1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schimster. Show schimster's posts

Your thoughts on pink hats

You pink hat haters are idiots, especially the ones that say they are a result of the Sox success (i.e. fair weather fans)... There are plenty of fair weather fans that bought the REGULAR hats when the team started winning too. Just like there are TONS of people in Boston who bought a Celtics hat or t-shirt in the last 4 weeks....

Get over it! Maybe Sox hats should have born on dates...

GO YANKS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

[Quote]2004
    Highest Payroll to ever win a World Series[/Quote]

You ignorant dolt.  Complaining about the '04 payroll while your team is ALWAYS at the top end of the spectrum.  Go shove that up your "spectrum".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whosknockin. Show whosknockin's posts

[Quote]I wonder if Royals fans sit around and argue about things like this...[/Quote]

They're just a more powder shade of blue from winning it all!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JacqueStrappe. Show JacqueStrappe's posts

[Quote]2004
    Highest Payroll to ever win a World Series[/Quote]

2005 Yankees:  Highest payroll ever to be eliminated in the first round of the postseason.

2007 Yankees:  Break their record set in '05 for most expensive team eliminated in the 1st round of PS. 

Both teams spent more $$ than the '04 or '07 World champion Boston Red Sox.  Underacheiving at it's best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckB. Show BuckB's posts

How silly.

So my 10 year old niece who loves all things Boston sports and plays several can't wear a pink Sox hat?

And didn't the camo hat start with Timlin and Millar?

I have been a fan of the Boston Pro Sports teams since I could crawl...back in 1959.  I loved the Pats in the 1960s and 1970s.  I remember were I was sitting when Bobby Orr flew across the goal mouth in ST Louis.  I remember watching Dave Cowens stuff Kareem.  And I remember cryin when the Cards beat us in 67 and El Tiante' stealing a base in 1975.  My Virginia license plates say YAZ&ORR.  I have seen fans come and go. So what.  I didn't realize you had to take a loyalty test to be a member of Red Sox Nation.

And the guy who won't let his daughters wear pink hats?  What a jerk.

This is all about marketing and making money.  People should embrace the newcomers in all their garb and not get bent out of shape over how a fan chooses to show their loyalty.

If you are hung up on pink Sox hats, you seriously need to get out more. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marosoce. Show marosoce's posts

Pink hats, pink t-shirt, even PINK RAZORS are an insult to the female intelligence.   MAKE IT PINK AND GIRLS WILL BUY IT is what these marketing men think.  Just stupid.  Now making clothing merchandise form fitting for women was a good idea.   We don't need to look like we stole our guys t-shirts. 

If I see a PINK Bruins hat or jersey, I’ll burn down J. Jacobs’s house.
    Wear the Team colors and be a real fan

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aDavisSquare. Show aDavisSquare's posts

Are we really that superficial that we are judging each other on the color of our hats? There are alot of phonies in blue hats too. Not everyone in a pink hat is phony, some girls just like pink. The pink hat is a symbol, nothing more. There are many women sporting pink hats who became pseduo fans because it is now the cool thing to do, but you can't lump all pink hatters into that category. For the record I'm a lifelong fan and I often sport a green hat. Does this mean I'm not a true fan? Give me a break! Its not about whats on your head but whats in your heart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bucyk. Show Bucyk's posts

This whole topic is hilarious. I happily welcome anyone who gets enjoyment out of the Sox for a game, a day,  a week, a month or  for many years.  My suspicions are raised when anyone purporting to be a "longtime Red Sox fan" criticizes anyone else for any sign of allegiance or loyalty. Those are the people who raise my hackles. Hey, it's inclusion folks,  not exclusion. Just because someone has seen the light recently and wants to show it should not be interpreted as anything less than confirming what many of us have known for many years: the Red Sox are habit forming and much safer than heroin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

[Quote]

Are we really that superficial that we are judging each other on the color of our hats? There are alot of phonies in blue hats too. Not everyone in a pink hat is phony, some girls just like pink. The pink hat is a symbol, nothing more. There are many women sporting pink hats who became pseduo fans because it is now the cool thing to do, but you can't lump all pink hatters into that category. For the record I'm a lifelong fan and I often sport a green hat. Does this mean I'm not a true fan? Give me a break! Its not about whats on your head but whats in your heart.

[/Quote]
    Well said.  After all, it's about what happens on the field, not what a fan is wearing on their head, so long as it doesn't have the letters NY on it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from happysox. Show happysox's posts

What's the big deal what color a hat is? Like everything else in this country. there are choices for everyone, last I looked we were still a democracy.  I have been a Red Sox fan since 1985.  I have a pink  hat... I also have a dark blue one.  Can't believe people make such a fuss over what other people choose to wear.  Get over it people!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LargeJames. Show LargeJames's posts

Didn't MLB  recently have a pink weekend  in support of those who have suffered from breast cancer?  Couldn't the pink hat be seen as an extension of MLB's involvement  in breast cancer research, support, etc....?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowgirl. Show rainbowgirl's posts

It's just a HAT, for cryin' out loud!

Pink, camo, green, khaki, and other color hats weren't even available for fans to wear before the Sox became the team to support.  So, maybe folks should lighten up a bit.  If you don't like them, don't wear them, but it's no reason to group everyone who does into a fair weather fan category.  I have a pink hat, and I also have a red retro one, and two blue ones.  Oh, yeah. . . I've been a fan since the late 50's when the Red Sox were cellar dwellers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jas02478. Show jas02478's posts

I used to think the pink hats were silly-looking, but my neice changed my mind.  She loves her pink "B" hat, as she calls it.  She is a newbie fan, only since 2005, but that's half her life, and she's the envy of all the other 1st graders in Tasmania.

More power to her!

Now, the white hats are right out.  Only Whitey Bulger and his fans wear those :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bones. Show Bones's posts

WORD!   As long as there's a big "B" on the front of the hat. Who cares????   I have a red Red Sox hat, does that make me a halfway fan?  That's crap... I've lived and died with this team for my entire life.  And every yr or so I get a new hat.  If you catch a guy wearing a pink hat.  Now that's an issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marley209. Show marley209's posts

What a completely useless discussion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from frazzle. Show frazzle's posts

[Quote]I am a woman
     I am a Red Sox  Fan since 1961
     I am  extremly knowledgable about baseball and the Red Sox. Watch every game, can't go to Fenway anymore, can't afford it, but I will always be a RS fan.
     I never have and never will own or wear a pink hat!
    [/Quote]

I am a woman.
    I am a Red Sox Fan
    I like baseball - not extremely knowledgeable but it's a great game and it's fun.
    Also can't afford the game but that doesn't stop me from liking to watch them.
    I think the pink hats are cute and I might buy one.
    If the Red Sox fans beat me up over a pink hat then I will not be a fan anymore. I wouldn't want to be associated with idiots like that! I would still watch the Red Sox, and be a secret fan in my heart, but they would have one less fan on the street.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boodah. Show Boodah's posts

It's all about tradition. If the players wear it or wore it, IN A GAME, then it's part of the uniform and you are showing your team colors as a supporter by wearing it. I have yet to see a player wearing a pink hat or a camo hat or a blacked out hat in a game. The  sox wore green uniforms twice and not to celebrate the Irish heritage of Boston like some dope said earlier. They wore green to commemorate Red Auerbach when he died in 07 and they wore it last week. I think they wore green caps in 07 and their regular caps this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mandi722. Show mandi722's posts

[Quote]WHo Cares???? I think the Green Sox Hats are a worse fasion statement anyways (kind of the male equivelent to the pink hats).   [/Quote]

Not true, they're not the male equivalent, as they've been around for at least a decade- when I was in highschool, a friend of mine wore one to the prom, and this was 1995. We were still hurting back then. They may not be a fashion statement, but they don't scream "yuppie" and "fairweather fan" like the pink ones do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprint. Show sprint's posts

what is the big deal, it's a girl thing! Get over it.
    Why isn't anyone saying anything about those horrible green shirts the Sox wear sometimes, I get that it's a Celtic thing but really - green shirts?
    Leave the ladies alone, you guys are just mad that baseball is now a co-ed appreciated sport - it's not just a MAN THING anymore
    Go pink hats!!
    My goodness - get over it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from madriver1. Show madriver1's posts

Where were the pink hats before 2000?  Come on......Not too many years ago, there was no such thing as a pink (or green)  hat but once they became available they became popular.  I bought one for my daughter because she wouldn't wear a blue one like her brother; I have one myself now, too. 

As far as the pink-hat-wearers being on their cell phones during the games - take a look behind home plate sometime - those guys are not wearing pink hats but they're sure yakking away.

What a stupid controversy this is!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

When I first read the article, I got the feeling that I did not like the pink hats due to the "newbie fan" thing.  The woman in the article moved to Boston 2 years ago and instantly she's a Red Sox fan?  I grew up in the Boston area and only recently moved to Atlanta for work, but I'm not a fan of any Atlanta sports teams just because I moved here.  I love my home town teams and miss New England.  That being said, I agree with a previous poster that says the pink hats are mostly attractive women.  I like seeing them at games.  It's all good.  Pink hats are okay.  We have enough hate directed towards Boston teams from the rest of the country from the Pats' issues, we don't need to argue amongst ourselves.  Go Sox!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missymags. Show Missymags's posts

[Quote]Who cares what color you wear to support your favorite team. My little girls wear pink Red Sox hats, is that inappropriate???? Grow up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kenpast45. Show Kenpast45's posts

The pink hat phenomenon is not unique to Boston or the Sox.  Across the country, designers are making sports team clothing and accessories in a vast array of styles and colors that have little relation to the teams' traditional colors.  While I like the traditional blue hat with red "B", my son has a couple of those plus a solid black Sox hat, and my daughters have pink hats that - here's the real issue for them - match the clothes they wear.  It gives them more opportunities to root for the Sox in a way that matches their fashion sense.  Really not a big deal.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris119. Show chris119's posts

Frankly, i like the pink hats.  There are fewer knuckleheads at the games now, and that's always a good thing.

But most importantly, why would what someone else wears or represents diminish your enjoyment of a game or your team???  You would really need to have severe social issues if that is the case.  I like the Sox and I like going to the games, whether there is a park full of lifelong fans, or a park full of "pink hats".  Other people (and their dress habits) certainly aren't going to impact my fun....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff1010. Show jeff1010's posts

im 45 and have 'suffered' with the rest of you.   i was at the park in '78 when BD hit his shot over the monster.  i wear a traditional hat.  however, my 3 year old daughter  doesnt like that hat.  she likes pink.  so i bought a pink sox hhat and she loves it.   i live in NJ now so anyway i can support the team and have my children follow in my footsteps is fine with me.  and by the way....what about hats that just have the logo on the front...thats not a traditional hat?  why would that be ok?..or any of the hundreds of other hats...they are trying to make $$ so they can have a good team and get a return on their investment.  who cares..i say jump on the wagon..there is plenty of room.   i prefer to celebrate with a crowd anyway  

Sections
Shortcuts