Battle of the burritos?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Battle of the burritos?

Calling all burrito fans: Which local chain makes your favorite wrap? Are you an Anna's purist? A Boloco loyalist? Do you drive 20 minutes out of your way to grab a Qdoba burrito? Why?

What makes your favorite burrito the best?

See what our burrito panel picked.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aggiedog. Show aggiedog's posts

Battle of the burritos?

As a tranplanted Southern Californian, Picante in Central Square gets my vote for best burrito. Authentic ingredients, a salsa bar to beat the mariachi band, and a tall, cool horchata to wash it all down with makes Picante the best burritto stop in the area.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddmplynx. Show ddmplynx's posts

Battle of the burritos?

El Pelon wins this. Hands down

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrenhunter. Show wrenhunter's posts

Battle of the burritos?

Boca Grande is my favorite (though I do love the tacos at El Charro). Their stuff is much better than this "review" suggests. Anna's is good, too, but overrated -- note the stunned amazement from the "experts" that they didn't pick Anna's, and the bit of rationalization at the end.

However, I do agree you need to pick the right "roller" at any location.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lem144. Show lem144's posts

Battle of the burritos?

We need El Pelon on here.

Anna's?� Get real.� Their burritos suck.� Coming from Burrito-heaven in the Bay Area, Anna's is liking eating a small hot dog.� Not at all good.� In fact, I refuse to go there and would prefer the corporate hacks over it any day.

Bostonians wouldn't know a good burrito if it whacked them in the face.

I used to be a fan of Boca Grande until there was a bug crawling out of my food.� That soured me on their food.� Plus, their chips and guac seemed to come from Costco....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lem144. Show lem144's posts

Battle of the burritos?

Well, BoLoCo, means Boston Local Company, so I consider it local.� Their burritos are good.� So are the ones from Felipes.

I do like Qdoba if I'm mad hungry - they make huge burritos.

But, alas, I miss La Burrita from the East Bay.� Cheap, big and good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhwong33. Show rhwong33's posts

Battle of the burritos?

You should know that Boloco used to be known as The Wrap.� It's like the pleather of burritos.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lem144. Show lem144's posts

Battle of the burritos?

If it's like Pleather then Anna's is like Alpo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cweingarten. Show cweingarten's posts

Battle of the burritos?

Here Here.� This battle of burritos is for people who think salsa is from a jar.� Absolutely pedestrian.Actually, the best burrito in town is probably Herraras.� I love El Pelon, but Herraras is better.�

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lem144. Show lem144's posts

Battle of the burritos?

I had Herrera's once...it was ok at best.� Not like El Pelon.� Apparently they are re-opened.� Time to go back tonight!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bweir. Show bweir's posts

Battle of the burritos?

Moe's Southwestern Grill has the best burrito's in the Worcester area.� I know it's outside of Boston, but I'd guess they could hold their own against any other restaurant in the state.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1725298. Show user_1725298's posts

Battle of the burritos?

The best burrito in Boston is definitely Herrera's.� Theingredients are fresh, the rice has a terrific flavor and consistency,the salsa, cheese, and sour cream are well distributed throughout theburrito, and the wrapping is always tight.� Plus, the service is fast and outstandingly friendly.� For an extra treat,try a glass of their tropical mix juice!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nfcasola. Show nfcasola's posts

Battle of the burritos?

Best lunchtime Burrito in Boston is hands down Herrera's (sp.).� I typically go to the cart on Washington St. and order the steak.� The portions, taste, price are all tremendous.� I dont know why someone would go to Boloco, Qdoba, or Chipolte when this burrito is available for the same price and served just as fast.� I'm not sure about authentic mexican restaurants in the area, but if a quick and tasty burrito for lunch is what your looking for, you cant beat Herreras.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bugmenot. Show bugmenot's posts

Battle of the burritos?

Regardless�of how you feel about Boston Local Company's burritos, don't�be too warm and fuzzy about their 'local'-ness.Winona (Chicago and Seattle) now owns the company, and their�honcho said in October:�Boloco is an excellent investment for us as we focus on expanding this compelling restaurant concept so it can reach a national scale,� stated Laird Koldyke, Managing Director of Winona Capital Management.If you also abhor/boycott/are nauseated by�corporate chains, take heed.In all fairness, though, I only order meatless ones, but I do like their burritos.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandybaby. Show sandybaby's posts

Battle of the burritos?

Herrera's

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhat. Show ewhat's posts

Battle of the burritos?

CHIPOTLE!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brianpulliam. Show brianpulliam's posts

Battle of the burritos?

Wow, that "tasting" was a total joke. Clearly none of your panelists have been south of Maryland and thus have never tasted real Mexican food.� Smashed beans? As if a "real burritto" comes with boiled pinto or black�beans... give me�a frickin' break. This was like eskimos evaluating Italian pastries ... no insight at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jowire. Show jowire's posts

Battle of the burritos?

Best burritos I've ever had were at Bueno Y Sano in Amherst, MA.� And I have been known to drive 2 hours out there (I used to be in school around there) to get one, with some other weak excuse to justify the trip for lunch.� Madness?� Probably, but a damn fine burrito.��

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonmnelson. Show jonmnelson's posts

Battle of the burritos?

I grew up in Cambridge and have been living in Los Angeles for the past four years. I really miss Boca Grande bean and cheese burritos -- you can't get anything like them in L.A. Best burrito in my opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from burttio1234. Show burttio1234's posts

Battle of the burritos?

I think that if you want a great burrito you need to step right outside and north of boston and order carnitas, not beef.� Taquria Mexico in Lynn is great as well as Monte's with the spicy carnitas.� I beleive that white rice is more authenitic then the died yellow rice.� Lupita has a great burrito as well

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from spennell. Show spennell's posts

Battle of the burritos?

Hasn't anyone been to East Boston for anything besides the airport?� You can get, hands down, the best burritos there.� Somerville is also an excellent place for authenticity.� But if you're looking for a great burrito, or anything authentic for that matter - check out Taco Mania on Meridian St. in Central Square, Eastie.� Amazing food, great prices.� They don't speak very much English in there but it all adds to the charm.� There's a few more awesome places nearby as well.� Definitely worth checking out!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crimenpunish. Show crimenpunish's posts

Battle of the burritos?

El Pelon is the best Burrito is El Pelon, hands down, get el guapo....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc4885. Show Marc4885's posts

Re: Battle of the burritos?

[QUOTE]If you want the best burrito you ever had you need to roll to Amherst and get a Bueno Y Sano Burrito. Everywhere I've gone I've tried to get a decent burrito and this place still beats them all. When I go back to visit I have to bring back about 6 burritos with me to satiate people's needs.
    Posted by DirtyWaterChicago[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more.  It blows all of the Boston area burrito places out of the water.
    Check out their menu, its awesome...
    http://www.buenoysano.com/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rudejay. Show rudejay's posts

Re: Battle of the burritos?

This makes me crave Burrito Max again, just when I thought I
    was moving on. This city has never been the same since Burrito
    Max closed. Ooh and an apple cripito for dessert!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RC7. Show RC7's posts

Viva Boca Grande!!!!

A good burrito place melts the cheese with the tortilla steamer so ALL of those chain burrito places are out. 
    I go to Anna's only when I want a flavorless chicken burrito.  So I pretty much never go there. 
    The only two places that I have found who melt the cheese and flavors the chicken is Viva Burrito and my favorite Boca Grande.  Those who voted for Anna's really need to try out these 2 places.

Highly Reccommended!!!

Sections
Shortcuts