Your favorite kids stores?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCThingsToDoStaff. Show BDCThingsToDoStaff's posts

Need new toys or duds for your little ones? We put together a list of some of Boston's quirkiest kids shops. Did we miss any? Where do you shop for your kids?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kathode. Show kathode's posts

Kids R Kids in West Roxbury (opposite the Library on Centre St.) has a nice selection of toys. Good for birthday gifts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from swest1027. Show swest1027's posts

The Blue Bunny in Dedham is great!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bad-kitty. Show bad-kitty's posts

Magic Beans in Coolidge Corner (has other locations, too) has a nice selection of quality toys, a little play area, and a decent selection of baby goods (carriers, potties, childproof stuff, etc.). The staff is extremely helpful, as well. Learning Express in Andover and Salem NH both have Thomas tables with trains on display and a selection of quality toys at all price levels. Toy Shop of Canton has a similar selection and displays to Learning Express. All these stores have a similar selection to Stella Bella toys, but they have a much better return policy - note that Stella Bella has great toys, but a very short (1 or 2 weeks at most) return policy --even during Christmas!!-- after which it is store credit only. I like that many of these small stores carry lots of toys NOT made in China (i.e., toy trucks made in Germany). All of these small toy shops will do free gift wrap for you, and can order many toys not found in the stores, too. Note also that many of the Barnes and Noble stores in the suburbs have Thomas train tables to play with set up in the kids book areas. My young children (3 1/2 and 2) also enjoy checking out most Pottery Barn kids stores (although I rarely buy, there), as these stores usually have toy stoves, tables, doll houses, doll strollers, etc., available for kids to touch, and cool room setups.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clubsammy. Show clubsammy's posts

The problem with many of these "creative toys" that adults love because they are well made...and kids have zero interest in after one hour. They are good for 5 and under, but do very little to interest an 8-11 yr old boy in particular!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from becaboo. Show becaboo's posts

I really like the Toy Box in Hanover. The owners know their stuff, and my children can play while I shop. They have a great selection of toys at a variety of price ranges. Love them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goosenecks. Show goosenecks's posts

Little Towne Toys in Littleton, MA has a good selection of quality toys for the under-6 kids. I agree with clubsammy that many of these creative toys don't appeal to older kids. Little Towne Toys also has a decent supply of puzzles and art supplies that my older kids much prefer. At least when I can pull them away from the video games. :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andytgd. Show andytgd's posts

I am a fan of Twinkle Star Boutique in Ball Square - Somerville.
    They have some really cool tshirts and high quality clothing and shoes...

Plus their toy selection is unique!

BEST OF ALL - huge play area in the back w/ enough cool toys to keep my 2 year old interested for an hour or more......makes our trips down to True Grounds a bit more fun for him!!

and their staff rocks =]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rydal. Show Rydal's posts

Give a kid a paper bag and a stick and they will figure out how to amuse themselves eventually. They haven't yet felt the need to become hip and "quirky". Only their parents worry about that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from arnoldsnarb. Show arnoldsnarb's posts

Best clothing is Wild Child in Arlington Center. Walking distance from Krazy Karry's quality hamburgers.

Sections
Shortcuts