Boycott the Orpheum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from championsbaby. Show championsbaby's posts

Boycott the Orpheum

Despite what the Boston Culinary Board are saying, this is another travesty and abuse of the Patriot Act.
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/04/24/bartenders_serve_up_drinks_customs_checks/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ubet. Show ubet's posts

Boycott the Orpheum

Boycott???� Are you kidding, I'm going to give them more of my business.� Thanks for pointing this out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from championsbaby. Show championsbaby's posts

Boycott the Orpheum

We make a lot of money from tourism and if you stop these tourists from our nightlife then a lot of them won't come here any more.� Remember before you jump on your Patriot bandwagon that the Boston Marathon brings $100m of spending into the area creating jobs for a lot of people.� A lot of that money is from the families and friends of the runners who like to go out and wine and dine.� So it's a slippery slope you are touching there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ubet. Show ubet's posts

Boycott the Orpheum

I'm not on any bandwagon.� This guy is an illegal alien and shouldn't be in the country.� My family has been personally effected by illegals and I just want them to leave (if not the country at least my community).� Maybe you can take them?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from championsbaby. Show championsbaby's posts

Boycott the Orpheum

Personally affected....wow, so put them all in the same boat and ship them out.� It's more than the Irish and the Mexicans in that article.� There are so many illegals here who do the work American's wouldn't "dream of doing" because they feel above it.

Get a grip on reality, even Mitt Romney had illegals working for him and he turned a blind eye.� As for those who claim the Illegals are the freeloaders, tell me the last time you saw an illegal so fat he had to use an electric chair and still smokes a cigarette.� My taxes and healthcare are thru' the roof because of people like this, not the illegals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ubet. Show ubet's posts

Boycott the Orpheum

Grip on reality, get a life.� I love that statement "illegals here who do the work American's wouldn't dream of doing".� Do you have any experience in these factories where Americans wouldn't "dream" of working.� Probably not.� You just throw out the trendy arguments, no substance.� Have you heard the recent article about people whining that there aren't enough jobs for high school students?� Oh and the illegal Mitt hired.� Your telling me American's won't landscape anymore?You probably think class sizes for children aren't bad either, get a clue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from championsbaby. Show championsbaby's posts

Boycott the Orpheum

Yup I have experience.� I emigrated here and worked in a sweat shop for the first few months.� Check!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SNAPPA52. Show SNAPPA52's posts

Boycott the Orpheum

Wonderful, its about time corporations start enforcing our countrys immigration laws, sick to death of these people coming over here, whether they be Mexicans or Irishman follow the rules and you'll be welcome with open arms, disobey our laws and you'll find yourself in a class A jail cell waiting for a ride home.�

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from championsbaby. Show championsbaby's posts

Boycott the Orpheum

I don't think that will happen either.� I may have been borne elsewhere but I came here legally and am a dual citizen now, but I know your type.� Remember the original people here were hunted down and almost killed off.� I am pretty sure your ancestors came off boats of some type or another so don't throw too many stones from that glasshouse of yours.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from championsbaby. Show championsbaby's posts

Boycott the Orpheum

Oh boy....here we go....education of the rights of the person in the United States be he illegal or not.� The problem with a lot of people born here is that they know squat about certain laws and rules.� I am not painting with a large brush but there are quite a few who don't think too far outside the box.

He's illegal and yet he is paying taxes here.� I don't see you complaining too much about his contribution to the economy.� A lot of the illegals who are here and are established (businesses, relationships etc.) do work with attorneys to get status in the US.

The terrorists who attacked this country were here legally.� We are not doing a good job keeping people out so we might as well make the best of what they can do while here.

And as for the cops catching him driving as an illegal.� The cops can't stop a person because they "think" he may be an illegal� That's called profiling, which is another abuse of the fourth amendment of the Constitution of the United States.� I know this because I had to know all that stuff when I became a citizen.

And by the way, a visa isn't illegal.� It can expire but it's never illegal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from championsbaby. Show championsbaby's posts

Boycott the Orpheum

Then I guess the Statue of Liberty's motto is a load of bs?

I don't understand how someone drains the economy if they are paying taxes and working here.� I do understand how someone who is freeloading ( on welfare or disability for whatever reason) is a "drain" on the economy.

Some people don't have the luxury of waiting to come over here and since the US is pretty easy to get into, it will always be a haven for people.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilcrowe. Show wilcrowe's posts

Boycott the Orpheum

A lot of the illegals who are here and are established (businesses, relationships etc.) do work with attorneys to get status in the US.
    Has the illegal in the article done so?� He's been here for a decade.� What has he done in that time to change his status?� He's got enough cash to buy a 60 dollar seat to a show and to buy (or attempt to at least) a 7 dollar beer.� Perhaps he should use some of his hard earned money to hire a lawyer.� And you have to love his flippant attitude to the bartender.� "Who are you, immigration?"� Perhaps he should return to his homeland where he won't be harassed.� The economy is booming there.� Plenty of nails to hammer.

Sections
Shortcuts