Wallet-friendly date suggestions?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCThingsToDoStaff. Show BDCThingsToDoStaff's posts

Wallet-friendly date suggestions?

The economic recession isn't exactly romantic. You still want to take your S.O. out on the town, yet you can't afford dinner and drinks at upscale restaurants every weekend. We have some wallet-friendly date suggestions; now, we want to hear your ideas!

Tell us how you keep date costs down. What free or cheap activities around the city can double as dates?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BD1958. Show BD1958's posts

Re: Wallet-friendly date suggestions?

A day trip to the Boston Harbor Islands.  Pack a picnic and your swimsuits and the round-trip fare is a great bargain!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlissa82. Show mlissa82's posts

World's End in Hingham
    $5 per adult
    Walk around the beautiful outdoors, check out the Boston skyline, bring a picnic.
    It's beautiful and relaxing, and very wallet friendly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Recifense. Show Recifense's posts

Stay home and snuggle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marketinganimal. Show marketinganimal's posts

The Hatch Shell

The Hatch Shell is a great place for free events in the warmer months.  I love the classical concert series on Wednesday's from 7-9.  All of their events are free.  They also have movies on Friday nights.  You can pack a picnic and even enjoy wine if you aren't too blatent about it.  Dogs are in abundance if you are a fan like I am and don't want to leave Rover at home. 

Their calendar can be found here:  http://www.mass.gov/dcr/hatch_events.htm

Cheers!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrittyWang. Show KrittyWang's posts

Dating can be a little bit expensive especially when you just start dating for a few days, the boyd always try to impress his loved one, so they always try to get the romantic palce and show their generiousness.Ahah......

I am not in Boston, I am in China, I think one of the wallet friendly dating is going to the park.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrittyWang. Show KrittyWang's posts

KissThere are a lot of free parks where you can have your your special romantic date, you can walk along the bridge, walk in the forest, enjoy the lake.really wonderful.have a try.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkel7213. Show dkel7213's posts

mcdonalds dollar menu, some mcflurries, and a walk from one end of boston to the other, that should take all day and be relatively inexpensive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bono1320. Show bono1320's posts

In Response to Wallet-friendly date suggestions?:

Here's a great day that me and my girlfriend caught on a Saturday in Boston, that you can most likely still do for a few month while the weather is still nice -

1.) Take the T into Boston Commons. ($4)
    2.) Walk from the Commons through Fanueil Hall to the North End. Find a local market and buy some small picnic food; we chose fresh Genoa salami, peccorino cheese, and water crackers. (< $10)
    3.) Walk back to the Commons and sit by the pond in the Boston Gardens. Proceed to people-watch and create stories and scenarios about those people that you encounter. (free)
    4.) Walk to the Esplenade and catch a free Oldies 103.3 concert (the Temptations, we did) or go for a walk down by the River. (free)
    5.) Take the T home to Alewife. ($4 + $7 parking)

We spent a day in boston for $25! And we couldn't have had a better time - all that picnicing and walking opens up the time to chat and joke, where you can really get to know someone well!

Hope you enjoy the scene, there's TONS to do for cheap around Beantown!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArbysCurtains. Show ArbysCurtains's posts

Three Course meal + $25 bill = Cabot's Ice Cream.  743 Washington St. Newton, MA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutragedTaxpayer. Show OutragedTaxpayer's posts

I love how tapas are mentioned as a example of a "cheap date".  I guess if you only get one plate each...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vistagirl. Show Vistagirl's posts

For nature lovers, Google your zip code and "gardens" or "arboretum"  and you can enjoy a beautiful day with your honey for very little $$$.  Tower Botanical Gardens is one of my favorites, with gorgeous outdoor sculpture gardens, many romantic benches and nooks, and a sweet dining area for a light meal (or bring your own picnic food). http://www.towerhillbg.org/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from burbie. Show burbie's posts

A trip to the beach. Cheap to drive and many on the North Shore are available by T. Bring some of your favorite poetry books. When you're at the beach, find a secluded spot and read poetry to each other.

You'll feel less nervous if you spend most of the date walking instead of sitting. Walking relaxes your nerves and puts you at ease.

Go out for a smaller, cheaper meal. Justify it by saying you're watching your weight, which always looks good. To avoid lying, really start watching your weight at least a week before the date.

@Vistagirl: My security software blocks Google. Can I find that stuff on another search engine?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from leduecb87. Show leduecb87's posts

alot of time ill find specials, happy hours or new deals nightly at www.eventtap.com....try it out, its a new site that has a live, real-time feed of whats happening right now, around you!!   www.eventtap.com

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonladywriter. Show bostonladywriter's posts

How about attending a wonderful concert at one of the local conservatories or universities (Berklee, New England or Boston, BU)?  Pair that with a light dinner, drink and/or dessert and you've got a great evening out!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jetaspirin. Show jetaspirin's posts

Boston Swing Central has a fantastic Friday night dance every week, most of the times with live bands, a free lesson and lots of fun people.  And it's between $10 and $17 for admission depending on the band/DJ etc.  A bargain and since you're not injesting something, you're not gaining weight...and it gives you something to do with your date, and you can see if your date is coordinated, and/or have a few good laughs while learning something new...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I'm a cheap date..lol..I am happy with a walk along the beach....lol..but barring that...you can see a play put on by a local theatre group pretty cheaply..or watch a college sporting event much cheaper than going to see the pros.
    5 star restaurants are nice for a big occasion..but for me..who I am with is much more important that where I eat dinner.