OVER IT.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from longtimesoxfan. Show longtimesoxfan's posts

i have been a fan and attending games for more than 50 years. I personally would never wear a regulation cap because I do not like the color, fit, or fabric, but was delighted when they started selling pink hats. I wear mine to fenway (where I do not use a cellphone or talk continually during the gam), and when I travel throughtout NE, am immediatley recognized as a member of RSN.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

[Quote]i have been a fan and attending games for more than 50 years. I personally would never wear a regulation cap because I do not like the color, fit, or fabric, but was delighted when they started selling pink hats. I wear mine to fenway (where I do not use a cellphone or talk continually during the gam), and when I travel throughtout NE, am immediatley recognized as a member of RSN.[/Quote]

Good for you longtimesoxfan! While you've been representing the nation well for over 50 yrs, you must be amazed to hear the arrogent and classless louts here who would try to argue against your right to do so. And all because of 2 basic reasons: you are female and you like to wear pink hats. Bah! When I consider for a minute the happiness you bring to family members, friends in the community,etc. by sharing your love for the Red Sox, against these negative anti pink hat goons, it's clear to me who most folks would like to sit next to at a Sox game. You just keep on doing your thing there Lady! Our Nation is better off for having you with us, and your 50+ yrs of loyalty deserves nothing but the respect of Red Sox fans everywhere.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

[Quote]
    Born and bred in Mass I've been a Red Sox fan my whole life. There just was't a pink hat to wear. It's the B for Boston, the B for Believe. Winning or losing they will always be my team and I will proudly represent in any color.
    [/Quote]

Well said galagals!

Sections
Shortcuts