1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProperBostonian. Show ProperBostonian's posts

Your thoughts on pink hats

You gives a crap if someone wears a pink colored hat.  You must be kidding me?  I sat next to a 10 year old girl last night.  It was the first time she was at Fenway.  She was wearing a pink hat.  Who in their right mind would give her a hard time because she choose the color pink?

Don't mean to sound sexist or stereotypical, but pink is a color that is associated with girls/women since birth. 

Women wear the color pink and it's as simple as that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lpga2008. Show lpga2008's posts

WHATTTTT???I am 23 and have been a die-hard fan of the Red Sox since I was 6, listening to the game with my dad on 850 with Joe and Jerry. I LOVE THE PINK HAT, i don't go anywhere without it!!!!! It is my way of both loving the Red Sox and still looking cute!

Anyone who doesn't like them are probably male, and we all know what guys think about women and sports! Women are too dumb and stupid and non athletic to like the red sox right???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1161289. Show user_1161289's posts

It seems that the different color of hats come from a newer ownership group doing more marketing and trying to reach more fans. So now there are different colors of shirts, hats, jackets, etc.  SO WHAT??  My wife and daughter have a pink cap, big deal!!  My wife has been a Sox fan since she was a kid and my daughter is now learning about it. It's a friggin hat, who cares!!  We Red Sox fans know who we are, we remember the heartache and the misery and now we are enjoyng the winning... let the hat thing go!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrScrappy77. Show MrScrappy77's posts

I dont mind the pink hats. So a few ladies want to jump on the bandwagon. Let them. I am 31 years old. I was Red Sox obsessed from childhood. I watched almost every game from when the ball went through Buckner's legs to when they won it all in 2004. After they won it all in 2004, I started watching less and less.

I chuckle when all these people claim to be diehard Sox fans, yet don't know who Jim Rice, Yaz, or Wade Boggs was. or Dwight Evans. Its cool to jump on the bandwagon, the bars are fun during games.

And why is it the people who riot when they win something are loser college kids from out of town?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bernie1380. Show bernie1380's posts

[Quote]Not a fan of the pink hats - I am a fan of tradition.[/Quote]

Then this is so not the place dude. So not the place. Unless tradition started w/ Kevin Millar in 03

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrScrappy77. Show MrScrappy77's posts

I don't mind people wearing Giants or Yankees stuff. If you are from New York, go nuts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmartin1. Show jmartin1's posts

Times are good when all we have to complain about is pink hats... My 6 year old daughter wears one.  Pink is her favorite color.   What's the big deal? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aswilkie. Show aswilkie's posts

I am a 43 year old woman and a lifelong Red Sox fan.  And, yes, I will wear a pink hat on occasion.  I also own a few red and navy ones as well.  It is ridiculous to characterize all "pink hat" wearers as new fans or less-informed fans.  I read the sports section first in the morning and listen to sports radio all day so I can hold my own when it comes to discussing baseball.  Over the years, I've seen the Sox play in Baltimore, New York and Chicago.  I am a true fan and one's fandom should not be judged by the color of his/her hat.  Maybe fans didn't wear different color hats before 2000 because they didn't exist.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bloke. Show Bloke's posts

To those grumpy and stodgy folks who act like old f--ts complaining about pink Sox hats I say: "Get a life."   I tend to think those who protest that their devotion to the Sox is greater than anybody else's are the true poseurs.  My daughter wore a pink Red Sox hat on the New York Subway going to work the morning after the Sox won the ALCS against the Yankees in 2004.  That is a true fan.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrScrappy77. Show MrScrappy77's posts

[Quote]You ignorant dolt.  Complaining about the '04 payroll while your team is ALWAYS at the top end of the spectrum.  Go shove that up your "spectrum".[/Quote]

2004 Yankees. Highest Payroll ever to choke after leading a playoff series 3-0.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JacqueStrappe. Show JacqueStrappe's posts

[ To me it's like a fashion item with a sox logo on it. Besides, everyone looks good in the navy and red[/Quote]

Haha!  Believe me, I've tried that logic with the Mrs.  The only problem is to match the Navy blue and red, it would cost me new shoes, a handbag, earrings, coat...and on and on.  As long as the hat color matches the majority of the wardrobe, I get to see at least 3 more games this season..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the45. Show the45's posts

I think the pink hats are fine.  It's those HORRIBLE pink Bruins shirts that should be banned.  They are about as bad a marketing move as the first version of the Ice Girls..., remember? They pushed trash barrels around the ice during TV time outs - real sexy.  This year's Ice Girls - who dress in the team's colors, for the record - are much more appropriate as cheerleaders than they have been in previous iterations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from frazzle. Show frazzle's posts

[Quote]All I have to say is they aren't the team colors. That's all. My opinion. I don't hate on people who wear them, I just don't see it as a sox hat. To me it's like a fashion item with a sox logo on it. Besides, everyone looks good in the navy and red[/Quote]

Navy is the worst color ever. Go SOX! My hat is the traditional navy/red but I'm getting a pink one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcguigginak. Show mcguigginak's posts

I hate any non-traditional colored hat, but for me what ranks right up there are the 'distressed' hats that they sell.  A hat should get dirty, faded, torn etc. due to use, not bought that way so that people think you are a long time fan. 
    Trot certainly didn't take long to break his in to look about ten years old.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chris13Chris. Show Chris13Chris's posts

Thank you. 

...stupid pink hats!!  Stick to the team colors, would ya?!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MisterPurpleHead. Show MisterPurpleHead's posts

It is truly pathetic at Fenway these days. I grew up here, went to the 67 series as a kid in addition to a zillion other games  and find myself rooting for the opponent more often than not these days- Fenway has become a yuppified theme-park of itself, full of fair-weather bandwagon fans. GO ROYALS! GO RAYS! GO ANYONE! Once this team fails to make the plyoffs and loses it's caché, these people will be gone to the next trendy thing and a regular fan can buy a ticket again without being extorted.. :(

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Murraydog. Show Murraydog's posts

[Quote]2004
    Highest Payroll to ever win a World Series[/Quote]

2004 Highest Payroll ever to lose a 3-0 series lead to muff the ALCS.  Payroll schmayroll... i bet you don't know why the Sox never spent any money before John Henry and the rest bought the team.  Probably you don't know anything because you are a troll. 
    Anyhooooo.... hats or no hats... pink or blue... as long as you are the same disturbed and crazed fan you claim to be now when the Red Sox don't have a great season (in about 11 years) then it's ok to wear any color hat you want. 
    I have an I idea... how about a clear- uncolored hat,... just a capital B floating over your head.. .will everyone shut the (*&(# up about it then?

Respectfully yours from  the Owl Farm,
    Raoul Duke's little Cousin

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fabtrick. Show fabtrick's posts

Why do we hate the "pink" hats?  It's marketing crap, plain and simple.  If you have to have something other than the REAL Red Sox colors on your cap, you are more interested in the fashion statement it makes than supporting the team. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shawnK1. Show shawnK1's posts

My wife is a big fan and she is a recent breast and skin cancer survivor.  Enough said. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox-n-pats-fan. Show sox-n-pats-fan's posts

I have a white(colored) Red Sox cap from years back that has a blue visor, the red letter "B" and navy blue pinstripes.  I think the hat looks great but others think it is some kind of tribute to the Yankees.  So, I don't wear it much, anymore.

The pink hats are fine. 

Green Red Sox hats should only be worn on March 17th and June 17th (celebrating Celts 17th Championship).

Black hats with a black Sox "B" are out.  Gang member wannabes seem to prefer them. 

All hats should be worn visor forward.  Backwards looks dopey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstar1. Show mstar1's posts

Ive been going to Fenway for 42 years and I could care less what color someones hat is, Its interesting to me that its the "blue hats" who hate the "pink hats". They are just as bad, hats werent around hardly at all even a few decades ago, now that it has developed a hierarchy is all sort of silly to me.

If there is some group however imo that should be banned its the goddamned corporate buffoons who seem to be seated around me at nearly every game that I attend,
    Whether trying to impress some client or "bond" with coworkers outside of work its criminally disgusting the way these people yammer on and on and on and on and on and very rarely even have a clue that they are actually  at a baseball game.
    I had some idiot behind me last night, that anyone could have heard three rows away. Not being able to get out of earshot I had to endure his entire life story, his parents, his grandparents, the corporate marketing strategies,, corporate interpersonal relationship ..blah blah blah blah blah for 8 innings he didnt shut up once,not for a second,  nor did he make one single comment about the entire game--.

If a "Pink hat" (or a blue hat for that matter)says or does something stupid during the game--its forgivable...but These obnoxious people that go as a social or professional outlet (especially the corporate types) who wouldnt know a baseball from bowling ball and want everyone in their section to know it  could be fed to the next pride of lions that comes through and it wouldnt bother me in the least

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from allstonian. Show allstonian's posts

Some college guy will soon wearing a pink Sox cap and then they will be all the rage for men's heads.  Just like pink dress shirts...

Hey, I find pink an irritating color no matter what form it takes.  Usually, in my experience (in MY experience), I find women who wear pink to be a lot of work...extremely high maintenance.  Pink is for little girls and breast cancer drives. 

Ladies, it does not make you look younger, more feminine or sexier! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Murraydog. Show Murraydog's posts

[Quote]My wife is a big fan and she is a recent breast and skin cancer survivor.  Enough said. [/Quote]
    Right On....
    be well

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bernie1380. Show bernie1380's posts

[Quote]This has nothing to do with women.  It has to do with the fact that A SIGNIFICANT PERCENTAGE of people passing themselves off as Red Sox "fans" are PATHETIC, bandwagon jumpers.   The woman in the article even said she had no interest in baseball when she moved here in 2002.  Now she's a HUGE RED SOX "FAN"???  Give me a break.   I grew up in Lynn and was a huge Sox fan as a kid.  Now, I ABSOLUTELY HATE THEM because of all the DOPEY FAIRWEATHER FANS that are out there.  It's really sad.[/Quote]

Exactly. Look at all the suddenly Celtic fans. Just look at the games last year w/ like 3 people in the stands then all of a sudden, there they are, all the die hards out at the parade.

What if the Bruins win it all this year? Lots of empty seats this year. Then boom, they win and here come the die hards.

I don't give a @#$% about what hat you wear, just your longevity

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fanta7. Show Fanta7's posts

I'm a life long fan and love seeing the ladies in pink hats.  Maybe that's because I actually like women, not like some guys on this thread.  Don't let these guys scare you ladies, most of them boned up on Red Sox history as soon as it became the thing to do. Plenty of Red Sox expert guys I know never played an inning of baseball as a kid.  You ladies wear your pink hats with pride.  What's the alternative?  Is Fenway supposed to be full of fat, sweaty, hairy drunk guys wearing old hats, with no ladies allowed.  I'll pass on that thanks.